MK9 | Sheeva, the Four Armed Beauty (general thread)

I’ve played a couple of mathches with her and she feels awesomly bad :rofl: Most definitely the slowest character of the whole cast; bad specials; damage is nothing spectacular compared with the risks of, well, playing with her.

But she has unblockable stomp, (slow) command grabs and unblockable X-ray, so she can at least do some sweet set-ups. The one that I’ve done a couple of times was teleport stomp after you hit jumping opponent with your fireball (opponent must be in air when hit). It looked untechable.

Your thoughts on Netherrealm’s take on Zangief? :razzy:

the four armed beauty? … really tho?

I’ve yet to play online or any people offline yet so alot of this is not 100% tested. With that being said here are a few things that I’ve noticed:

1. b,f+3 grab gives her +frames on block. Don’t know how many but she recovers super quick. The only drawback to this is that is can be ducked.

2. b+2, 1+2 is a low string with huuuuuuggeeee range. After the 1+2 hits you can buffer her b,f+3 command grab and it will combo for 31%. However it’s very inconsistent outside of the corner. At mid screen it’s better to use her d,f+2 fireball instead since it is much more consistent but less damage (26%). I’m not too sure how safe this string is on block though. Really it’s not even a string on block. The 1+2 will not come out if the b+2 is blocked.

3. She can control her where she lands with her teleport stomp. After doing d,u you can hold forward or backward on the stick and adjust where she lands. Holding forward is used for catching anyone who jumps back, and holding backward is used for jump forward.

4. Her X-Ray is a full screen unblockable but the opponent can jump to avoid it. IMHO it’s best used as a projectile (or whiffed move) punisher.

5. Since her b,f+3 command grab is +frames on block, look at incorporating it into your block strings like 2,1,2 xx b,f+3. This will allow you to keep offensive pressure and push the opponent to the corner. If the opponent starts ducking the command grab then buffer her low grab instead. Her low grab gives easy 30% combos. After a low grab she can do 1 xx b,f+3 for 30%, or she can do dash 2,1 xx b,f+3 for 32%

6. f+4 seems safe on block and is a great long range anti air. It pushes the opponent back reaaaalllyyy far on hit.

7. f+3 is another low that allows her to combo her specials afterward. It has about the same range as her sweep. f+3 xx b,f+3 combos for 21% IIRC. f+3 xx d,f+2 is 15%. I think that it may turn out to be a really important string for her but it’s going to depend on how safe she is after f+3 xx d,f+2 on block. I’m pretty sure that she’s safe but I’m not 100% and have yet to test with someone. However an aware opponent can avoid the fireball completely by releasing block while crouching. Yea it sucks but that opens up her crouch grab game instead so it’s not a bad loss.

Right now she seems to get some of her best damage from her crouch grab, so I think that she’ll need to find ways of making the opponent duck. Hopefully her b,f+3 grab + followups will put so much block pressure on people that they will start ducking to avoid/punish it–especially during block strings. I also hope that her f+3 stuff will give them incentive to start blocking low as well.

Combos I’ve been using:

Strings that can be started with an optional jump punch:
1,2,b+1, dash 2,1 xx b,f+3 26%
2,1,2,f+1 xx b,f+3 28%

Low attacks:
b+2, 1+2 xx d,f+2 26%
b+2, 1+2 xx b,f+3 31% (but really inconsistent unless used in corner)
f+3 xx b,f+3 21%
f+3 xx d,f+2 15%

Crouch Grab:
d,b+3, 1 xx b,f+3 30%
d,b+3, dash 2,1 xx b,f+3 32%

great post Bronzefist, will try that stuff ASAP!!!1

any tips how to get out of pressure strings? All of her normals feel SO SLOW… Universal d+LP maybe?

Sorry man it’s just general stuff until I get to play other people. I think d+1 may be good though. It’ll be my first choice for sure. I used to play A LOT of Tekken so it’ll be natural :rofl: d+1,d+4 all day son.

I’m not too great at most fighting games, but I’m doing pretty good with Sheeva online =)

Also, you forgot her awesome -> BK

My findings so far:

Grab n Punch gives MASSIVE advantage on block, every string that begins with 2 is impossible to punish or even interrupt after a blocked command throw. Basically, 2, BF3 may be a block infinite if the opponent does not crouch after the blocked command throw. 2 usually hits crouching opponents but the hitbox is kinda funky, so it might not hit sweeping opponents. Sheevas 2 after a blocked command throw even beats out Sub-Zeros xray.

A 2,1,2 string that is blocked low CANNOT escape from a low command grab. 2,1,2 DF3 is a guaranteed grab on opponents low block. Similarly, a blocked 2,1,2, F1 string on opponents block is a guaranteed command grab that the opponent cannot duck or jump due to blockstun, even if he lets go of block. Same goes with the B2 move, on hit or block it´s a guaranteed command throw. It can be ducked however so you can´t set up inescapable low grabs. B1, 2, 1+2 leads to both throws guaranteed on block. All hits seem to be special mid, so you can set up inescapable low throws with it if I remember correctly.

F3 does not have enough blockstun to guarantee a throw, but there are options to beat out the opponents every move since it is special cancellable.

Edit: B1, 2, 1+2 is a guaranteed X-ray, even on block.

Ive found thats its worth it to ALWAYS use The EX BF+HP. great damage and you can control whether she throws them forward or behind her, she also gets more time to set up your next move.

the Step kick F+HK, isnt safe at all.

she really is gonna be all about landing that Low throw dor huge damage.

She makes my pants do weird things. lol :wink:

OMG so much good info guys!!!1 So if I understand correctly, her setups and frame traps make her the ultimate tournament pick lol :slight_smile:

I can’t test it myself (MK9’s awsomeness broke my stick and I cant play on XboX failpad) so I must ask:

Cant be interrupted, cant be crouched - only sweep occasionally works after blocked command grab? So we have a blocking infinite - 1 day after the release?

Insane stuff!!!

Nah, it´s not a true blocking infinite, since on crouch after the blocked command grab the 2 in 2,1,2 MIGHT whiff. It depends on the character I think. If the opponent keeps blocking STANDING after a blocked command grab in the corner, it is a block infinite, sure. But as I said, you can duck after the blocked command grab, even though it might take a while since you are in so much blockstun.

It is very important that when crouching, you DO NOT block the first hit, since that will lock you in the 2,1,2 string which leads to a guaranteed low throw. Problem is, the Low Throw takes the opponent out of the corner, so you need to get them back in afterwards. This is easily solved in Tag with characters like Kabal, he can nomad dash after the command low, switch back to Sheeva after the dash and then do B2, 1+2, fireball which puts them back in the corner for some decent damage and continued command grab shenanigans. At least I think it will.

This does not work mid-screen, since the pushback is pretty big. You still have massive advantage though.

Edit: I found a loop with Kano/Sheeva which I first thought was a kill combo. I was mistaken, but it still does about 80% damage.

Sheeva/Kano with Sheeva on point, full bar required.
Quad Toss -> Kano Knife Toss -> Dash -> Quad Toss -> Kano Knife Toss -> Dash -> Quad Toss -> Fireball
Does about 80% damage, CANNOT BE PERFORMED IN THE CORNER, Kanos knives will whiff in the corner.

What are you guys using to punish blocked teleports/kanoballs/etc? I haven’t had a chance to test anything out so I’ve just been going with 2,1 upgrab for slightly more damage than an uppercut (it’s something like 17%). I wish you could set the CPU to just do certain moves over and over.

Also, and this is a rare matchup, but I’ve literally fought two Nightwolfs who’ve been able to repeatedly shoulder charge Sheeva for free. I literally can’t find one move in her arsenal to deal with it. When she blocks, he’s too far away to punish with 1 or 2. BF3, DF2, F4, sweep, and the DU stomp all get beat by the next charge on startup, even if you do them on wakeup. Jumping gets you away from him as long as you jump on block instead of wakeup, but once you’re back in charge range it starts all over. The hell is she supposed to do in that situation? Reptile’s got his elbow charge, Mileena’s got her roll, Sheeva’s got… run away and hope he forgets the move locks her down absolutely?

Nightwolf’s shoulder charge only hits high, and it completely whiffs if you are ducking without block, leaving you at massive advantage to unload on him.

yea I was gonna mention that although I haven’t specifically tested if Sheeva can in fact duck it because she is so tall. I know other characters can though. She can duck it for sure?

EDIT:

Also you guys should be checking this thread as well:

http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?3866-Sheeva-Info

Lots if info being posted.

Yes, if she wouldn’t be able to I would cry.

There’s a small amount of time after they’re ‘rolling’ that they land on the ground, giving you more than enough time to do a B2, 1+2, BF3/DF2. I’m wondering if there’s enough time to do a jump in though, granted the connection is fine.

I just testing it out training.

I picked nightwolf and had the dummy sheeva duck without blocking as i shoulder rammed.

It whiffed every time.

Nice. That double 1, 2, B1 in the corner gives me some ideas. Like a quad toss idea.

And of course Sheeva players can’t have nice things and it seems impossible to connect. Oh well, at least with a 2, 1 , F1 BF3 at the end looks cool.

I know your pain brother, tried that too. If she could connect quad toss in the corner, then she would probably be able to connect it mid-screen too after a 1, 2, B1. That would be sweeeet, also it would give some much needed carry ability.

Bronze lol I use sheeva too

my bnb right now is jp,1,2, b+1, AA(d,b,1) 24% ?

lol thats all I gots right noww lol

I got it. You’ll love this. You CAN do b+2,1+2 > Grab N Punch consistently. You have to be facing the opposite direction of the screen as your opponent. Yeah, shocking; a use for Switch Stance. I believe the only character that this doesn’t apply to is another Sheeva. If you’re behind the opponent though, meaning you’re both facing left or both facing right, you have to both have the same stance direction for the combo to connect. Also, it won’t work at all at its farthest ranges.