MK9 | Rawr Means "I love you" - Reptile Thread

You can actually hold up right after you input the elbow dash and he’ll jump after the last frame. Just try punching right as he leaves the ground and it should help with the timing.

^he knows thy reptilian secrets.

everytime i play reptile, people rage quit. is it cuz im spamming back forward 2 and got 60 wins 6 losses on ranking match? or wut

Also, to help with getting the NJP, you can piano the punch buttons.

Not sure if these have been posted but after training for a while I got these combos.

Corner 52% (i think) uses 2 meters

jump in 1, land 3, 2, 1 xx green hand, 3, 2, 1 xx ex green hand 3, 2, 1 xx ex acid. I have another variation with force ball included and it uses 1 less bar. I was doing it last night and don’t fully remember, so next time I play I’ll come and post it. Theres actually a few variations and you can get around 42% or more without meter.

Also this one is mid screen and does about 42% i believe and 1 bar. You only lose about 3% if you don’t use ex.

jump in 1,land 1,2,2 xx force ball, 3,2 xx force ball, 3,2,1 xx ex slide

This one does more damage but the timing is tighter, mid screen and uses 1 bar depending on if you use ex at the end.

jump in 2,land 3,2,1 xx running elbow, 3,2 xx force ball, force ball,3,2,1 xx ex slide.

Sorry for the inaccurate percentages, I was doing these last night and night before last. I’ll edit post when I play again.

I wasn’t aware that his invisibility made him projectile immune(!) until I came to this thread. I’ve had a hard time as Reptile against Kitana Fan Spammers. That would help immensely.

I just wanted to post this simple little combo since it’s not listed. It’s nothing earth shattering, but it works mid screen.

1221 F+2, slide. (18%)

Again, nothing spectacular, but I haven’t seen a combo listed that uses f+2 to juggle in the middle of it. Especially one that works mid screen.

edit: nonsensical advice confirmed

Are you sure negative edge affects this combo? Maybe your doing half circle for the elbow dash? You should never get an unintentional spit in this combo and you can input it as fast as you want.

After I do the 321 and whiffed elbow dash, my opponent falls to the floor. How am I supposed to nj. p?

Better yet, can anyone show me this combo in a video?

^hold up fam after dash.
YouTube - CHECK4900’s Channel

Another thing that really helps me is the tempo of the 4 hits. 321 and the nj. p all connect in a pretty even timing.

1.) Wow thats a fast combo… I think I’m doing something wrong… When I do the Elbow Dash it’s way too late. Should I input the back-forward earlier than after pressing 1 in 3,2,1?

2.) Sorry for this one, but what does fam mean, Flashy Nights?

3.) Also, I’m having trouble with this combo… ‘1,2,2 > Slow Forceball > 3,2,1 > Acid Stream’. When I first started trying it I could land it but all of a sudden I can’t connect the Acid Stream. I put the input in at the end of the combo, but nothing comes out. If I wait a little bit, the Acid Stream goes above their body. Any tips?

4.) Can I combo off of this? ‘Slow Forceball > Fast Forceball > 1,2,2,1’

I have been trying to end it with Slide but I’m not sure if I’m too slow or if it’s just not possible (though I’m leaning towards the latter)

Whoa, you’re absolutely right. I guess I was just countering my own sloppiness, lol. This is why I never give advice.

Yes.

Urban Dictionary: fam

Sorry bloke (British Word for a dude/guy) my B&B’s are reptiles standard 33%, 45%, and 39% I haven’t messed with any other combos besides those.

Mind changing the original post a lil to add some combos you left out? Like
321-ElbowDash-nj1/2-32-FastForceball-SlowForceball-321-Slide
in the Advanced, and Maybe some corner combos involving F2-B1 like
[media=youtube]O0H1k6rXvyc&feature=channel_video_title"[/media] or
[media=youtube]7LX6a_u5dvw"[/media] (50-54%meterless WHAT?!?!?)
Also, mind putting a few combo vids in the post also, just to help future readers?

PS- I’d also add this vid just to express how awesome Reptile is:
[media=youtube]wk7frX5a4Yw[/media]

what do you guys consider his actual bnb?
the 321 whiff dash or 122forceball?
i personally think that the dash combo is worth the damage bu i suck so bad at that combo
its rarer then looking for a shadow on la luna,spilling blood,and gaining 10,000,000 points
i dont remember the exact damage for the 122 forceball, but its around 35%-ish, which is decent, considering the awsome
zone game the lizard has.

Hmmm, well, if you’re looking at it at a more strategic point, i guess that 122-FastForceball-nj1/2-32-SlowForceball-321-Slide is probably more practical due to starting with an over head, and that still nets 39%. Although the dash combo can hit 50% with just one meter. It will probably depend on who you’re playing. If you’re playing someone better, you might have to use the overhead combo.

Wait, so is that…

‘1,2,2 > Fast Forceball > neutral jump 1 > 2,3,2 > Slow Forceball > 3,2,1 > Slide’ ?

is that the correct inputs? any tips on landing it?

I was messing around in tag mode today and I noticed something about reptiles assist and was wondering if anyone could confirm its the same for 1v1.

Reptile’s assist is his big force ball.
My opponent jumped over it and I dashed infront of it, intending to use it as a retreating shield.
But they could happily move through it without being hit.

Any one else seen behavior like this? I dont know if this is a projectile property in general or Reptile only.

Yeah…EX Forceball has a weird hitbox, if they jump it, and i hit them back into it, sometimes it will or won’t hit. And sometimes if i dash past them, and try knocking them back into it, it doesn’t hit occasionally. Just a lil funky at times.