[Mar 17, 2012] Sudakare 2012 - Brawl/SSF4/Marvel (TCNJ) (Ewing, NJ)

Sudakare 2012
Saturday March 17th
Brower Student Center Game Room (Campus Map: http://tcnj.pages.tcnj.edu/about/campus-info/campus-map/ )
The College of New Jersey
2000 Pennington Road Ewing, NJ 08628-0718

$5 entry fee. All tournaments free to enter.

[LEFT]CURRENT TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE IS AS FOLLOWS:[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Super Smash Bros Brawl (Sign ups @ 1pm. Tournament @ 2pm)[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Super Street Fighter IV AE 2012 (Sign ups @ 3:30pm. Tournament @ 4:30pm)[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (Sign ups @ 5:00pm. Tournament @ 6pm)[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]

[LEFT]RULES:[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]We are using the Unity Ruleset for Super Smash Bros. Brawl, which can be found here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301032[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Rules for Super Smash Bros Brawl:[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Best of 3 matches. Double elim[/LEFT]
[LEFT]3 stock, 8 minute time limit[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Items set to “Off” and “None”[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Pause set to “Off”[/LEFT]
[LEFT]No custom stages[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Default control schemes (GC, Wiimote, Wiimote + Nunchuck) are allowed[/LEFT]
[LEFT]MetaKnight is banned. If he is picked by random, the match will be restarted on the same stage until he is not present.[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Neutrals: [/LEFT]
[LEFT]FD[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Battlefield[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Lylat Cruise[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Smashville[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Yoshi’s Island[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Counter picks: [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Delfino Plaze[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Halberd[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Castle Siege[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Brinstar[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Pokemon Stadium 1[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Rainbow Cruise[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Frigate Orpheon[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
LEFT[/LEFT]
[LEFT]After the first game, each player picks a stage to ban from counter picking for the rest of the set. The loser of game one announces a stage selection from either list that wasn’t a ban choice. The winner of game on picks their character, then the loser may switch. If the loser of game one elects to go random, from the 5 neutrals, the winner must stay their character. Loser may switch.[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Rules for Super Street Fighter IV AE 2012 (360 and PS3 setups):[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Matches: 3 rounds each.[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Best of 3 matches advances, double elim[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Winner keeps same character, loser can change character.[/LEFT]
[LEFT]All characters legal.[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Default time.[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Rules for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (360 and PS3 setups):[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Best of 3 matches advances, double elim[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Winner keeps same team (cannot change team order), loser can change team.[/LEFT]
[LEFT]All characters legal, including Jill and Shuma[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Default time, default damage.[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Latest patch.[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]PRIZES:[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]1st Place: $40 Gamestop giftcard for Brawl, $35 Gamestop giftcard for SSF4 and Marvel[/LEFT]
[LEFT]2nd Place: $25 Gamestop giftcard for Brawl, $20 Gamestop giftcard for SSF4 and Marvel[/LEFT]
[LEFT]3rd Place: Special prize[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]FAQ:[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Where’s SFxT? Soulcalibur V? [insert game of choice here]?[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]The honest answer is that we don’t have enough time/resources/space to do more than three tournaments. Brawl, SSF4, and Marvel have the most active communities right now so those are the three we went with. If you want to do side tournaments, that’s fine, but bring the games yourself.[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Can I Enter multiple tournaments?[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Sure! But please notify an organizer when your matches are so we can keep everything running as smooth as possible.[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]So you’re running both PS3 and 360 setups for SF/Marvel? How will that work?[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Yep. We’ve done this in the past and it’s worked fine. If your match is not on your console of choice, people are almost always willing to let others borrow sticks/controllers. If you absolutely must play on a certain console with a certain controller, we’ll try to cater to you as best we can.[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Is this Bring Your Own Controller?[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Absolutely. TCNJ nor any member of the Sudakare staff are NOT responsible for any damaged or lost property and will not be supplying controllers![/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
What are the rules for controllers?
Button mapping is allowed. However, you cannot string multiple button inputs to one button (no PPP or KKK to LT or R2 for instance) unless otherwise specified. And I shouldn’t have to say this, but no turbo buttons or any special controller mod that will give you a clear advantage. If foul play is suspected, you will be DQ’d.

Are money matches/side bets allowed?
We cannot have any money matches going on due to college regulations. If anyone is caught doing them, we will be shut down! This is serious, and it is a rule we are going to enforce.

Is it okay If I sign up for a tournament late?
Sorry, but no. Once sign ups are done, they are DONE. Simple as that.

What if I’m not in the room when my match is up?
If you have to leave for whatever reason and know you have a match soon, let a judge nearby know. If your name is called for a match three times and you don’t show up, it’s a DQ - plain and simple.

Where can I park on campus?
Parking is available in lots 3, 4, 5, and 6 of the TCNJ Campus. However, overnight parking requires a visitor pass which can be obtained via campus Police in the Administrative Services Building. They can be reached at (609) 771-2167. If you are planning to stay overnight (or even late) it is advised to plan early and get a pass as without one, you are subject to a ticketing violation.

I’m helping run the event, so if you have any questions either PM me or post in the thread. Hope to see you there!

These controller rules don’t make sense. I’m looking to play SSF4 with a PS3 pad and my converter. Why can’t I put PPP at one of the buttons? It is too difficult to press 3 buttons for that command on a pad (i can understand joystick). I’ve never been to a tournament which doesn’t let you map the buttons any way you’d like, why this rule?