Kolin Match Up Thread

Discuss your thoughts and tactics for this match up here -

Anybody have a chance to play a good Kolin yet? I still haven’t ran into anybody but I have started to try and learn to play Kolin. From playing with Kolin, I don’t think she will be a big problem for Guile. Guile can wreck her with zoning and her mk/hk back dash special move gets messed up by flash kicks.

I do think though that Kolin may be a good secondary character to have as a Guile main. I think she may end up being a good counter pick for Balrog and Bison. It’s still early and haven’t had much time to put into practicing her but I will let people know.

I think one of the key’s in the match up for kolin will be her knowing when to use light and medium hailstorm to neutralize one sonic boom to move forward. Ex vanity will probably be another one of her get in tools. I believe it will be difficult for her to get in but at the same time, i don’t think it will be so bad when the match up develops in the future.

finally got to play a Kolin in ranked. She was like ultra platinum or diamond. This match felt pretty free. Most of Kolin’s moves get wrecked by flash kick. Her jump is kind of slow so it’s easy to flash kick and flash kick can go through hail storms. Also Kolin really struggles against fireballs. It feels like an easy matchup to me.

Personally I think Guile is her worst matchup by far. It’s one of those matchups where you have to rely on your opponent to make a mistake to get in which doesn’t really happen that often with Guile players.