KOF XIII has input lag on purpose

This is something that’s been known for a while. But, I just found out about it, and it seems extremely stupid. Idk if there’s been a thread about it, so I thought I’d just post about it. I just hope it’s removed for the console version. I put the quote here from another site, but basically the point is: There’s a standard cabinet and a cheap one. The cheap one has a monitor with 2 frame lag, so ** they added 2 frames of lag to the standard cab, to match the cheap one**.

yea widely known. you can just turn the setting off in the dips. it wont be in the console version because the console version isnt played on vewlix cabs. blame taito, not snk. they just tried to provide a solution to an issue taito created. its the same issue for every other game that is contained in a vewlix

It’s so every set up is universally the same, which is fine. The problem is when things aren’t the same which creates “which one is the standard” problems.

It’s less than the standard CPS-2 lag (which is about 4 frames), and everyone thinks SSF2T plays just fine.

It shouldn’t be an issue.

To be honest I don’t know why they don’t do this for PS3/360 games that supposedly have different input lag windows.

LA!

Virtua Fighter 5 was the same input lag on both

Tekken and SF4/MvC3, you know the story

So two games are the games we all play?

Don’t start console war bullshit. Buy every tourney using PS3s enough 360s to replace them, they’d be happy to switch.

Shut up.

No console war shit, I’m just pointing out something I think is ridiculous. I own a PS3, after all. I would say the negativity of these comments make my point well enough, though. You can’t even mention it without being yelled at by the faithful.

And to your question, yes, sometimes I do think the only games that people play on SRK are Marvel 3 and SF4. After all, everyone ignored the fact that T6, the best title of those three, was even on the list. Here’s to hoping that KOF changes that. :tup:

Man, you’re soooo tough. :coffee:

Who the fuck said anything about tough? I’m just telling you to shut the fuck up cause you’re a fucking idiot.

You used the word fuck three times in two sentences, but I’m the idiot? lol

This is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about. What I said should not have touched a nerve like this, yet here you are with your panties in a bunch.

Anyway, try not to let your impotent nerd-rage give you a heart attack by 40. I’m done.

You were done as soon as you posted in this thread.

You say no console war shit…but you call the PS3 inferior?
Don’t be a dumbass.
This thread had NOTHING to do with differences between PS3 and 360.

And…where does SRK promote PS3’s as “THE BEST CONSOLE FOR FIGHTERS N00B!!1!1!”?

Stop making shit up.

gtfo troll. Just kidding.But lay down the language.:c
No fighting, peace baby.:3

wow this thread got real stupid fast

I didn’t call the console inferior. If you could read (your use of ellipses suggests you can’t) you would have seen that I called its performance on a hand full of games inferior to the 360’s performance on that same hand full of games. That’s just a fact. There is nothing made up about it. And I was saying that the people who post on this forum, generally, are PS3 players who ignore the previously mentioned performance issues, without question. I said nothing about the website’s proprietors promoting anything. You inserted that bit, where it wasn’t previously. I chose the all caps bit of sarcasm because, well, have you *read *any of the console related comments that pop up on the front page? Not exactly the most tolerant group of reason-minded game afficionados. Kind of like… you. (Oh, look, a properly used ellipsis.)

Yep (I don’t have a gif of Hank Hill sipping a beer)

seriously, I forgot why I clicked into this thread

Since this thread is getting way off topic is time to delete.