MK9 | Was it good for you?!... Mileena Thread

not only does the < + BP sai stab increase the neckbite damage, it also works as an OTG move.

there are many easy to execute variations of that up+BK overhead into numerous uppercut/rolls, linked with either FK, BK or BK, BP then you can finish with roll/divekick-sai/x-ray.

not amazing combos, but good enough.

so i played around with Mileena (hahaha) and sure she doesnt have the highest damaging combos in the game. But im realllllly loving her high/low game. Sais seems like they are pretty good projectiles as well.

the biggest concern i have is Anti-Airing with her, Drop Kick? straight up Uppercut (those seem risky)?

i’m really not a fan of drop kick, but it can be followed up with sai for about 10% damage.

i might be wrong but i think that she has several moves with good priority for anti air - especially standing BK and the neckbite.

her mixup is not the best, but you have a few options:

if opponent blocks low you can spam projectiles for chip damage (very fast recovery) and decent damage, or if you can get close you have the overhead groundbounce kick to initiate a combo.

if the opponent is blocking high you can try < + FK (hits low) which will cancel into any special overriding standing block - and using this with roll is guaranteed to land a >20% combo.

> + FK (hits high with long reach) will also cancel into divekick-sai.

i think there is potential for a >30% meterless combo, but there’s a lot of cancels and inputs in there - it’s not exactly a reptile or ermac with the easy 35%ers. you can also add her xray onto the end of most any juggle.

on the whole i think mileena is pretty high tier. mainly because of the < + FK being able to cancel into any special, basically overrides standing block and allows you to do anything. she’s the only character in the game that i’ve found with such an attack (most of the obvious contenders will not cancel into special moves).

Hey guys I found a 30% combo that uses no meter and you can do it mid screen, it requires pretty specific timing though but here it is

Up 4, Up 4, Roll, back 1, 4, 1, 1, 2, leaping bite

I’m also working on another one and will post it up when I can land it fully.

i found this combo for mileena ,but i dunno if it was found yet so here it is

35% j.1/2, 23, ex ball, u4, b+1~4, dash, 112, ball, dash, cr.2

( you can substitute the cr.2 for really anything cuz the scaling kicks in , so it would be better to use something at the end to set something up for their wakeup)

My BNB combos…

Jump ins

Simple…
ji FP, BP, FK, ball, b+FP, BK, b+FP, BK, BK, ball/x-ray
36%, 47% x-ray

Harder…
Ji FP, Up+BK, b+FP, BK, B+FP, BK, BK, ball, B+FP, BK, neckbite/X-ray
38%, 39% ex or w/sai in their back, 41% ex w/sai in their back, 45% x-ray

NJP combo

NJP, B+FP, BK, B+FP, BK, BK, ball, B+FP, BK, neckbite/X-ray
37%, 44% x-ray

Instant Air Sai (assuming you hit your opponent in the air)

Mid/Close range Instant Air Sai, ball, B+FP, BK, (dash, FP, FP, BP, neckbite) BK, x-ray
24%, 35% x-ray

Far range Instant Air Sai, Telekick, Air Sai
15%

Telekick (assuming you hit your opponent in the air)

Telekick, airsai, ball, B+FP, BK, BK, neckbite/x-ray
25%, 35% x-ray

Anti air roll ball

Ball, B+FP, BK, B+FP, BK, BK, ball/X-ray
26%, 37% x-ray

Wall Combo

EX Combos

These are nearly always a waste, since they usually add only a simple 1-3%, it’s better to save for your breaker or x-ray, since it’s easily landed in most of these combos.

ji FP, BP, FK, EX ball, B+FP, BK, b+FP, BK, BK, ball, b+FP, BK, neckbite
41% damage

This did vid a few days ago: [media=youtube]h-AaWkb-Ll4[/media]

Not really new tech but whatever. Mileena’s combos are pretty easy to do and go good damage. I’m also digging her mobility and escape/teleport tools. That’s something Jade and Kitana miss even though they are a bit stronger in the combo department.

I think I’ll main her along with Stryker. She’s pretty good.

Her roll is a better AA than most ppl give it credit for

god damn those are awesome, brb practice time.

the timing is very hard (i can’t do it), but i’m sure this is possible:

B+FP, BK (groundbounce overhead), dive kick, sai, roll, BK, BP, dive kick, sai, X-ray or neckbite.

it’s insane how quickly you can cancel most of her command normals/combos into special moves… and cancelling into divekick is pretty safe because it’s so fast.

you can even use ex divekick as a teleport to get out of corner!

definitely think mileena isn’t far behind kung lao, raiden etc.

I’m having some trouble doing her instant air sais, what command are you guys using for it?

Away+up, foward P

I don’t really have anything to contribute, but some of these combos are great! I’m going to be maining Mileena. Originally was gonna go for Ermac, but it seems like he’s going to be quite popular, and I hate mirror matches, lol.

What’s the most damage you guys are getting off of a ball roll starter? Obviously this move is insane for punishing projectiles, and with all the spears/ice balls we’ll most definitely be seeing online, it’d be good to know how to milk it as best as possible. So far I’ve just been going splits -> 1,1,2 -> neckbite, it’s only about 20% though iirc.

I do believe that info is in the guide thread I started.

I find NJP combos to be a bit unsafe(for me, anyway), since they leave me open to uppercuts and other AA moves. Also, I think most decent MK players will see that combo setup a mile away the instant you jump, so I modified Mileena’s NJP BnB to better suit my playstyle. Uses no meter and does 31% damage, plus it’s not as risky since you don’t go airborne to kick things off. Here it is:

Standard: B+FP, BK, BK, Roll, B+FP, BK, Uppercut (7 hits: 31% damage)
Note: Delay your combo after Roll. You’ll need your target to start falling before you can finish up the combo. It’s really easy to get the timing down once you practice only a few times. Also, if you don’t want any delay in your combo, or are having trouble following up after Roll, you can switch it out for an EX Roll. The EX Roll leaves your target much closer to the ground, allowing you to finish up the combo without waiting for your opponent to fall within range. However, although using the EX Roll will grant you 2 extra hits, the damage output only reaches 30%. In addition, the uppercut is very difficult to land this way. Therefore, it’s just a waste of meter, and you’re better off training yourself on the timing.

X-Ray Variation: B+FP, BK, BK, Roll, B+FP, X-Ray (12 hits: 38% damage)
Note: As with all variations of this combo, always delay a little after your Roll to ensure you keep the combo going. Also, the second B+FP can be skipped since it only sacrifices 1 extra hit and 1% damage. I just mostly like adding in the extra B+FP because Mileena will often glitch out and end up passing right through your opponent after using your X-Ray. It will still connect, but she phases right through your target and does her X-Ray opposite the side from which you executed it xD Other times, the X-Ray forces your target to teleport back in front of you after you’ve phased through them.

Neckbite Variation: B+FP, BK, BK, Roll, B+FP, Neckbite(10 hits: 26% Damage/EX Neckbite 12 hits: 28% Damage)
Note: If you go straight into Neckbite after Roll instead of performing the second B+FP, you’ll only lose 1 hit and 2% DMG(regular or EX). As always, it’s up to you. I just go for every little extra hit to be flashy xP

Teleport Drop Variation: B+FP, BK, BK, Roll, B+FP, Teleport Drop(6 hits: 26% Damage/EX Drop 7 hits: 27% Damage)
Note: Of course, the second B+FP isn’t really neccessary if you want to keep the combo simple. It’s a little tricky to land the dropkick after the B+FP, so feel free to go straight into your dropkick after Roll if you want. You’ll only sacrifice 1 hit and 2% DMG whether you do regular or EX dropkick.

As you can see, perfoming the EX of either Roll, Neckbite, or Dropkick won’t significantly increase the overall damage output of your combo this time around. Therefore, you’re probably better off saving your meter for more useful things. I usually don’t use the EX variants in my combos for this reason. I only wished to note the damage output for the convenience of others.

Sorry in advance if these have been posted or shown before.

Let’s Get Flashy!
If you’re feeling a little extravagant, and don’t mind burning some meter, try this out:

B+FP, BK, BK, EX Roll, B+FP, BK, Roll, B+FP, Neckbite(16 hits: 30% DMG/EX Neckbite 18 hits 31% DMG)
Note: The EX Neckbite is optional(preferably don’t do it; too much meter burn), but the EX Roll is essential. It resets the pop-up to get in those extra hits.

Instead of neckbite, you can also just loop another B+FP, BK, Roll(13 hits: 31% DMG). This really is a pointless combo, considering the damage scaling on it is ridiculous, but you can think of it as more of an intimidation move than anything else. Or if you just love playing with your food, like Mileena does. In any case, I think throwing out a 16-18 hit combo loop would unnerve many opponents, allowing you to manipulate the fight to your favor. Good mind game. I find that when I used this on other players, they backed way off and started hesitating a lot, exposing even more holes in their defense.

Hope this wall of text is useful to someone. I thought it was really a fun combo with many variations, plus it’s relatively simple once you get it down. Happy hunting!

what can i do vs crouch blockers and, since my combos all end in neckbite, can i follow up with back 3,4?
like after i hit som1 grounded when i teleport kick.

I think you can follow the neck bite with D+BK…

thnx!
hey anyone know how to deal with characters like Smoke,Raiden,anyone that shits on instant air sai?
id like a quick response since im goin to play in an online tourney…

12 hours isn’t quick but…yeah…rush down.
Read the guide, and utilize her mind games and rush down combos that end with the Up+BK grounder>roll reset.