MK9 | The Kung Lao Combo Thread

Here is where we talk anything and everything combos. Start posting here and I will update as more info comes to fruition. Also, any other name suggestions?

Reserved

72% start with your back to the corner:

Teleport, 2, Jump Kick, Dive Kick, Spin, Jump Kick, Dive Kick, Jump Kick, Dive Kick, X-Ray, dash, 2,3,1+3.

Notes:
If you can manage to jam 2 enough at the end to get the better damage throw out, it’s probably 74%.

The Spin is thrown in where it is because it knocks the opponent further in the air if done early in the combo.

Some of you masters at JK/Dive kick can probably fit another set in there. Or maybe a few jabs to juggle with.

The dash after the x-ray is fairly tricky if you hit a long combo, they don’t bounce as high.

Anyone have another good midscreen bread and butter not involving Dive Kick -> Dash? At this point after a spin launch I’m using jump kick, dive kick, roll (F + 3). This looks like it will be fun because you can either hit with the roll in the combo, or delay it slightly so it misses and play wake up games…

I like that 72% combo although I hate starting anything with teleport as it is way to slow and is usually punished.

If your opponent is in the corner, you can start it with jump punch for the bound rather than teleport and 2 and it’s still 70% if you hit the extra part after the x-ray.

If you start it with jump kick, dive kick it’s a bit less damage, but still works.

I agree though, it doesn’t look like landing the teleport will be easy. I haven’t gotten to play anyone with Kung Lao yet. Damn PSN.

On a side note, I mentioned a midscreen combo earlier, Spin-> Jump Kick -> Dive Kick -> roll. For anyone who might not know ( I didn’t) You can buffer/cancel the roll into another spin. So:

1,1,2, Spin, Jump Kick, Dive Kick, Roll, Spin

Works for 32%. If you tack an xray on instead of the last spin, it’s 49%. Very easy to do.

You can get even more damage if you start it with a Jump Kick, Dive Kick, 1,2,spin I beleive… That is if you catch them with it… I find that if you come close to them when they’re down in the corner jump back you can usually dive kick them and catch them trying to punish you being so close… I think highest is like 81%…

Is there any use for a teleport after a blocked jump fk or bk? like :d: FK or BK :u: ? maybe FK is possible isnto a reset or juggle? I think I landed FP after FK teleport connected, but thats about it.