Lets End This! the MvC3 X-23 Combo/Strategy Thread

Another dumb command grab assist (not claiming these are practical…just training mode fun :P): Command grab, Wesker Ground Assist (pops body up), Neck Slasher charge (ankle whiffs), neutral jump L, M, M, H, QCF L

Kreativeking: Go to “Go Advanced” when replying to thread. Then hit “more” underneath the smilies.

thanks @Sosage =D

Some general comments after watching the MvC 3 stream…
I know it’s a new game and all, but so far when I watch, a lot of the x 23 players are fixated on a specific combo that’s started off with a low kick that ends with super. But this seems to hamper her effectiveness, because she can’t really follow up after a super into any sort of reset or pressure. What this means is that I see a lot of players land a hit, do a combo, combo into super, then the other player just safe tags out via dhc, etc etc.

Like Mags, X 23 should have plenty of ways to provide pressure and resets, but I haven’t seen a lot of combos or setups that give positional advantage…which is something that made top mag/storm players in mvc2 effective.

Considering that her landing a hit doesn’t generally kill whatever she’s fighting, it might make more sense to have a general, easy to do universal combo whose ender(s) puts her back into a position to follow up, reset, or pressure the opponent. The 2nd time she lands a hit, then she can combo into super -> dhc and kill the character.

Lastly, on the stream I’ve seen mostly ineffective attacks in the air. She seems to have good air mobility and priority, but generally I’ve seen a couple of ineffective hits into nothing in the air. I think for her to be effective, good air control and damage will be needed to make her effective.

I don’t know if you can combo into snaps, but I have yet to see people snap anyone out.

Lastly, combo misses…it happens in every game, more so when the game is new. The mags players back in the day turned their misses into opportunities. Seems like when I watch the stream, the messed up part of the combos always seems to happen in the air, after launch as she jumps up, or missing the next hit after she does her “try this!” air dragon kick. What I see is that she’ll miss, lose initiative, and often get hit as a result of whiffing.

I think with the way the engine works, this’ll be a natural part of the game. However, since the misses always seem to happen in the same places, that might be a good place to find fixes…be it recognizing the combo will miss and making it end quicker, going for a reset/command grab instead of the standard move, etc. Just like with mags, I see adjustments in the middle of combos a big part of making her more effective.

I don’t think standard precanned combos with her will really serve her all that well. Dante she is not.

You can combo from her command grab with s.H xx 214H, j.M j.H j.214L into stuff timing is just tight

[media=youtube]fU9TkwzkIBI[/media]
[media=youtube]YHonuS3oGss[/media]

^ Wow,great combo’s! I must master these. Combo’ing out of Dirt Nap = GDLK

I am so going to use Deadpool with Katana-Rama for my assist when I main X-23. :smiley:

You can do ABC then mash on wavedash to set up a very ambiguous reset. The only char this doesn’t work against is MODOK.

so what are some non meter combo’s for X-23?

Just experimented with this and if you do dirtnap after the ABC then wavedash twice, you can catch most characters no matter where they tech. If they try to do an air super or special you’ll be safe to block and can punish them afterward. This could potential be her biggest mind fuck against people since they’ll have no idea where she’ll come from by doing it that way.

[media=youtube]t258Q8bjxnA[/media]

Seeing a few things about dirt nap and wave dashing.When in dirt nap, if you wave dash you still kicks up dust. So its not a perfect method to get close, might need a ranged assist to use it at Maximum effectiveness.

Another thing ive noticed, she’s all over the place after her command grab. Sometimes I can do lmh, others I’m so far away m, maybe even whiffs. But, if your fast, you can usually dash lmh e, etc,etc. Its odd though, sometimes she’ll cross under as well.

I back this up, been screwing around in training trying to find resets/set ups especially involving the command throw and it just seems so tough to land anything consistently after the throw ends.

I haven’t had a problem landing H after the grab (other than f’cking up the timing).

X-23 x-factor infinite
[media=youtube]6gNTSYTskIg[/media]

from the mvc3 guide
I’m testing stuff out to see if there is a hit confirmable version of it as well

You guys are awesome, this material is TOO GOOD! :rofl:

X23 Double Hop Loop

[media=youtube]4ihgvTia0Vg[/media]

:l::m::h::qcb::l:, :l::m::h::qcb::h:, :m::m::s::u:, :m::m::h::qcf::l:, ( Land ) :qcf::m: ( Charge ) :qcf::atk::atk:

Works outside the corner and on Most of the cast.

im having trouble with her feint loop, does anyone have any suggestions on the timing of it?

What exactly are you having issues with?

the timing to get M to combo after the hard feint, im not sure if im doing the feint too slow/fast?

You’re probably doing it too fast, when I first tried it I did the same thing.
Just slow down a little. Let me know if that helped