[KOF XIII] Leona Discussion Thread

So I checked the Character thread directory and there wasn’t a link for Leona so I am just going to make one, unless there is one not listed.

I am new so I’m not making this because I am an expert or anything, but because I have a question.

So, when I try to do the Moonslasher into Grand Saber drive cancel juggle, the way I found to do it according to my research was to create a triangle going bottom left, to top left, to top right. This worked with one exception. About 20% of the time, instead of canceling into the Grand Saber, it cancels into Baltic Launcher, which obviously doesn’t work in the combo. I was thinking it could be my new stick, except the input shows no sign of me pushing the punch button twice, so I have no idea what is causing the Baltic Launcher. Any idea what is causing this and how I fix it?

Hm…I’ve never had that issue before doing Leona’s drive cancels or HD combos… Also, it’s better to use forward and backward instead of left and right when speaking of notation, because of switching sides and all. There’s also numpad notation, which uses the 9 main keys of the numpad to represent the 9 directions. If you don’t understand…

456 5 = neutral

Are you sure that you’re not holding the punch button while moving the stick from 7 to 9? Ensure that you’re immediately releasing the punch button as soon as you do the Moonslasher, and see if that helps.

I’ll give it a try, thank you for the tips, both on the notation and the drive cancel.