Matchup Thread -- Rashid

Everything you got in here, so we can finish this quickly !

Wanting to see what Rashid players think about the Laura matchup : We need to wait for a thread to be created

Rashid Frame data (when available) : Here

Reserved

Surely there’s something someone can say about this one?

I have a hard time figuring out how to approach this whenever it comes up. Best success has come from going ham and heavily disrespecting before he gets meter so he can’t get anything going but I really don’t want to have to do that. All I know is that eagle spike is one of the few moves in the game that f+HP can punish on guard.

I think the input delay and online conditions can either make or break the matchup. Even if its slightly laggy his lp mixer can be completely safe leading to him taking alot of control, in which normally you could get a st.lp out to stop him on block amd go back to the neutral game. Like the post above me said her fwd+hp can punish the eagle spike, but him with a DP causes problems. Do all you can before he has a bar of meter because aint shit else is gonna happen afterwards.

Oh totally, spinning mixer is very connection dependant. Sometimes in this matchup I get too caught up looking to punish eagle spike and end up getting bodied.

You know how Rashid likes to activate his whirl windy v-trigger from full screen away.
He always manages to cross me up jumping full screen over his own whirlwind, it’s like he got god-like jump.
I dunno how to counter it, cuz it always crosses me up… :frowning: Any ideas?

3 things you can do if he full screen VT.

[list=1]
[] Purposely dash up to the whirlwind to block (and V-reversal)
[
] EX-Thunder Clap - The prevents Rashid from doing anything on the ground such as safe Eagle Spike shenanigans, You can also jump back jab if he tries jump over
[*] Neutral jump - This is more of a high risk ; high reward option as you can eat a whole VT combo from him if you mistime it or you can punish him if he tries to eagle spike pass you.
[/list]

Jumping back is probably a bad idea since you’re giving up space and he can also just hit you out of the air on reaction with eagle spike/spinning mixer