MK9 | The Skarlet General Discussion Thread!

A thread dedicated to all things Skarlet! Let’s pick each others brains and discuss Skarlet related things here!

Special Moves:

:d: :f: FP, Dagger Toss: Skarlet throws two quick projectiles forward. You can delay the second shot by holding FP, and even dash out of it by hitting :f::f: or :b::b: while holding the dagger. EX version throws the daggers faster.

:d: :f: RP, Up Slash: Much like the name says, Skarlet unsheaths one of her ninja blades and slashes upwards, lauching the enemy, much like Nightwolf’s Tomahawk. It’s slightly slower to start up, but it’s still pretty easy to combo into. You can also combo multiple Up Slash’s a lot better than Nightwolf can.

:d: :b: RP, Down Slash: A very slow power slash downwards that ground bounces. May be too early to tell, but I find Up Slash more useful.

:d: :f: FK, Red Dash: A command dash that moves Skarlet forward quickly, like Reptile’s Acid Slide. You can followup with BK during the dash to do a low attack that knocks the opponent down, or hit :b: BP to make her cancel her Red Dash into Down Slash, or :f: BP to cancel into Up Slash.

:f: :d: :b: FP, Blood Ball: Skarlet cuts her stomach and throws a bloody orb at the opponent like a grenade. Does very good damage for a single projectile, around 17%, but it takes Skarlet’s health to do so. Has no EX version. You can use :u: or :d: to alter the Blood Ball’s tradjectory.

Air Daggers, :d: :f: FP/ :d: :b: FP: Skarlet throws her ninja daggers… in the air. The Down-foward flavour fires the dart straight ahead, the down-back one throws a dagger down at Skarlet’s feet. Both EX flavours throw 3 daggers; one straight ahead, one down at a 45 degree angle and one down. EX is pretty good for zoning.

:d: :b: RK, Blood Drop: Skarlet dissapears in a mist of blood and drops down on her opponent’s position, no matter where they are, much like Quan Chi’s Sky Drop. Her drop is slower, however, but you can do it in the air and combo if off jump in kicks or nuetral jump punches. EX does more damage and looks more brutal (also like Quan Chi’s).

X Ray, Blood Bank: Skarlet twirls forward with blades at hand, if she connects she uses her palm to break her opponent’s nose, than takes a step back and uses her high heeled boot to deliver a painful kick that drives the stiletto right into her opponent’s eye socket.

The range on Blood Bank is very good, you can even hit enemies who are behind you thanks to it’s crazy hitbox. Using it after launching with Up Slash is an easy way to land this X Ray.

(More to come)

Reserved, just in case

Reserved

Just beat the game with her. She’s a lot of fun so far. Not sure if she’s go into my hand but it’s nice to have a 2nd/3rd female to play as potentially.

I think she’s really good, honestly. She can do crazy, crazy loops off Up Slash, I’m talkiing at least 30 percent or more if you loop in a corner. I have a sneaking suspicion NRS is gonna either nerf her damage or the properties of Up Slash, that shish is too good.

let teh bnbs begin!

j1 > b+2 > slashdwn > dash > b+2 > slashup > dash > 11 > slide ( 36%)

so far shes an amazing character cant wait to she how she does in tourneys shes can even cancel he slide into another move!

^Yeah I noticed that. How does one do that roll of hers?

(And Skarlet reminds me of Ibuki a bit)

Been messing around with her whilst shes free (lol) and found her to be quite an awesome character, pretty fast. May buy her when NRS fix the free glitch (maybe they should let people try the next ones, since I wasn’t even thinking about buying her before, but after playing her I may)

Her roll is (I dont know how to do the arrows)
Back + 1, Forward + 3

And her second fatality if anyone was wondering is:
Forward, Back, Down, Down, B

I’ve unlocked all of Skarlet’s Fatalities on the Xbox 360 so if anybody cares, I took a screenshot here:

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/6093/img02100201106230129.jpg

A few things you might want to add to the OP, her Red Dash can be cancelled into an Up Slash, Down Slash, or Red Slide (F+BP, B+BP, or BK respectively). Also her Red Slide can be cancelled into an Up Slash by pressing F+BP. The input window to do so is fairly small.

So far the best damage I’ve been able to get out of her off a jump-in is:
44% Mid-screen
fj.BP, B+BPxxDown Slash, fd, B+BPxxDown Slash, fd, BPxxUp Slash, fd, FKxxRed DashxxRed Slide
47% Corner
fj.BP, B+BPxxDown Slash, nj.BP, B+BPxxDown Slash, B+FPxxFPxxF+BKxxUp Slash, fj.BKxxBlood Drop
52% Corner X-Ray
fj.BP, B+BPxxDown Slash, nj.BP, B+BPxxDown Slash, FKxxUp Slash, FKxxBlood Bank(X-Ray)

Instead of just FK XX Red Dash in most situations you can do BP, FK XX Red Dash

BP, FK (2, 3) is an unlisted combo string. Do not know if it has an actual ending to it but it does combo every time. Even when standing, although when not being juggled the hitstun on 3 is not enough to combo into anything. When juggling the 3 will lift them higher.

You’re right

So far the best damage I’ve been able to get out of her off a jump-in is:
45% Mid-screen
fj.BP, B+BPxxDown Slash, fd, B+BPxxDown Slash, fd, BPxxUp Slash, fd, BPxxFKxxRed DashxxRed Slide
49% Corner
fj.BP, B+BPxxDown Slash, nj.BP, B+BPxxDown Slash, BPxxFKxxUp Slash, BPxxFKxxRed DashxxRed Slide
54% Corner X-Ray
fj.BP, B+BPxxDown Slash, nj.BP, B+BPxxDown Slash, BPxxFKxxUp Slash, BPxxFKxxBlood Bank(X-Ray)

Thanks for the heads up, I can’t believe I didn’t notice this.

Some dude called General_Schultz refuses to play me anymore. He was mad that he said I only knew one combo, even though I would occasionally start it with the f+2, 1, 2, 1+2 XX Blood Dash XX Up Slash combo string because it hits overhead).

He’s just mad that his Ermac could only win once out of 7 games, then when he angrily picked Sonya because he seemed tired of getting beat, he still got beat and disconnected.
Skarlet just has an insane mixup game. At first I was like “where the hell are her overheads!?” not knowing the Blood Dash could be cancelled into the overhead slash, or that the overhead combo could be extended by cancelling Blood Dash into Up Slash.

These are the combos I use most of the time.

j.1/2, f+2, 1, 2, 1+2 XX Blood Dash XX Up Slash, dash, 2, 3 XX Blood Dash XX Slide
j.1/2, 2, 1, 2, Dagger (hold, 1-hit) XX dash, 2, 3 XX Blood Dash XX Up Slash, dash, 2, 3 XX Blood Dash XX Slide
j.1/2, 2, 1, 2, Dagger (hold, 1-hit) XX dash, 2, 1, 2, Dagger (hold, 1-hit) XX dash, d+2
j.1/2, 2, 1, 2, Dagger (hold, 1-hit) XX dash, 2, 3 XX Blood Dash XX Up Slash, dash, d+2
j.1/2, f+2, 1, 2 XX Up Slash, dash, 2, 3 XX Blood Dash XX Slide
j.1/2, 2, 1, 2, Dagger (hold, 1-hit) XX dash, 2, 1, 2, Dagger (hold, 1-hit) XX dash, 2 XX X-Ray
j.1/2, f+2, 1, 2, 1+2 XX Blood Dash XX Up Slash, dash, 2 XX X-Ray
(against jumping opponents) j. 3/4 XX Teleport
(against jumping opponents) j, 1/2 XX Air Dagger, land, dash, 2, 3 XX Blood Dash XX Slide
(Blood Dash XX Overhead Slash) or Overhead Slash, dash, 2, 1, 2, Dagger (hold, 1-hit) XX dash, 2, 3 XX Blood Dash XX Slide/Up Slash

Also try this for 46% midscreen:
j. 1/2, b+2 XX Overhead Slash, dash, b+2 XX Overhead Slash, dash, 2, 3 XX Blood Dash XX Up Slash, dash, 3 XX Blood Dash XX Slide

Same combo string you posted by hitting the 2,3 before the Up Slash. Does 46%.

F*ck does Skarlet take a ton of execution to use. Forget normal combos, it’s all about combos into resets into instant 50/50’s into combos into resets.

[media=youtube]eK5xl3EUHd0[/media]

Reset 35%
B+FPxxFPxxF+BKxxRed DashxxUp Slash, fd, BPxxFKxxRed DashxxDown Slash, fd, FPxxFPxxBPxxRed Dash

Reset 34%
BPxxFPxxBPxxDagger Toss(Hold)xxDash Cancel, BPxxFKxxRed DashxxDown Slash, fd, FPxxFPxxBPxxRed Dash

Reset 36%
F+FKxxFPxxBPxxRed DashxxDown Slash, fd, BPxxFKxxRed DashxxUp Slash, fd, FPxxFPxxBPxxRed Dash

Red Slide Reset 33%
Red DashxxRed SlidexxUp Slash, fd, BPxxFKxxRed DashxxDown Slash, fd, FPxxFPxxBPxxRed Dash

Down Slash Reset 33%
Red DashxxDown Slash, B+BPxxDown Slash, F+BKxxRed DashxxUp Slash, fd, FPxxFPxxBPxxRed Dash

Low Reset 50/50 Example
F+FKxxFPxxBPxxRed DashxxDown Slash, fd, BPxxFKxxRed DashxxUp Slash, fd, FPxxFPxxBPxxRed DashxxRed SlidexxUp Slash, BPxxDown Slash, BPxxUp Slash, FPxxFPxxBPxxRed Dash

Overhead Reset 50/50 Example
F+FKxxFPxxBPxxRed DashxxDown Slash, fd, BPxxFKxxRed DashxxUp Slash, fd, FPxxFPxxBPxxRed DashxxDown Slash, nj.BP, B+BPxxDown Slash, BPxxFKxxUp Slash, FPxxFPxxBPxxRed Dash

Jump-in 48%
fj.BP, B+BPxxDown Slash, fd, B+BPxxDown Slash, fd, BPxxFKxxRed DashxxUp Slash, fd, BPxxFKxxRed DashxxRed Slide

Float Punish Reset 33%
B+BPxxDown Slash, fd, BPxxFKxxRed DashxxDown Slash, fd, FPxxFPxxBPxxRed Dash

Also I’m quitting the midscreen meterless BnB arms-race at 48%. I wish i was a better player so I could actually use her o_O

So I’m guessing since the Red Slide into slashes is being taken out (bugfix) you’re gonna have a tougher time getting anything out of that low reset.

Oh? They said they were patching out the Up/Down Slash follow ups to Red Slide? If that’s true, that’ll hurt a big part of Skarlet’s game. A lot of the bigger, meatier comboes revolve around that.

Ugh seriously? Lame, she has become 80% less interesting to me now.

Yeah it is a buffering bug that allows it to work and it’s just not supposed to happen so yeah that’s gonna be gone. Unfortunate, but hey, at least you know now so it doesn’t come out of nowhere and you’re like “What the fuck is this? Why’d they nerf her?”.