LK > HP Link?

Don’t underestimate the value of a knockdown in this instance. Yeah, the ex tornado only does 64 damage (which I think would be worth it anyway) but the knockdown is extremely valuable for Rufus, both for momentum and wakeup games.

Also, that combo doesn’t work - you have to drop one of the light attacks, e.g. st. lk, cr. lk, cr. lp, far lp, cr. mk xx EX GT.

Protip: What? Do you mean cr. mk or something? Far mk can only be combo’d from a jumpin and close mk has too much startup for anything but far lp to combo into it (therefore impossible)

Also to the neanderthal who neg repped me in this thread; I’m guessing your short but sweet “You are fat.” comment was based off my avatar, which was actually a picture of Marn, not me, looking incredulous at Final Round XII when that C. Viper vs Sagat silliness happened. Nice one!

Rufus wants to knock you down? No way! The combo is a waste. By the time you’ve landed two s.lks you can just do c.lp (or c.mk) XX EX tornado. Not only is it more damage, it gets you a knockdown where you’re CLOSER. Rufus wants to be close enough to mix you up when he knocks you down. Adding all the extra damage scaling in the form of extra superfluous jabs is just stupid.

PROTIP: when a “c.” comes before a normal, it is crouching. I don’t feel the need to differentiate between far and close normals in most instances, as the player should be able to figure it out. Could you really not figure out that I didn’t mean s.mk? I even talked about using the normal s.mk later in that same post. Or are you just nitpicking? :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, close mk combos from stand lk on some characters, sir. :bgrin: I just talked about that too.

In rufus’ instance, a practical plink is s.lk, s.hp. You press s.lk, then drum s.hp~s.mp. The game registers it as one HP input, then a HP+MP input. When two buttons are pressed at the same time, the higher strength takes priority (priority link). So you get twice as many punch inputs, doubling your chances of successfully linking. In rufus’ case, you can add more to the chances because if you mess up and the mp comes out, s.lk s.mp tornado combos on some characters. Or substitute mp for mk on the characters that that combos on if you’re fancy like that.

St. lk, st. lk, cr. lp xx EX GT does less damage, actually - cr. mk is definitely a better option if you have the plink for it down, does do more damage, and does leave you closer. I don’t argue with that.

Close mk is 7 frame startup, close lk is +6 on hit, so I don’t really see how it can combo unless it’s a counter hit. Please elaborate.

tight

when i plink is it supposed to come out as two HP or HP then a MP because i have rad that it is supposed to come out as two HP’s but when i do it it comes out as a hp then a mp am I doing it wrong or is this how it is supposed to happen?

should come out as hp then mp+hp

the mp+hp registers as a second hp

if it comes out as hp then mp, you’re too slow

To clarify; I need to hit the MP right after releasing the HP correct

Say you’re hitting hp with your middle finger and mp with your index. Raise your index slightly higher than your middle finger, and bring them both down in one motion. Fiddle with it a bit with input display on in training mode. As Svenghali said, the input display should read like so if you “plinked” correctly.

MPHP
HP

No, you don’t have to worry about when you release HP. Just get to the MP within 3 frames after the HP.

i just memorised when to plink based on match videos ive seen, working for me so far

just startd using rufus and this link isnt that difficult i just sometimes do down fierce

I hate when that happens :P. It does work pretty well against backdashers though (but I guess HP tornado works even better…).

I suck at this still, after weeks in training. Fuck my shitty execution, I wish lk mp fp tornado worked on everyone.

I’ve been working at this for the last week with at least 2 hours a day and I still can’t get it really. Plinking is def making a diffrence though. I just feel like im doing something wrong when I watched people pull it off sooo easily in matches. When I can barely get the link to come out in training.

Seeing as how: Dive Kick - s.lk - s.hp xx Tornado, does less damage than without the s.lk, whats the point?

St. lk starts in 4 frames, whereas st. hp starts in 6 frames. If your dive kick is deep enough to confer sufficient frame advantage to allow you to just go into st. hp, you can, but st. lk makes it safer if the depth of your divekick is ambiguous.

Whoops, forgot his s.hp has a longer startup, I was thinking of Sakura’s s.hp. Thanks for clearing that up

I tried this technique for a while but i wasn’t able to get the st. HP to come out, maybe I’m not understanding it correctly. I’m pressing st. LK>st.MP>st.HP. What do you think I might be doing wrong

I’m going to assume your plinkin. What you might be doing wrong is rushing the s.mp/s.hp too soon. That’s what I was doing wrong. I still can’t even really hit the link 80% of the time. I’ve only done it once in a match. But what really helped me was doing it 100 times in training mode than id take a little break and id do it all over. Practice is really the only way to get this down. practice practice practice.

recently deided to start plinking this link up but when i plink no hp comes do i mash the plink or what