MK9 | This One's For The Fans: Kitana General

Just signed up for this site because I want to get better at MK. Someone explain what the letters mean i.e. nj? Also I was playing around and ended up with a combo that needs something to keep it going for more damage. Didn’t see another like it but if there is sorry:

Forward HP, LP, LK, LK, Uplift, ?

I tried fan throw but nothing seems chainable from there (of course I’m not super great at MK) then tried Dash, Dash, Back LP AirFan to no avail. Any suggestions?

I’m trying to work my way to those really tough combos there, since I never really was that into MK until I got ahold of this one.

“nj” means Neutral jump.

A very newbie friendly combo for starters is as follows:

f+2, 1, NJP (Neutral Jump Punch), 3, ground fan, 2~fan lift, dash, dash, b+2, air fan, 2~cutter.

If you have any problems don’t hesitate to ask, or even better yet, visit testyourmight.com, they will certainly message you back almost instantly. That website is dedicated to MK.

Thanks I’ll try out that combo. Just trying to work up to the bigger ones. Do you have a suggestion for something I could add to the combo I mentioned?

I don’t understand the notations for the combo you are trying to do…HP (r1) is a throw in MK.

Was messing around…

got around to these:

f2,1,3,3,3,uplift, nj, fan toss, fan toss :: 9 Hits 27% Damage (if it can be improved let me know)

also,

f2,1,b2, fan toss, fan toss, dash, pretty kick :: 8 Hits 33% Damage