Magnus TAC help!

Ok, so I can pull of his powder smack combo if I start the combo with Magnus, but if I TAC into him, it doesn’t work. I’ve seen it done, I’m sure of it, so what do I need to change in order to get it to work? Thanks in advance,…

it always works off a tac, everywhere. you’re screwing it up.

Where does it drop for you?

If you TAC from another character into Magnus, the H->Dash->M->Fly->L->H etc combo won’t work man, I’ve tried a billion times…

try doing

exchange j. :m::h: xx dash j. :h: xx Fly :r: j. :l:

if that doesnt work try doing an :m: instead of the 2nd :h:

Please use one of the threads we already have up, next time :wink:

I looked in those but didn’t see anything, thanks for your help though…

yeah that combo works off a TAC. All I do after TAC hit - j.H adf j.M fly j.LH [adf H]x3. The timing for you to do the j.L H is a lot stricter if you’re doing it off a TAC. I’m assuming that’s where you’re dropping it. but where does it not work for you?

The timing certainly is not stricter. The timing is just as easy as it is in the normal flight loops.

However, certain exchanges (side exchange in the corner is the only one I can think of off the top of my head) will put you at odd positioning to where you can’t just mash out the usual j. H xx ADF j. M xx fly, j.LH ADF H etc. A few slight adjustments and you can easily do this combo.

You should try out kanta’s suggestions, that should fix your problem. As a side note, no single starter (should) work for all TAC directions/positioning, so if you find yourself tac’ing to mags alot, learn the different starters for the different tacs, and be aware of where you are tac’ing (am I near the corner? am I in the corner? am I midscreen?)

Hope that helps daywalker.