MK9 | "Too bad *you*... will DIE!" The Queen Sindel Thread

Here’s some quick info, I’ll update this more after a good night in training mode with her.

First off her babality is: d, d, d, u, FP

Some quick combos I do are

FP, FP, -> + BP, BK

BK, BK, FK

Feel free to continue Sindel dicussion, 1000+ y/o with the body of a 23 y/o

Awww, I was hoping for “I Whip My Hair Back And Forth-The Queen Sindel Thread” :stuck_out_tongue:

This works too, though.

I’m loving how she plays so far, her moves all look great, flying ftw, and the hair whip is boss. So much fun.

Any chance on posting the movelist for her?

Good zoned with air and ground fireballs, but hard to fight chars like kabal and stryker. Also to note not many damaging combos outside of the corner. Most damaging I could find was b+back kick, f+front punch, b+front punch, air fireball. 22% .

A neat trick is canceling her levitate immediately by pressing guard right as u activate it. This causes a small purple cloud and it almost looks like an extremely small hop. Might have some use.

Her X-ray is a low attack, meaning you can have scary mix up with meter, and it is easy to combo into from any combos since it has a great hotbox. Sadly the rest of her moves leave me unfulfilled, as her normals are slow, and damage is difficult to obtain.

Her scream comes out to slow to be used effectively.

I honestly don’t feel she is that great, but she is very cool nonetheless.

lol I was gonna do that if I made the thread. Or “can you hear me now?”

After playing a bit more with her, I really do love her in this game. Her X-ray is possibly one of the best to hit with in the entire game, it’s low and really fast.

Has anyone found a way to abuse her Fly Cancel yet?

Some combo’s I figured out with her. I’m sure there are stronger/alternatives to each, but this can showcase what she has the potential to do.

BK, BK, jFK ~ Air Fireball - 4 hits 21% Dmg

jBP, b+FP, BP, jBK ~ Air Fireball - 5 hits 24% Dmg

jBP, b+FP, BP, QCF+BK (Step Up) - 6 hits 20% Dmg

b+FK, f+BP, QCB+BP (Yell), ff, b+FP, BP, QCF+BK (Step Up) - 8 Hits 26% Dmg

b+FK, f+BP, QCB+BP (Yell), ff, nj.BP, ff, BK, BK, jFK ~ Air Fireball- 8 Hits 33% Dmg

[media=youtube]NIdIPaXLUWI[/media] - Performing the combo’s in order.

Edit - More combos

b+FK, f+BP, QCB+BP (Yell), ff, b+FP, BP, ff, FP, FP, FP ~ QCF+BP (Hair Whip) - 10 Hits 32% Dmg

jBP, b+FP, BP, QCB+BP (Yell), ff, b+FP, BP, ff, FP, FP, FP ~ QCF+BP (Hair Whip) - 11 Hits 32% Dmg

b+FK, f+BP, QCB+ BP (Yell), b+FK, f+BP, ff, FP, ff, FP, ff, FP, FP, FP ~ QCF+BP (Hair Whip) - 12 Hits 36% Dmg

[media=youtube]U5CtHBmyzLoY#t=00m50s[/media] - Link to the 3 Combos listed above

After a Yell you should be able to do almost any combo you want, and you can ex any of the special moves for more dmg, although her X-ray is too awesome to sacrifice. :rofl:

I feel like she is a fairly weaker character compared to the rest of the cast (e.g. Ermac’s easy 8 Hit 39% combo), but her purple attacks remind me of M. Bison’s psycho power and her leg flip attacks remind me of Lily, my 2 favorite chars in Street Fighter and Tekken.

Thanks for posting those combos. I really want to learn Sindel but it feels like her normals are mostly really slow/bad. idk.

My idea was: “She’s a screamer”.

Not if this is something new or old news, but you can air dash during flight. Also, flight seemed a little buggy to me. Once in a while, after a few air dashes and fireballs, I suddenly wasn’t able to do air fireballs during flight. Even if I landed and reflew, I couldn’t do fireballs. Also, sometimes if I did an air dash followed immediately by a fireball, I’d unfly, even though I never pressed block. Didn’t seem to be much rhyme or reason behind it, but I could be missing something.

It seems best to use FP air fireball in midscreen combos.

Did NRS purchase likeness rights off of Angelina Jolie?

I put together a small combo video:

[media=youtube]wx8ikYBa0CY&feature=player_embedded"[/media]

Nothing fancy, just some stuff I found while messing around in training.

I should have a longer one (2-4 minutes) up either today, tomorrow or Sunday.

I noticed in the TYM Sindel guide that she can use Levitate as a wakeup attack with some invincibility frames. Not sure how much invincibility you get, but maybe wakeup Levitate Cancel could be a decent option?

My favorite combo is
BP, FP, StepUp

because it creates a low attack followed my a mid in insanely quick succession. On or offline, I’ve never seen anyone successfully block it. Do this off of a jump-in for guaranteed damage!

Seriously, try this shit.

My thoughts exactly.
Imo, Sindel looks better than Kitana. :slight_smile:

Sindel combo using 1 Meter:

Jump in punch, b + FK, f + BP, ex scream, jump in punch, b + FK, f + BP, FP, hair whip
(38% damage)

Sindel isn’t really a combo intensive character.
I tend to just use her Kartwheel combos to space myself from opponents so I can go back to the zoning game.

Yea, I guess Sindel will just use basic combos to keep the distance.
Like FK, FP, FP.

I made a video with a few combos that sacrifice a little damage, but are a lot easier to execute.

[media=youtube]9CdGI4k8OlQ[/media]

JP, B+FK, F+BP, dash, FP, yell, backdash, JP, B+FP, BP, dash, D+FP, Flip Kick/X-Ray
(corner) JP, B+FK, F+BP, FP, yell, FK, FP, B+BP, D+FP, Flip Kick/X-Ray

Week 1 stuff, but hopefully helps as a jumping off point, or a set of intermediate combos.

I can’t seem to figure out the timing for B+FK, F+BP, yell, does anyone have any tips? F+BP doesn’t seem to want to cancel into yell, and I even tried dash canceling F+BP and immediately canceling the dash into yell, but that didn’t really improve my success rate.

Also, can anyone figure out any rhyme or reason to how launch strings work? For example, after this:

JP, B+FK, F+BP, dash, FP, yell, backdash, JP, B+FK, F+BP

your opponent will be flattened on the ground, ending your combo, but after this:

JP, B+FK, F+BP, yell, backdash, JP, B+FK, F+BP

your opponent will be launched again. Of course, if you use B+HP, BP instead of a second B+FK, F+BP in the first string, it will also launch again. It doesn’t make much sense.

Don’t do it too fast

Don’t do it too slow

that’s the best advice I can give, it’s really easy.

I was afraid of that…

Doing an air fireball while rising cancels your Levitate, which means extremely fast instant air fireballs until your wrist snaps in half.

[media=youtube]_ghYQscRBW0[/media]

Also in the video, new korner kombo:

JP, FK, FP, B+BP, U+BK, FP, yell, FK, FP, B+BP, D+FP, Flip Kick/X-Ray (44%/56%)