Lakewood - Round 1 Arcade

Cool spot. A lot of girls walking around. It’s $1.00 for SSF4 AE 2012 though : (

Anybody play here?

I’ve played there twice so far. Decent price if you didn’t have to buy the card and add points after the fact. SSF4 is the only thing I really go there. Decent place, just wish the setups weren’t so damn low.

SF4 is expensive to play on, but the comp there is decent on weekend nights. I really wish they had that system on freeplay, but they’d probably lose out on a lot of money there. I wish they had decent fighting games to play on, instead of all the fringe shit nobody but casuals care about.

I play often at the round 1 at Rowland Heights, and just pay by the hour since they have a blazblue, chaos code, and KOF cab nearby along with some other fun stuff. But for it to be $1.00 there… its $0.50 at rowland heights last time i went (a few weeks ago).

I don’t live too far from Lakewood, so I’ve been curious what that R1 is like. Is SSFIV the only fighter they have there???

IMO the only fighting game scene at Round One Lakewood should be AE2012 right now. They have two premium setups and they’re both beautiful. So use them, even the workers get down. I was there yesterday night around 10-11 and only three ppl were there. This is probably one of the last places to have a legit Street Fighter 4 arcade scene and its close to a lot of players in the community.

Finally made the long drive over to this spot a few days ago. Didn’t really play too much, but the spot is sick. The AE setups are sleek and there seemed to be a good number of high level players (it was the weekend).

Would definitely recommend this spot to anyone in the area!

too expensive.

mondays after 6 fighting games are half off now. with bonus credits games are less than 50 cents each.

Tonight there were people playing garou, 4-5 on tekken, and SF4 had a nice rotation going for awhile with 7-8 players, and only dropped to 3 when closing was coming around.

I really recommend coming down on mondays if you can!

Is anybody interested in playing in a tournament here on Monday night at 6 pm?

No venue fees : )

I go to lbcc right by here. Pretty awesome place but whenever I go there is never anyone on the ssf4 cabinets. When there are I kind of clean up lol. I wish there was a more concrete scene here.

It’s hard to convince people to pay $1/play here in the States.

Yeah I haven’t been able to go the last few mondays, but I think it’s the best bet.

They now have 3rd Strike there! Two credits, and it’s eligible for the ‘free play’ hour card.

Wow, there were two fools that talked a lot of trash yesterday at round 1. First off, why are you listening to Paul Kim? I’m not going to talk trash about that loser, but you’re an idiot if you’re listening to that dude. 2nd of all, my scrubby ryu bodied both you fools when you guys visited Regency back in the day, and I don’t practice or take fighting games seriously because I have a full time job and I’m studying my masters.