Let's Take a Vote

It’s been a couple of weeks, so I figure this would be a decent time.  Though I also expect the topic to be closed but the topic could also get some decent feedback.  I’m also aware this won’t (and in no way should) affect the stance and decisions the staff of SRK will take now or in the future.<div><br></div><div>Simply put, here is the question.</div><div><br></div><div>Would you rather SRK stay on Vanilla Forums, ride it out, get all the features added and generally accept SRK’s new host?</div><div><br></div><div>or…</div><div><br></div><div>Take another week or two off, send SRK back to Xenforo and go through the growing pains/glitches again but deal with a site most already know how to handle and have grown accustomed to?</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>Now this isn’t another thread to thrash the new SRK, at most it’s a comparison thread.  It’s also good to keep in mind the things the SRK staff has already promised to add/fix so don’t come in here blustering about the lack of animated avatars or lack of dark themes.  </div><div><br></div><div>Who knows, maybe good things can come from this thread, like ideas being fostered to help things move for you like Xenforo or better.  Like the suggestion I saw in another thread to turn off Notifications for your Bookmarked threads but put the actual Bookmarked Discussions page on your Favorites on your Internet Browser.  I admit that it’s actually made me more efficient here than on Xenforo.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>

Petition time baby. I vote for option two.

If they were having performance issues (lol intrusive ads) why not upgrade the server/resources?

Obviously paying for shitty forum system and go through lol fixes for over 2weeks (.?) is better and an awesome way to go. (NOT) =D>

It’s not a petition.  I even said that in no way will or should this affect how SRK proceeds with their decision to go to Vanilla Forums.

I’d support a move back to Xenforo. It worked, and if Jaxel’s site is any indication, it can perform just fine and be secure and stable enough for this place <i>if someone would put in the work to make it that way.</i><br>

From the perspective of a moderator: Vanilla is better than Xenforo in almost every way. The tools I have access to make it a lot easier and less annoying to do my job. Vanilla deals with bot posts and cleans bot spam more efficiently by a long shot.<div><br></div><div>I don’t like the current look of the site compared to earlier versions either. But honestly, after how much easier the new system has made my internet life, I’d really hate to go back to Xenforo.</div><div><br></div><div>As much as I have sympathy for all the woes users have experienced since the change over, I suspect you’d be hard pressed to find many staff members who would want to go back.</div>

<br><blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/8997/bmckay">bmckay</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>I’d support a move back to Xenforo. It worked, and if Jaxel’s site is any indication, it can perform just fine and be secure and stable enough for this place <i>if someone would put in the work to make it that way.</i><br></div>
</blockquote>

The problem is that SRK gets waaay more hits than 8WayRun thanks to the front page. Let’s keep in mind that the biggest reason for moving to Vanilla is that Vanilla is hosting the servers themselves and I figure that this arrangement is cheaper than if SRK bought more servers to separate the forum and front page.<br>

<blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/5950/Trouble%20Brewing">Trouble Brewing</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>From the perspective of a moderator: Vanilla is better than Xenforo in almost every way. The tools I have access to make it a lot easier and less annoying to do my job. Vanilla deals with bot posts and cleans bot spam more efficiently by a long shot.<div><br></div><div>I don’t like the current look of the site compared to earlier versions either. But honestly, after how much easier the new system has made my internet life, I’d really hate to go back to Xenforo.</div><div><br></div><div>As much as I have sympathy for all the woes users have experienced since the change over, I suspect you’d be hard pressed to find many staff members who would want to go back.</div></div>
</blockquote>

<br><div>Ah see a moderator’s perspective I didn’t even think about.</div>

I thought Xenforo itself as a software couldn’t handle the traffic on top of the servers. I could be wrong though. 

<div class=“QuoteText”>I’d support a move back to Xenforo. It worked<br></div>
</blockquote>

no it didn’t. posters were getting literally dozens of timeout errors everyday with xenforo<br>

Yeah, I’m over Xenforo. Vanilla sucks right now, but give it time.  The mods know what’s broken and are working to get it sorted. Just give it time.

<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/4897/pherai">pherai</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”><blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteText”>I’d support a move back to Xenforo. It worked<br></div>
</blockquote>

no it didn’t. posters were getting literally dozens of timeout errors everyday with xenforo<br></div>
</blockquote>

That was more because SRK forum on Xenforo was hosted on the same server as the frontpage. Not any fault of the software itself.