Miami Thread - We were [ ] close to getting AE but then I woke up =(

that’s awesome!

hey I also heard that one of the best marvel players in florida plays there.

do you know him?

Ya that was me, I didn’t know you played Marvel.

Anyways, I heard that if you didn’t preorder a kit, it’s pretty damn hard to get one right now. Even though if anything talking him or Jerry would be your best bet, just kinda far fethced at the moment.

Just letting you guys know, to get a full kit for SF4AE is going to be around $15K with shipping and if you guys want super nice HI-Def screens and cabinets built, it’s another $5K…if you use existing cabinets with 4:3 you need at least a hi-res monitor because these have to be linked no matter what…it’s a heck of a lot of money for a game that is only going to be viable for about 6 months…

for $13.5K you don’t even get Taito Type X2 PCBs let alone JVS or Capcom/Naomi converters, LOL

we realize that and because of that we realize that it wasn’t really an option for FR to get it but they want to blame us and pretend that we were gonna get it until we stopped supporting them which is bullshit because we did support them for like 2 years now even with false promises that never came and wilmers shitty ass there but either way if they would of gotten it we definitely would of been there even more…I mean seriously no matter what anyone thinks about FR an AE cabinet at FR would make them shut the hell up and go because simply theres no choice

ok ready

sonic boom

did they jump? fierce that shit

u on ur way to bein mad pro now

I just had a pretty long conversation with Angel on one of the topics that we’ve been discussing for a while now in this thread, and he wanted me to post something in reply.

This is completely true. Unfortunately it was never within Final Round’s budget to be able to obtain the cabinet. This isn’t the fault of people not coming out to support the scene or anything. Whether the people here were supporting it or not was never factored into the reason of whether the machine would be purchased or not, because the arcade is well aware that if the game was there, the people in the scene would come play it.

In fact, the arcade was never worried about the scene spending money on the game. They always figured that was a given. The problem is… who else?

There’s no way the machine would’ve been able to pay for itself, even if the current scene went through every single bit of effort to come out and play as much as humanly possible. The money isn’t there. That’s not your fault, regardless of what any previous posts said about it, and it’s unfair and downright idiotic for anyone to say that because it’s insulting and stupid. And I’m not blameless here.

So essentially, what happened? Where did all of this come from?

Two stupid posts.

Let’s observe…

A little bit of column A,

This was never true. It didn’t matter whether people “supported the scene” or not, because the scene was never the question. The scene was going to come play AE if it was obtained. That’s it. No one ever doubted that.

But the scene doesn’t provide the majority of the money. As an example, despite all the money I’ve personally put into Initial D (and let me tell you, I’ve put a lot of money into playing that game), I can’t compete if you combine all the randoms that sit down and play it. I can’t! Because the randoms see this arcade game, and it’s right near the entrance, it’s loud and it’s pretty and tons of people will play it just to play it.

AE would’ve needed that, and more. It would’ve literally needed people on the machine all day every day as long as the store was open to recoup the investment in it. That was simply unfeasible. Supporting the scene or not, that’s what would’ve been necessary. It was either that, or to win the lottery and buy it at a loss – because then, who cares about the expense?

And none of that is your fault. Not mine, not Alex’s, not Peter’s, not Mario’s, not littlesushi’s, and not xx 5t3p uR g4m3 Up xx’s. Because everyone knows we would’ve spent the money. But the traffic for the arcade is otherwise not there.

And then a little bit of column B,

This is incomplete. I was mad that no one was showing up, and I made this post. I married two things here, the fact that the machine was not business viable to my irritation that people weren’t coming as much anymore. So I got pissed and made this.

I’ll take the blame here – I was being an idiot. Feel free to give me PAO PAO later for being an idiot. I can take it (hopefully). Angel set me straight yesterday in a talk where we were discussing doing the $3 Tuesday/Thursday SSFIV offer.

What actually happened was this: Angel was close to buying it, and a couple of people were willing to invest in it. But when they sat down with these people and started to run the numbers, every single time they did it and with a lot of options on how they would try to get people through the door to play… they just couldn’t reasonably figure out how they were going to get a return on their investment. In other words, everything I’ve been saying earlier.

Buying Arcade Edition never made business sense for Final Round Arcade. It was never about what you all did. You have been coming out to play in the arcade’s tournaments, you have been coming out to play on Tuesdays and Thursdays before and everything was usually gravy. I personally have done a lot of things to try and get the scene here popping, such as investing money and fielding computer equipment out of my pocket to get the arcade’s stream set up and running (I actually just picked up a few more HDMI cables because we’re running out of good ones). I researched the internet providers available and am the first point of contact for their technicians if they need anything, and I am the first person to call when there’s a problem (like our last two weeks of outages that I pretty much had to go on the warpath to resolve). And yeah, I’m not paid for any of it, and I would do it whether I had a job or not at the arcade or anywhere else because I want the scene here to flourish and I want everyone to get better. So I’m doing it for you guys.

Because, most important of all, I want people to have fun. I remember the days when we used to hang out until the wee hours of the morning over at Mango’s when Mauricio would have us over, and then just playing a ton of 3S, CvS2 and MvC2. I remember playing Super Turbo with Mavrick those days, I remember having Ben and Jeff and a ton of people over from FTL who would make the trip to game. I remember the late night Denny’s runs. The most drama we ever, ever had was Peter throwing my 3rd Strike away because that shit was scratched up, and I got Cakes Mad?. And that shit is hysterical to me now.

Yesterday, Angel decided pretty spur of the moment that he was going to make the $3 SSFIV Tuesdays and Thursdays. I think it’s a sign of good faith. He knows about all this forum drama that’s happened over the stupid posts I quoted earlier (not yours, Peter). And he still wants people to come back and play. Wilmer is gone, never to return. Carlos gets taught every day how to fix things and is super helpful, and if he doesn’t know and Nelson or Angel aren’t available, I help him out. The sticks on the SSFIV set up are good (I’m going to probably superglue the balltops on, though, because me cago en la madre those things loosen up when the mashers get on). And I’m going to start bringing my XBOX 360 so that we can have an extra SSFIV set up, and also so that people who want to play any other games (MvC2 HD, SSF2T HD, KOF 98, Pacman CE DX) can do it. Also, Nelson and Angel gave me the reins for Season 2 of the ranbats and I’m going to make the process of bracketing and everything as transparent as possible. So I’ll announce something soon so that we can get everyone in tournament shape again as quickly as possible.

I know someone’s going to go (I’m looking at a certain ShinGouki 00), “wow Cakes they haven’t even hired you” and well – whatever. If my sole concern in life was to make money, I wouldn’t hang out with any of you and play Street Fighter all the time. Hopefully this Spring I’ll have work (so far it looks bleak).

I’ll try to answer everyone’s concerns and I’ll ask Angel or Nelson what they think about anything from now on if you need me to. Angel wanted me to post this because he felt it was unfair for you all and also to them that there was this assumption that you were responsible for AE not coming to the arcade. It was simply not true.

AND ONE MORE THING,

We’re calling you out on this. Feel free to come by tomorrow on Thursday or next Tuesday (you can pick when), and we’ll set up the live stream and throw a little event. Since you think the competition at the arcade isn’t up to snuff, we’d like to show you just how up to snuff it actually is. If you need my number to make sure everything is set up properly, PM me and we can make something happen. And if you guys want to set up money matches, we can do that too.

No more shit talking. Just actions.

Ya I mean, we charge 75 cents a play and as slow as the game ends up being because it is linked 6 hours of nonstop (and I mean non stop) play is $90…It’s hard to say if a game will be played all the time non stop for that long, good guess is that Final Round would have $750 a week on SSF4AE if it was played non stop in the beginning but closer to release, 5 months down the line, you are looking at $15,000 breaking even at 5 months IF the game was played 6 hours a day non stop every day…

Most money is made from the other machines while people are waiting for other games (casuals from other fighters) like we have.

We realize the game is never going to make the money back at our place. By the time the game comes out for console we’ll have to lower it to 25 cents or 50 cents unfortunately…

cakes is the miami obama lmao

HE BROUGHT YOU CHANGE NIGGA

just in case: [media=youtube]zQ-hPNrKdZI[/media]

roflmao

I’m not talking shit. Just speaking my mind. Lol. I’ll see if I can stop by tomorrow. I won’t have next Tuesday off work.

I love how niggas get mad when I speak my mind.

I never said all of Miami was free. I just said I felt the arcade wasn’t up to snuff.

PM me nothingxs.

I’m not talking shit. Just speaking my mind. Lol. I’ll see if I can stop by tomorrow. I won’t have next Tuesday off work.

I love how niggas get mad when I speak my mind.

I never said all of Miami was free. I just said I felt the arcade wasn’t up to snuff.

PM me nothingxs.

free is an exaggerated and broad term

please define “not up to snuff”

One would assume that it simply meant that you went and didn’t think people would be as good as they are. However none of the players considered “good” have neither played you nor remember who you even are.

That being said, when you bust in the thread out of nowhere basically saying how we’re, “not up to snuff” and then parade around your peeps (I tried really hard to not say posse…oh wait); then you’re gonna get shit from people, even if it was all in good fun.

It took me 6 minutes to try to not make that one long ass sentence lol

I’m the best mayne.

I deed it.

Also I have no idea who Tooserius is but somehow he knows my name. Haelp.

We’re saying it is.

First off homie, not parading anybody.

I was simply giving a view of the characters we use. I love when niggas misconstrue shit.

Reading comprehension is key.

O wow. Blown out of proportion.

All good. I want the challenge. Only way to excel.

Set this up and post. I want to bring my Tandem mind fucking as well. :smiley:

Cakes, good shit with everything at FR man… I am definitely going to start coming out more now that it’s a little more moderate for my pocket change ^.^’ Can’t tomorrow I don’t think, I’m in the process of shooting a student film =/ But I’ll be there to bring some entertainment and have a couple laughs with the Miami people.

Lets be real guys, Miami is SUPER free:lol:

I just read your post and though…

asshemroid

no homo?

KOF!KOF!

I tried to make it yesterday but my flight was delayed 5 hours. was suppose to get here by 8 pm. got here at 2 am.

LOL at those stuck at the shitty ft.lauderdale airport though. THAT PLACE SUCKS ASS.

what happened to the other setup that was there anyways? where the stream is now.

Last time i was there i was hoping to game on that one and then realized it wasn’t there and couldn’t get any kof in :frowning:

Also. Selling a brand new ps3 TE(round 2) also willing to trade for a brand new 360 TE.

Btw, Kelso, we’ve played before as well. Numerous times

I forgot my hard drive, is all. Sorry. :frowning:

kElso, thanks! Although I think I added to being part of the problem, so I’m to blame for some of the stupid shit that wound up happening… hopefully though we’re past it and we can just get back to gaming.

We’re going to be streaming tomorrow and Tooserius is going to roll through with some of his friends. Anyone that plays a lot at FR want to be “team FR”? LOL