Mika Matchup: Cammy

Challenge: Cammy has solid pokes, mixup, and a meterless reversal. You can’t play the same tricks against this girl without getting punished, so an open offense is risky. For this match you have to use caution with your pressure to not just keep up the mix up, but also bait out her punishable moves.

Focus: While she can win poke wars, and is positive on most of her normals, you can win out with superior skill play on the footsies by shimmying around her max ranges and punishing. f.mk and f.mp are good wiff punishes, and s.hk without charge will win against low normals.

Strike: Punish punish punish. This is where you really win against Cammy.

Hooligan into cross up cannon strike - s.lp or s.mp to slap Cammy out of the air.
Axel Spin Knuckle - This is plus on block! You have to punish in it’s start up, which is very vulnerable. This is a free passion press on reaction.
Spiral Arrow - This is tricky because it depends on how it was blocked. If you block it before the very end then you can easily target combo punish.
During V-Trigger Mode - Spiral Arrows are punishable with Passion Press at medium range, and EX Shooting Peach at far range.

While Cammy has meterless invulnerable reversal with cannon spike, you can get a free charged s.hk crush counter on it at any range / strength. Don’t let this punish go by.

One last note - Cammy cannot chip you out with raw CA if you have meter. You can punish CA with EX Wingless Airplane on reaction to the animation flash.

Played several sets in Battle Lounge against multiple Gold and Ultra Silver Cammys a few days ago. I won most of the matches but I feel like this might be one of Mika’s toughest matchups, next to the likes of Chun-Li and Ryu.

I feel like she can easily dictate the pace of the match. She can play lame and zone with st.MK and cr.MK and once she gets an opening, it’s frame trap and divekick city. Mika’s defense needs to impenetrable in order to even stand a chance.

Fortunately, Cammy’s gimmicky stuff like Hooligan into crossup Cannon Spike and Axel Spin Knuckle (V-Skill) are easy enough to counter. Against Hooligan, I use st.LP or st.MP to slap Cammy out of the air. Axel Spin Knuckle is a free Passion Press.

One last note - Cammy cannot chip you out with raw CA if you have meter. You can punish CA with EX Wingless Airplane on reaction to the animation flash.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Cammy’s Spiral Arrows in V-Trigger mode are all punishable with Passion Press at medium range and EX Shooting Peach at far range.

https://twitter.com/Louffy086/status/824767911462051840