Lol can someone

Explain why Lili’s unblockable setup work? I mean seriously…

Edit: or at least confirm if there is one my friend may just be suffering from lag syndrome.

Edit#2: After testing some stuff in training mode (setting the dummy to block) it seems it isn’t an unblockable per say just some funky ass hit box/ move properties. So the opponent has to block by walking forward instead of back…Well I’m dropping Ibuki now. Juri + Lili ftw!

Edit#3: Ok so after even more testing I can consistently do the unblockable. Now I’m wondering if I should say exactly what it is or let people figure out over time, since I feel unblockables kinda ruin games in general…

Ok so my salt repository is now filled with grade A Mishima EWGF so idc anymore about what is fair and what ruins this game since it already has a plethora of unfair garbage.

Not sure if this has been found already, but for a few hours I was playing friends and they kept telling me my dive kick was unblockable sometimes. At first I thought this was bullshit, but I’ve tested it for maybe 5 hours today and have gotten pretty consistent in landing it (once every 3 out of 4 attempts).

The trick is to use MK,HK, or EX Air Spine Shot (lol acronym is ASS dat AyuSS). And right before Lili reaches above the middle of the opponent (the point where they turn around) dive kick. And they can’t block or to be more precise they have to press forward to block, but the window is so small that if they are pressing forward they get hit anyways (because they are walking). UNLESS they are crouching and holding forward, but once you figure out the unblockable spot you can choose whether you want to use the set up as well.

Since I don’t have a camera to demonstrate I’ll just leave instructions.

-Training mode
-Set opponent character as Ryu and Juri
-Set the dummy to block 3 (d+b, crouch block) for something like 10-20 seconds then switch out (so you can practice against multiple characters)

• Set to replay and jump forward and just before you are over the crouching training dummy and mk dive kick.
    One tip is to aim for the back of Ryu’s crown.

Every so often you should notice Ryu/Juri (any character really) getting hit by it, which shouldn’t happen since it doesn’t hit overhead or anything. Even if you have the dummy just walking back when you do this trick their character will shift between walking forward and back during the startup of your divekick until it hits them.

NECRO!!!

So basically after months of playing Lili and SFxT I’ve realized that it’s not really an unblockable. This is just wonky auto correct if the user does an air special that tracks (EX divine step) or the moment the opponent turns around while you’re above them (Ala air spine shot) the opponent. The sheer stupidity of it all can be seen when you jump over an opponent and before you land you use EX Divine step. Lili will float backwards and the opponent is forced to block the side that lili jumped from. It’s like a free 140 damage and it doesn’t really make sense. However it’s only 140 damage, but it may win you the match or make lili’s cross up options in the corner a lot more threatening. With a meter building team perhaps you can get away with it a few times. Though it’s better to practices air spine shot using this tactic as you can harass your opponent with MK Air Spine Shot (ASS lol) or HK ASS for a bigger combo. It’s also harder to detect. I hope this benefit other lili’s…just not the ones on PSN…don’t do this to my lili I would be very mad. For maximum effectiveness I usually use it the instant their character turns around (this messes with blocking and can force them to walk forward instead of blocking), and as another thread hinted (Lili OS Thread) with the tracking nature of EX DS it makes lili’s corner oki game much stronger.

A side note this works with Cammy’s Dive kick too but the timing is tighter, so I’m certain it’s just a thing with all air specials.