Laughing with Joe

:karate:
Now how good is Joe. I’ve just picked him up and used him as an excellent addition to my team Maki/Joe/Geese (Yes, an unusual team). I play most of my characters solid in accordance with the competition here, BUT joe really seems to excellent, he has good frame space after so many of his moves and his knee works as well as a shoryuken for me. His hurricanes are excellent, his supers hit in many situations. Now…why would joe be underrated? What good setups can I add to my small arsinel of Joe knowlegde?

Vale you just cant be stealin my team fool!
Just playin, actually this is who I use:

A-groove
Maki
Rock >Sakura/Geese
Yun /

S-groove
Yuri/Joe/Geese :clap:

Anyway I play all your characters, and I dont find your team that odd, I could actually see using your team in A, which ive actually done before, unless your refering to the blanka/bison/sakura trend. In that case your team is definitely different.

I do think IMHO that joe does well against most of the top tier especially blanka, Lk.Tiger Knee that blanka ball down head on, without roll cancel, but you can RC it for extra priority. His C.Fk is a excelent poke, far S.Fk, in a groove with run he can break your guard quite easily if his poke strings are used correctly. Joe has a decent A-groove it takes about 7300 or so, he can also custom off of a LK tiger knee. He’s actually quite scary in K groove, even though i prefer him in S groove. :pleased:

Some poke strings:

1.C.LPx3, S.MP, QCB+Lk. If they throw out anything lk tiger knee that shit, if they dont, throw there ass or continue the pressure, but be careful of RC happy players. :tup:

2.C.LPx2, C.Mp, S.Fk. This ones okay, you decide, but I think that they might be able to roll after the S.Fk, you could throw it out once in a while, then when they expect the far S.Fk wait then throw there ass out of the roll, just a theory, so see if this one works for you.

3.C.LKx3, FP crazy hands. This one is decent and it combos, so its a dual purpose block string.

4.C.Lp, S.Fk, Lp or Mp Huricane. This one is decent as well and chips the hell out of the guard meter, so does the first block string. By the way believe it or not c.lp into s.fk combos on the regular, so does c.lp , standing or crouching Mp. You can add that flying kick move after both links, a Lk flying kick after the Mp, and Fk flying kick after the S.Fk.

Anyway If anyone has any questions, things to add, and or character specific strats feel free, then again there is a thread for character specific matches. (I think) Whatever thats all I have to say for now.

Fight On:karate:

Joe is awesome, but he’s not too big on combos really, he’s more of a one hit wonder (I guess like Zangief and Haomaru). They have a few simple combos here and there, but nothing cool like Ryu or Sagat (I have yet to discover a cross up for Joe). With Joe, just play a big poking game, and not really TOO offensively…but Joe isn’t a very defensive player either in my opinion. I like him the best on N-groove and K-groove, because his level three Double Cyclone super move is AWESOME…maybe the best anti air super in the game? His kicks are really good for poking…all are pretty fast and have decent horizontal range. His tiger knee attack is pretty sweet and has awesome priority. But yea…I’m not a great Joe user…the only combo I really knew is S LK, C LK, flying kick attack…nothing great. Anybody else have some good Joe strategies or combos or anything??

I belive joe is a one hit wonder as well like king ect…
I will not argue with you about his double cyclone, cause its scary as hell, id like to see someone jump when I have a level 3.:pleased:
I find him great at rush down, at least thats how I play him, especially in S-groove, rush down, dogde, knockdown, charge up, theres all kinds of stuff you can do.

By the way the first poke string works best on regular and big
characters but not so good on small characters, sakura ect…

the only combos that I know are the ones I posted above, and there pretty good IMHO. I usually break there gaurd most of the time and then double cyclone there ass, I also agree that joe has great wake up games.
He has a fast dash, mean priority on his tiger knee, the flying kick can go over ground projectiles, he can hold his own against the top tier and hes a all around solid character.

His standing mk is a decent poke from a distance, and the same goes for his c.fk, but i would use caution with that one if they have a fast super or level 3 ready (I.E. level 3 blanka ball).

After a blocked blanka ball he can custom blanka’s ass for free.
I’ve heard that he counters barlog, but im not quite sure about that one.

Thats all I have for now, ill be back later with more info.

Fight On:karate:

I think Joe is so underrated and so awesome. Double Cyclone is just so fucking deadly bait a roll and there’s nothing you can do but eat two fiery Joe pillars of death. Plus his taunt is a moon you gotta love it.

TNT punches combo well, his tiger knee just stuffs pretty much anything. The slice kick destroy air-defenseless groove users who jump in. Joe rules the air. Joe is the shit. :smiley:

Joe’s a fucking beast it’ll take someone doing some damage at a big tourney for everyone else to see it.

I use joe as well.

And yea, he owns.

But his run looks very lame.

I actually found another basic combo with Joe…Jump in with HK, S. HK into HCF + HK…not the greatest combo…but…that’s Joe.

man…it would be AWESOME if his S. HP that does two hits combo’d into a super…kind of like Terry and Chun Li…maybe because his supers are stronger than theirs so it would be TOO strong? I don’t know…

Joe isnt about combos

I will just lay down the basics

Double Cyclone is good but dont get dependant on it and dont spam it. Against 90 percent of small jumps, a simple lvl3 screw upper is alot better. Double Cyclone has startup time to it and it wont hit alot of SJ. Screw Upper is basically the Anti Small Jump.

Cr Jab is your friend, dont be afraid if you play N Groove to bust out a cr jab X 3, screw upper if the cr jabs connect. They are very fast and are good for his pressure game.

Dont abuse slide, this kinda goes against what you are usually taught with Basic Joe, the Slide can be good but its also got a higher risk factor then people realize. IE if Yama blocks Joe’s slide at anything but max range, its a free down rh for Yama.

Run may look funny buts its good, Joe’s dash is average at best.

Use cr foward as your combo starter for things like, slice kick, tiger knee, double cyclone.

Play mind games with them, there expecting double cyclones everytime you throw a projectiles, use the jab verion to mix it up and throw them off guard.

Thats all for now, I may post more later if anyone gives a shit.

RC paino fingers his TNT punch, honda style.

his lk cresent kick cross’s over ppl but leaves u open.

i eat joe for breakfast

Joe is good because my brother can actually kick my ass with him. :karate: :clap: Its all fun until he manages to break out his huge double cyclone thingy!