Matador Video Thread

I’ve seen it work. I promise you. I don’t want to go digging around for the video, but trust me, I’ve seen it hit. It might depend on where they are in the air when you get hit with the jump back fierce, but I’ve seen nisepachi get punished after the hit.

Yea, you’re right, I should have played more straightforward. I tend to overthink things when I’m playing, which usually causes me to lose. The reason I don’t like to spam walldives or normals, even when it’s working, is because eventually (and especially with Balrog) they’ll catch you on your spamming, even if you don’t telegraph; coupled with the fact that Vega loses so much life when he gets hit, I tend to shy away from abusing my normals. Example: If I walldive out of Balrog’s reach, he can TAP to punish. I know the video didn’t really give a good example of how that might work, but that’s one of the tools Gootecks uses on me when we play casuals.

But yea, there are a whole bunch of things in that video that I’m kicking myself for doing. Thanks for the input, David.

Me vs Sanchez

[media=youtube]ME_FzQojO9U&feature=channel[/media]

*that df rh into jab, back into df rh wasn’t a mistake, btw, regardless of what gootecks said.

Tatsu vs Kryojenix

[media=youtube]HCRxxDzFT5M&feature=channel_page[/media]

hides face in shame

Tatsu,at a 4:21 was it a hk flipkick which comboed out of hk c.mk? Remember Bebop saying somewhere down the line that it connects only on standing opponents - still the case?

I still think the flip kick has the most retarded command ever.

yeah it was a hk flipkick. i need further testing on this combo but it seems like for some of the taller characters like sagat and zangief you can still get the combo even if they crouch…? not sure…

I swear I thought bebop was gonna win against Gootecks, not gonna say why cause I haven’t even played the game yet but it just looked that way to me.

Yo bebop have you changed your mind about Vega vs Balrog? Do you think it still is 7-3 Balrog? (Or any other Vega matchup for that matter)

It will hit those two if they’re crouching. :tup:

It’s still a 7-3, imho. Balrog has too many options to get in and deal heavy damage.

Here’s me vs Eric, a local Guile player:

[media=youtube]LwmK2U6NJSo&feature=channel_page[/media]

aw man u were so close

In case you guys didn’t see it in the video thread, a week or 2 ago, there’s a pretty good Vega in these vids.

edit: Notice how often he wall dives. :wink:

What are the thoughts on Vega? I’ve heard he is pretty bad now, I mean took a couple of nerfs…

Last 2 videos… omg… soo fuckin sick

http://www.a-cho.com/ac/mov.html

Who the fuck was that Vega? That guy is leagues better than nisepachi.

Umm could someone upload those 2 claw matches from a-cho on Youtube? Can’t seem to access them.

Good lord, that footage was taken at the beginning of Novermber… And Makoto isn’t even the best Vega in Japan… That means there’s waaay crazy Vega stuff we haven’t even seen yet! Soooo exciting!

Unless he has some crazy kara or focus trick, I think we’ve seen 'em all.

He just wasn’t designed with much it seems. :chainsaw:

Took me a while to navigate and find those 2 Claw matches :sweat:

moar?

http://www.getyourtournament.com/multimedia/

Great vids here. Tatsu almost OCVing gootecks/ken i/ed ma