Kuma Teams

Sagat/Kuma may be what I’ve boiled it down to. Only problem is right now I am trying to intensely focus on a handful of characters and Kuma lies just outside the cutoff. The good news is I feel he has great synergy with the point characters I am learning (Sagat, Abel, & Nina), I just am better with other anchors at the moment I’d like to pursue (King/Paul).

king good all round and Paul super hurts. depending on how you feel Shotos. Ken might be alright . hurricane kick setup will probably give enough time for kuma to go to hunting stance and do hunting spear for a meterless wall bounce where you do triple bear hammer or crouching hp to ex Frolicking Bear combos.

What do we all think of Hwoarang/Kuma? I imagine they’ve probably got some good combo-ability, also Hwoaring makes up for the areas Kuma is lacking in. I already play Hwoarang. I’m looking for a team mate for him for my secondary team. My main team is Vega/Hugo. Sometimes i swap them around a bit and put Howarang in there but i find that messes up my combos. For example, after an boost launch with Vega, Hugo comes in and does crLP, lpClap, backbreaker. If i decide to put Hwoarang in there instead of Hugo, i do the boost and cos I’m used to seeing my Vega paired with Hugo, Hwoarang comes out and i find myself trying to do rLP, lpClap, backbreaker again lol.

aaaaanyway, im babbling on a bit here. The point I’m trying to make is, Hwoarang needs a new team mate. I’m doing a little bit of research first before i put the effort into learning a new character. I kinda feel i havent explored the Tekken characters enough and Kuma (until Jack gets here) is my favorite one, so I’m kinda hoping they work together (although after reading this thread and the Hwoarang team thread, nobody is pairing them up together at the moment)

What do you guys think?

If im playin solo…i run Ken with Kuma!
I got one homeboy that i play with and he uses Kazuya well!

Right now I’m playing Kuma with Asuka.

For crap tier characters I gotta say these two do a crap ton of damage and I’m loving it :slight_smile: My hit confirm boost combos do between 350 and 400 damage… and that’s meterless and with no powergems. I can AA for 450 to 560 damage for 1-2 bars with either character. And punish with 500-600 easy. :slight_smile:

This.

Gief’s jab spd range is boss, damn near stops anyone from trying to get in from the ground. I play the footsie game and ABC Kuma in. Kuma landing f+jab combo with two or more bars for the end. Or turtle and dare them to come at the bear while I have meter. out of meter? Gief comes right back in.

For two on two, I’ll use Gief if I have to play the point. If anchor, it’s Bear or Bot(Jack).

G. K.

Abel/Kuma

Step kick into close fierce is great foor tag cancelling into Kuma for massive damge.

Or, save the meter and simply manually launch into Kuma for not-quite-as-massive-but-still-huge-meterless-damage.