MK9 | Sheeva, the Four Armed Beauty (general thread)

What are you guys using to punish blocked teleports/kanoballs/etc? I haven’t had a chance to test anything out so I’ve just been going with 2,1 upgrab for slightly more damage than an uppercut (it’s something like 17%). I wish you could set the CPU to just do certain moves over and over.

Also, and this is a rare matchup, but I’ve literally fought two Nightwolfs who’ve been able to repeatedly shoulder charge Sheeva for free. I literally can’t find one move in her arsenal to deal with it. When she blocks, he’s too far away to punish with 1 or 2. BF3, DF2, F4, sweep, and the DU stomp all get beat by the next charge on startup, even if you do them on wakeup. Jumping gets you away from him as long as you jump on block instead of wakeup, but once you’re back in charge range it starts all over. The hell is she supposed to do in that situation? Reptile’s got his elbow charge, Mileena’s got her roll, Sheeva’s got… run away and hope he forgets the move locks her down absolutely?

Nightwolf’s shoulder charge only hits high, and it completely whiffs if you are ducking without block, leaving you at massive advantage to unload on him.

yea I was gonna mention that although I haven’t specifically tested if Sheeva can in fact duck it because she is so tall. I know other characters can though. She can duck it for sure?

EDIT:

Also you guys should be checking this thread as well:

http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?3866-Sheeva-Info

Lots if info being posted.

Yes, if she wouldn’t be able to I would cry.

There’s a small amount of time after they’re ‘rolling’ that they land on the ground, giving you more than enough time to do a B2, 1+2, BF3/DF2. I’m wondering if there’s enough time to do a jump in though, granted the connection is fine.

I just testing it out training.

I picked nightwolf and had the dummy sheeva duck without blocking as i shoulder rammed.

It whiffed every time.

Nice. That double 1, 2, B1 in the corner gives me some ideas. Like a quad toss idea.

And of course Sheeva players can’t have nice things and it seems impossible to connect. Oh well, at least with a 2, 1 , F1 BF3 at the end looks cool.

I know your pain brother, tried that too. If she could connect quad toss in the corner, then she would probably be able to connect it mid-screen too after a 1, 2, B1. That would be sweeeet, also it would give some much needed carry ability.

Bronze lol I use sheeva too

my bnb right now is jp,1,2, b+1, AA(d,b,1) 24% ?

lol thats all I gots right noww lol

I got it. You’ll love this. You CAN do b+2,1+2 > Grab N Punch consistently. You have to be facing the opposite direction of the screen as your opponent. Yeah, shocking; a use for Switch Stance. I believe the only character that this doesn’t apply to is another Sheeva. If you’re behind the opponent though, meaning you’re both facing left or both facing right, you have to both have the same stance direction for the combo to connect. Also, it won’t work at all at its farthest ranges.

can the opponent do anything do the 2,1,2 Groundpound/X-ray string?

If 2, 1, 2, is blocked then they can jump.

ok. thought so.

Sheeva pretty darn cool. I am not sure I will main her but I definitely play her from time to time.

Dat unblockable stomp is lulz man.

Hey guys, we posted a Sheeva combo video awhile back. Thought you might to take a look…

Sheeva Combos:
http://www.critical-bits.com/2011/04/creating-combos-sheeva-mortal-kombat-9.html

Just posting that you may want to recheck your damages on your combos; Sheeva got buffed :slight_smile:

Example, a simple j.1, b+2, 1+2 into b,f+3 is 37%! Start the combo with the low grab (d,b+3) instead of j.1 and the damage is 47%!

No, seriously. Recheck all your combos.

[/quote]

Excuse my ignorance but what does the “xx” refer to in the combo descriptions? Does that mean press 2 twice? Thanks.

It means to do a special/X-Ray cancel.

Ok, can someone translate this combo for me? d,b+3, 1 xx b,f+3

Sorry I’m new to this stuff.

So with all her new buffs what does everyone think?