Lili Attack Reversal Discussion Thread

This thread is devoted to Lili’s Attack Reversal and all the uses it has. Post anything you know or want to know about her counter here.

It’s done by HCB + P. All versions counters on the first frame. They all do 180 damage!

LP counters strikes on Lili’s head frames 1-16. Recovery: 41
MP counters strikes on Lili’s midsection frames 1-15. Recovery: 41
HP counters strikes on Lili’s lower body frames 1-22. Recovery: 54
EX counters all striking attacks frame 1-18. Recovery: 47

Some tips:

• LP AR (attack reversal) counters all jump-ins, so it is a good anti-air. Don’t get baited. They’ll start empty jumping to punish your recovery frames.
  • LP AR also beats those pesky dive kicks, like Rufus’ and Cammy’s. If they aim at your feet, you have to use the HP AR. Use Ex AR If you want an assured counter.
  • MP AR counters all mid pokes. So, if you are in a poke war, you can rely on this sometimes to gain the advantage. It’s risky though.
  • HP AR takes care of easy to read lows.
  • EX AR will counter basically any striking attack, no matter the hit level.
  • Special Moves like Tatsumaki, Psycho Crusher, and Ibuki’s Neckbreaker can be countered with the right AR.
  • Dhalsim’s limbs can all be countered anywhere on the screen, teleporting him close to you for his punishment (think of it like Ibuki’s Raido throw in SF4)

That’s all I have for now. If you guys have some more interesting info, please post it here. I’ll update this topic with specific character match-ups with attack reversal regularly. This move has potential, hopefully we’ll be able to fully utilize soon!

I like using these when people start mashing jab when you pressure them. Works extremely well as an offensive tool. Use after a safe, but non-advantageous string.

Sometimes, after landing a Sunflower Lance, I’ll use Feisty Rabbit to bait the opponent and immediately use the HP version of Attack Reversal if I’m suspecting a wakeup Shoryuken or low hits on their wakeup.

This catches EX wakeup reversals as well, granted I’ve only tried it on Ryu thus far.

On countering wakeup reversals, I don’t believe it matters which version of Attack Reversal is used. Or am I wrong? I’ve used all 4 versions on Ryu using EX wakeup Shoryuken and it catches him everytime.

Heavy Reversal counters SRKs?? Interesting

Lol…are you being an ass?

I want to know the same thing, considering the HP counters lows apparently.

Anyone remember the Seth Killian Lili walkthrough when he said the EX counters highs/ lows, but didnt mention that the HP counters low? Ugh.

So I have the guidebook with me, and it says that the LP Attack Reversal counters strikes on Lili’s head frames. MP counters strikes her midsection frames, and the HP version counters strikes on her lower body frames.

I’m guessing that along with countering High/Mids/Lows with the correct attack reversal, we can also use a specific counter if we know the hitbox of an opponent’s attack.

Just to make sure I wasn’t going crazy, I set Ryu to keep using his fierce punch SRK in training mode, and I’m still countering it perfectly fine with the HP counter.

Ahhhh that does make sense. It doesnt say low/mid/high attacks. It says portions of her body. Thats so godlike. You dont need to know if the attack is a low/mid or high. Just gotta know what area of her body the person is aiming for.

I hope they dont nerf Lili. If she had a fireball and 1000 health she’d be the best. I swear

there are times where after if i’m hard knockdown’d light counter on their jumps in will work and sometimes it would get stuffed thus making me suffer a counter hit. there has to be other stuff lili can do when she is waking up besides Counter or Ex Counter.

Besides the counters, you could also try an EX Angel Knee on wakeup. It works pretty darn well on people jumping in, trying to cross you up.

As long as you don’t do the EX Angel Knee Ascension follow up, you can get a full combo too, so that wakeup option is there, even if it is just as risky as throwing her attack reversal.

This move is great. Lili already has the best anti-air in the game, being Andante. For those cross-ups she has another option, being LP Reversal.

^Are you sure? I’m testing it in training mode and Ryu’s j.mk crossup is stuffing LP and EX reversal.

Yeah, her counters don’t work on crossups, not even the EX one.

why would you want to have a non-comboable 180 damage off someone you know is going to wake up SRK.

block it and go into a 400-600 damage punish/tag combo. it also has the added bonus of not leaving lili totally and utterly screwed if they dont SRK.

i have the same opinion with the anti air, if you are spaced, and are anticipating. (you have to be to do the counter anyway) df + HK sets up again a possible 400-600 damage tag super or bnb combo. Instead of just 180. again if the opponent jumps and doesn’t attack to try and bait it out, this move still works while the counter will be punished.

jab pressure…well i think practically executing a half circle motion in between a 4 frame mash jab would be hard, but i could see it being useful for mind games.

but this game is all about getting that 400+ damage everytime you get the chance. the 180 counters should be nothing more han a utility to play with your opponents mindset, i would never rely on it in my fundamental gameplan.

my opinion of course.

Against EX Messiah I’d totally take the counter.

Edit: If your opponent tag cancels the move you’re countering, you can actually end up hitting the incoming character instead of the original point character. Happened yesterday to me.

Hi! if i have EX i will do Attack reversal, or with LP, but if the oponent do a safe jump its very bad situation. Feisty rabbit ex is another option.

P.D: Sorry for my english.

mp AR counters all of Ninas pokes. really good MU knowledge.

for doing the AR on someones wakeup it has some uses:
if your low on health and you can be chipped out with a reversal,Lili doesnt take any damage when countering a move.