MK1 | Ermac nonsense

Remembers me of the so-called “blood code” for MK1 for the SNES (Also an april fools joke)

No it was true… kind of. It was a game genie code that changed the grey “spit” or “sweat” or whatever to red.

No it was a code where u needed to lay a cion on top of the cartridge (To fool the weight) and then enter some impossible code on controller 2 in 1p arcade mode (Which involdved start button so 2p would always enter the game…)

big time hoax…

Remember the Simon Belmont Ninja Turtles for NES Code?? Input the Konami code and it would work…BS…

The sheng long in sf2 definitely looked fake…

but their sheng long in sf3 definitely looked pretty real. I believed that shit and I thuoght it was awesome. Said his uppercut super did half life, was unblockable, and filled the stun bar. How badass is that.

haha that would have been cool.

Except, EGM never put a copyright on Sheng Long (And Ermac if it’s also their doing)? Unless I’m wrong.

Besides, spoofs/parodies/derivatives of an “original” can be protected under copyright law, anyway, and as a result they themselves become “original”. This is why you still have Dan of SF. And why something like Akuma is officially Capcom’s, even though it’s loosely based on someone else’s idea.

And if I’m not mistaken, this is why Capcom was unsuccessful in suing Data East, for Fighter’s History.

Yes very true Ukyo…and yes it wouldve been awesome if Simon Belmont was “whipping ass” in the Ninja Turtles game…lol

Yes Ermac was an April Fools joke…still has people asking what is 'Error Macro" lol

In Smash TV Error Macro was a debug script for sprite overload, and would bring you to a “hidden bonus level”. This was necessary as the game had enormous sprite counts and constant crashes.

In MK1, Error Macro means nothing, the same as Shawn Attacks, Kano Transformations, and Johnny Cage Transformations. All were thrown into Audits as jokes, it is possible that originally they were going use some kind of Error Macro system but never needed it, and that’s why ERMACS is there and was eventually removed. They played upon this hype and threw things in the audits to mess with fans and create rumors, to drop more coins.

About Sheng Long, I have an EGM from 92 or so that has a year in awards for games, and the April Fool’s joke was listed in as best character who wasn’t in a game or something like that, if I can find it I’ll scan it. Ermac was not an April Fool’s joke, it was a span across a couple issues, complete with a fake story on how to access him, and that he appears with sayings like Reptile. It couldn’t be more fake, but at the time, the game was still fresh. It sickens my heart to still hear people talk about it as if it were real, and when they say “Oh yeah an error macro is a pallet glitch.” These people have no idea what is going on and talk out their asses.

No Ermac in MK1, no Red Scorpion. It’s even stated when you beat MKII in scrambled text “ERMAC DOES NOT EXIST”. Ed Boon once jokingly said in an interview in response to the question “Are there any more secrets left in the 2D MKs?” “Just about everything’s been found, but I know no one’s found Ermac in MK1 yet!”

Hahaha Good stuff…amazing how one thing a programmer does can really play with people.

Sheng Long and Ermac are the same person.

I found the Award for Sheng Long, you can see Ryu about to fight Bison, and Sheng Long throws him off screen, then is doing a DP. :looney: If you try hard enough you might be able to read the text, as it’s a shrunken down snap shot of the full page from the original story in a little icon window.

And while I’m at it, so everyone can see the fakeness of Ermac: :arazz:

http://www.darktemplarz.com/mk1/ermac

You can see all the clippings from the EGM there.

OMG Does ANYONE know where I can get the Original mp3 soundtrack for MK1?
I’ve probrably been looking forever everywhere and had no luck. I have 2, 3 and Ultimate but no 1.
Help!

I can get them to you, IM me sometime: TakerECW

Ok cool Ewashock!

There was this other thing in EGM once I think was an April Fool that you unlocked some kind of Black Kickboxer guy. they showed a pic of him doing like a backwards kick knocking a guy’s head off and showed him doing test your might. Anyone remember this?

The only time I remember Ermac in EGM is some reader sent in a blurry pic of a red Scorpion with the caption “Ermac Wins” next to a fallen opponent and such. I only remember the explanation that it was a rare glitch. I don’t remember all the rest of the stuff about how to get him and all.

Anyone else remember the MK II rumor of Lui Kang’s glitched fatality which has two dragons chomping the opponent. Anyone remember that?

Nimbus Terrafaux. Midway, drawing heat for having no black characters, claimed he was in there, but hidden, and challenged players everywhere to find him. Needless to say, fake arcade mouth-to-mouth lore that helped increase playing of MK, hohoho.

If there were fake pics, though, I’d like to see them.

what about the red shadow kick johnny cage had in mk 2 for genesis? that was a glitch and the red scorpion could’ve been a glitch on the console mk 1 versions.

Sheng Long vs Ermac?

Oh yeah Ermac was lie you had to not get touched, get to Goros lair and he’d jump out or something retarded. Kind of the same with Sheng Long. They later made Ermac into the games which is funny.

I did it I unlocked ErMac