MK9 | The Skarlet General Discussion Thread!

Thanks for the heads up, I can’t believe I didn’t notice this.

Some dude called General_Schultz refuses to play me anymore. He was mad that he said I only knew one combo, even though I would occasionally start it with the f+2, 1, 2, 1+2 XX Blood Dash XX Up Slash combo string because it hits overhead).

He’s just mad that his Ermac could only win once out of 7 games, then when he angrily picked Sonya because he seemed tired of getting beat, he still got beat and disconnected.
Skarlet just has an insane mixup game. At first I was like “where the hell are her overheads!?” not knowing the Blood Dash could be cancelled into the overhead slash, or that the overhead combo could be extended by cancelling Blood Dash into Up Slash.

These are the combos I use most of the time.

j.1/2, f+2, 1, 2, 1+2 XX Blood Dash XX Up Slash, dash, 2, 3 XX Blood Dash XX Slide
j.1/2, 2, 1, 2, Dagger (hold, 1-hit) XX dash, 2, 3 XX Blood Dash XX Up Slash, dash, 2, 3 XX Blood Dash XX Slide
j.1/2, 2, 1, 2, Dagger (hold, 1-hit) XX dash, 2, 1, 2, Dagger (hold, 1-hit) XX dash, d+2
j.1/2, 2, 1, 2, Dagger (hold, 1-hit) XX dash, 2, 3 XX Blood Dash XX Up Slash, dash, d+2
j.1/2, f+2, 1, 2 XX Up Slash, dash, 2, 3 XX Blood Dash XX Slide
j.1/2, 2, 1, 2, Dagger (hold, 1-hit) XX dash, 2, 1, 2, Dagger (hold, 1-hit) XX dash, 2 XX X-Ray
j.1/2, f+2, 1, 2, 1+2 XX Blood Dash XX Up Slash, dash, 2 XX X-Ray
(against jumping opponents) j. 3/4 XX Teleport
(against jumping opponents) j, 1/2 XX Air Dagger, land, dash, 2, 3 XX Blood Dash XX Slide
(Blood Dash XX Overhead Slash) or Overhead Slash, dash, 2, 1, 2, Dagger (hold, 1-hit) XX dash, 2, 3 XX Blood Dash XX Slide/Up Slash

Also try this for 46% midscreen:
j. 1/2, b+2 XX Overhead Slash, dash, b+2 XX Overhead Slash, dash, 2, 3 XX Blood Dash XX Up Slash, dash, 3 XX Blood Dash XX Slide

Same combo string you posted by hitting the 2,3 before the Up Slash. Does 46%.

F*ck does Skarlet take a ton of execution to use. Forget normal combos, it’s all about combos into resets into instant 50/50’s into combos into resets.

[media=youtube]eK5xl3EUHd0[/media]

Reset 35%
B+FPxxFPxxF+BKxxRed DashxxUp Slash, fd, BPxxFKxxRed DashxxDown Slash, fd, FPxxFPxxBPxxRed Dash

Reset 34%
BPxxFPxxBPxxDagger Toss(Hold)xxDash Cancel, BPxxFKxxRed DashxxDown Slash, fd, FPxxFPxxBPxxRed Dash

Reset 36%
F+FKxxFPxxBPxxRed DashxxDown Slash, fd, BPxxFKxxRed DashxxUp Slash, fd, FPxxFPxxBPxxRed Dash

Red Slide Reset 33%
Red DashxxRed SlidexxUp Slash, fd, BPxxFKxxRed DashxxDown Slash, fd, FPxxFPxxBPxxRed Dash

Down Slash Reset 33%
Red DashxxDown Slash, B+BPxxDown Slash, F+BKxxRed DashxxUp Slash, fd, FPxxFPxxBPxxRed Dash

Low Reset 50/50 Example
F+FKxxFPxxBPxxRed DashxxDown Slash, fd, BPxxFKxxRed DashxxUp Slash, fd, FPxxFPxxBPxxRed DashxxRed SlidexxUp Slash, BPxxDown Slash, BPxxUp Slash, FPxxFPxxBPxxRed Dash

Overhead Reset 50/50 Example
F+FKxxFPxxBPxxRed DashxxDown Slash, fd, BPxxFKxxRed DashxxUp Slash, fd, FPxxFPxxBPxxRed DashxxDown Slash, nj.BP, B+BPxxDown Slash, BPxxFKxxUp Slash, FPxxFPxxBPxxRed Dash

Jump-in 48%
fj.BP, B+BPxxDown Slash, fd, B+BPxxDown Slash, fd, BPxxFKxxRed DashxxUp Slash, fd, BPxxFKxxRed DashxxRed Slide

Float Punish Reset 33%
B+BPxxDown Slash, fd, BPxxFKxxRed DashxxDown Slash, fd, FPxxFPxxBPxxRed Dash

Also I’m quitting the midscreen meterless BnB arms-race at 48%. I wish i was a better player so I could actually use her o_O

So I’m guessing since the Red Slide into slashes is being taken out (bugfix) you’re gonna have a tougher time getting anything out of that low reset.

Oh? They said they were patching out the Up/Down Slash follow ups to Red Slide? If that’s true, that’ll hurt a big part of Skarlet’s game. A lot of the bigger, meatier comboes revolve around that.

Ugh seriously? Lame, she has become 80% less interesting to me now.

Yeah it is a buffering bug that allows it to work and it’s just not supposed to happen so yeah that’s gonna be gone. Unfortunate, but hey, at least you know now so it doesn’t come out of nowhere and you’re like “What the fuck is this? Why’d they nerf her?”.

Wow… well, she’s shit now. No mixups, crap combos. Soon as they patch that out, I’m not bothering.

edit: Oh, I just found out that what they’re removing isn’t Dash into Slashes, but Dash into Slide into Slashes, which I never even used or was aware of. So LOL I’m still playing the crap out of her.

Skarlet is brutal!!!
She really gets her reputation of the blood ninja (see Fatalities).
Also, one of her special moves is throwing blood at the person.

It is so much fun to chip someone to death with it. It does 8% chip damage! Sure it costs 7% of your life but hey.

Lol, way to get down opponent’s life; SIMPLE, sacrifice your own!

hey just wanted to say… doesnt really have much to do with skarlet, but catbond you are effin NASTY! i thought i was good at all mks, but god damn… some of your combos you put together are unbelievable! keep up the good work everyone… you guys put alot of effort in!

Actually I’ve found a way to get a pseudo +8% using the Blood Ball and the 1, 1, 2 reset. For example:

2, 1, 2, Dagger (hold), dash, 2, 1, 2, Dagger (hold), dash, 1, 1, 2 XX Blood Ball, aim down.

This is what happens. The opponent eats the ~33% combo (can’t remember how much exactly), but with the 1, 1, 2 reset and hit stun they will be helpless against the incoming Blood Ball. So they have three choices. Block and take 8% (so the combo actually did 41%), do a move with armor and take the 15% or just take the 15% lol

Locally though, if the Blood Ball is not blocked, it does less damage because they will be hit during the hitstun, and even though it’s not a combo it will scale as a result.

I approve this message!

It’s funny, I’ve resorted to doing that Blood Ball reset cancel most of the time now. Online it won’t hit when staggered so they block the whole 8% or take 15%. It’s pretty nice.

The mentioned combo is 31%. Checked it yesterday. So 31% plus the 6-8% from chip damage is actually a very easy as pie 37-39% combo. Meterless, so to speak. lol

Try these too:

b+2, Down Slash, dash, b+2, Down Slash, Dagger Toss (hold) XX dash, 1, 1, 2 XX Blood Ball, aim down
(corner) b+2, Down Slash, NJP, b+2, Down Slash, b+1, 1, f+2 XX Down Slash, 1, 1, 2 XX Blood Ball, aim down

Also, her tag assist (d,b+Tag) is her Blood Ball, which you can redirect, and costs Skarlet no health whatsoever for the same damage (instead it costs 1 bar like any other tag assist). Example with Sonya/Skarlet in the corner:

(Sonya) b+2, 1 XX Kartwheel XX b+2, 1 XX Skarlet Tag Assist, 2, 1, Leg Toss for 40+%

Won a tournament with Skarlet on Saturday. Fun times. Used the Blood Ball reset once to chip FTW.

anyone know how to do this?
[media=youtube]UvHzAe3IQv0[/media]

Hold the button for the daggers, dash back out of the daggers, cancel the dash animation into more daggers.

In order to get around it, the opponent HAS to either:

1. Have a teleport
  2. Have a low fireball
  3. Have an invincible or armored EX or wakeup move
  4. Have aerial mobility such as dive kicks
  5. Have a fireball with a faster startup

For everyone else, the only thing there is to do is slowly dash in. It’s an uphill battle.

Are people scared to post here about MK or something?