Maximize your DAMAGE!

Ya’ll know me for my rushdown / heavy execution/ combo play style. I’m tired of seeing some Dee Jay players lose to low DMG output. With that said:

**MAXIMIZE YOUR DAMAGE! **
(CORE COMBO) Jump in MK, ST MK, CR LP, CR MP x HK Sobat kicks = 310 DMG / 373 FADC’D
(PRO CORE) Jump in MK, ST MK x2(!), CR MP x HK Sobat Kicks = 350 DMG/433 FADC’D

(HALF CORE) Start with CORE, FADC to ST MK x2(!), CR MP x HK Sobat Kicks = 393 DMG
(Reverse Half) Start with ST MK x2 CR MP X Sobat FADC into Core Combo

(CORNER) Jump in MK, CR HP x LP Air Slasher -> CR MP x HK Sobat Kicks = 354 DMG -> CR MP x Special -> CR HP (Credit to Veserius)
I use a - or + after inconsistant to let you know if it has a high or low chance of combing.

Ryu: (S) NO © YES

Ken: (S) NO © YES

Honda: (S) YES ©YES (inconsistant)-

Ibuki (S) NO / © YES (inconsistant)+ (CRN)YES CR MP LINK

Makoto: NO

Dudley: (S) NO / © YES /(CRN!) YES

Seth: (S) YES (HALF) © NO

Gouken: (S) YES (HALF)/ © NO (MGU)Late MK CR LPx2 CR MP x MGU (Upkicks inconsistant)

Akuma: YES

Gen: NO (CRN) YES (CR MP LINK)

Dan: NO

Sakura: (S) NO © YES (CRN) YES CR MK

Oni: YES

Yun: (S) YES (CRN) YES

Juri: © YES (MGU) YES

Chun: NO :’(

Dhalsim: NO (MGU) YES

Abel: © YES (inonsistant)+ (CRN) YES CR MK OR MP

Viper: ©Reverse Core (CRN) YES

Bison: (S) YES © Reverse Core

Sagat: NO

Cammy: NO

Dee Jay: (S) YES (inconsistant)+, HALF © YES (CRN) YES

Cody: (S) YES (inconsistant)- ©YES (CRN) YES

Guy: NO

Hakan: NO

Yang: NO (CRN) YES

Evil Ryu: © YES

Guile: NO :’( (CRN) YES CR MP

Blanka: NO (MEATY) CR MP CR LP CR MP x Special Move on his wake up

Zangief: NO (CRN) YES

Rufus: NO (CRN) YES

El Fuerte: (S) YES © YES

Vegas: (S) YES (HALF inconsistent)+, © YES (CRN) YES

Balrog: (S) YES © NO (CRN) YES

Fei Long: NO (CRN) YES

T. Hawk: NO

Adon: NO

Rose: NO :’( (CRN) YES

ResidentSleeper

too many deejay players are losing because they have ass fundamentals.

I wish that was as easy to teach as this.

Good post

Thanks. I’ll update it with more stuff tomorrow, it’s time to get drunk

Sent from my Galaxy S3!

Meter/Spacing/Frame Advantage are just as important as damage.

Example being if you have 1 meter its better to go for low strong xx fierce mgu. 205 dmg and you save the meter (his best 1 meter punish being low strong xx ex upkicks)

I agree with jcool and see it this way = if you can’t win with deejay’s normals alone, then you cannot win with knowledge of his optimal combos. The only factor that can really influence the outcome of a match is dash u2.

…that being said i love me some double close forwards (although I don’t use it myself in a match)

I approve of this topic!

Too many Deejay players with ass fundamental are losing to other players w/ ass fundamentals because Deejay is fundamentally ass.

Wrong. Fundamentally deejay is ok. Not sound. Holes in his AA, spacing has to be on point against knowledgeable opponents, gets outranged easily, and bad priority.

Don’t blame the character. That was me two years ago.

Just have to play better

Don’t get into certain situations.

Well i mean he is fundamentally bad, is quite limited in what he can accomplish and loses a LOT of matchups…but those are only really apparent if you let yourself fall into them. My point is especially with deejay, moreso than other chars (because they have better tools to deal with bad situations) sharpening up on your spacing/footsies/defense is far more important than combo knowledge. Heavy punishes is not something you will be given with deejay, that’s now how he operates. He doesn’t have the offensive options to create situations where he can take off big damage; remember that he is still a charge char.

Thats just imo though

edit also off topic and unnecessarily shitting up an informative thread, i apologize.

Is the character list about getting cl.MK to hit twice?

Yes, as well as a corner combo

Sent from my Galaxy S3!

cool. im gunna try these combos till i hit them consistently. good post

Looking at this more closely I don’t get the keys.
What do the (S) and © etc mean next to the characters?

Also for the bits that say “310 DMG / 373 FADC’D” what are the inputs for the FADC’d damage/when do you FADC?

(S) standing © crouching (CRN) corner
FADC’D means to use the combo in a loop

Sent from my Galaxy S3!

Okay

How often do you hit crouching chars with a combo that starts with a jump MK?

Off of safe jump set ups on some chars happen some what decently. That’s why I listed the half combo: do a normal combo and then fadc into double mk combo to help players

Sent from my Galaxy S3!

I have to mess with this long ass list to give a update on who cr lp cr mp x mgu works on.

Quick question, does cross up mk close st hk into super work for anyone?
I can land a front jump into super but no cross up. if this does not work, I would like to introduce:

a list of who cross up mk cr lp st hk into super works on

BTW for the corner combo, some people can be hit by a st mp instead of a cr mp… which may make it easier to hit on them.
edit or just do st lk (you will get a far lk) in which you can cancel into lk sobat kick

Sometimes it happens when people are trying to dp an ambiguous cross up/fake cross up and there inputs get ate up.

jump MK, st MK, cr lp, cr mp x ex slasher, cr lk x lp sobat also works, but a little less damage and will cost you 1 meter

jump MK, st MK, cr lp, cr mp x Ll sobat might also be handy since LK sobat gives the opponent a knockdown (or jump MK, st MK cr lp, cr mp x hk sobat and fadc into a combo ending with LK sobat for the knockdown)

I also have a combo in corner. Its meter heavy(4bars) but it looks cool. Jump MK, st.MK x ex air slasher, st.LK x ex air slasher, st.MK x ex air slasher, cr.lp x ex MGU> Finisher(ultra,up kicks,jump hp).
I think it works on everyone but I’m not 100% sure.

Lastly i don’t know if anyone knows already but jump MK, cr.HP x LP.Air slasher, cr. lk x LK sobat works on standing ibuki in corner. Probably works on other characters but i haven’t tested it yet.

Sir, your first combo is useless and your second combo was already said by myself a few post up.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2