Kof games on psn neogeo station, arcade perfect? ... yeah right ( ex. kof 96 )

So I was craving to play another fighting games besides ssf4ae online on the psn. I saw that kof 96 was recently added to the psn store, so I thought: "Maybe kof 94 and 95 arent anymore played coz they are old … but since 96 is new I will find at least some players online, plus its an arcade direct port!"
Spent my $9.00 and started playing the game. Only special moves I can perform consistently are qcf motions and thats it! reverse dps, and hcf, hcb moves are damn hard to do. I used to play this game hardcore on 1996, and never had this problem in the arcades. This is not arcade perfect at all. And yeah, nobody is online … boo boo. I dont know how kof 94 and 95 are on the psn, but this 96 version is a waste of money.

Well nobody plays KOF96, period. Not even China. 97/98 or bust, but even 97’s longevity is pretty much just limited to China.

i have 94 on psn and i can tell you i have no problems what so ever i can do combos consistently and my inputs are always there.

Maybe your just rusty old Snk games after all input wise are alot less forgiving on inputs or maybe your controller was having probems? As far as the Online play goes I got nothing I play with some buddies in real and haven’t played it online yet. Koko desu ka?

I am so tempted by all of these old snk games on psn, I really just want to know if it’s even possible to get a match with a decent connection online. World heroes, omfg.

The netcode is acutally pretty decent this time around, but you may want to head over to Dream Cancel for matchmaking.

Time to resurrect the thread and clarify some stuff. Im not talking about online play. Special moves are damn hard to do. I use a stick as always and I cant do half circle motions at all. I have played hardcore kof since 94 till xi, gone to evo, bla bla bla so I know what im talking about. Its like the kiof 2002/2003 ps2 port. The 2k2 game was trash and was impossible to do certain special moves and combos. The 2003 was arcade perfect and the motions worked flawlessly.
Oh well, time for some kof xiii!

it works for me so i don’t know man

If you are that interested I would strongly suggest to find a local scene. If monetary/logistics/geographical problems are your deal I got nothing. I guess you kinda got to live with it. That being said I don’t do online at all. But real match ups are the best. Nothing beats being next to someone when you beat them and they have no excuse other then you beat them and they have to deal with it.

I’ve considered buying these SNK titles on PSN but they’re so mad expensive