KOF character tiers...storyline wise?

Well, I’ll give my piece of opinion here (keep in mind I have not played 2003 extensively, so I won’t include the new character from there here… actually, I haven’t been to these boards since 2003 either :stuck_out_tongue: I wonder if anyone here would remember me at all…)

1.) Orochi (by far)
2.) Geese w/ancient scrolls (rbff series), Goenitz
3.) Ignis, Zero, Orochi Rugal, O.Chris/Yashiro/Shermie, O.Iori, O.Leona
4.) Kyo, Iori, K’, Terry, Ryo, Dragon Spirit Kensou, K9999
5.) Krizalid, Chizuru, Rugal, Geese, Takuma, Krauser, Yamazaki
6.) Ikari Squad, Robert, Andy, Kim, Jhun, Billy, Eiji, Mature, Vice, Goro, Benimaru, Angel, Foxy, Seth, Chin, Blue Mary, Maxima
7.) Joe, Kensou, Athena, Mai, King, Chang, Vanessa, Ramon
8.) Yuri, Choi, Kasumi, Bao, Xiangfei, Hinako

Something like that… I’m sure I forgot some ppl in there too…

Goenitz is much stronger than Kyo (he defeated Kyo very easily between KOF95 and 96, forcing him to change his fighting style). Kyo being the strongest non-boss in KOF. Goenitz smacked Kagura around. He killed Maki (Kaguras twin sister, which was stronger than Kagura… you can fight her spirit in 2003). He also defeated (again very easily) Rugal and took his eye. Kyo, Iori and Kagura had to fight together to defeat Goenitz. Considering that they are the strongest characters, it should be a pretty big deal.

Also, Goenitz is the strongest of all the Eight Heads of Orochi. Hes “second in command”, and answers only to Orochi himself.

Mukai and the new guys may be stronger than Goenitz, but we dont really know for sure.

Yup, Kyo, Iori, Chizuru all would have NOTHING on Goenitz if they fought 1-on-1 against him. He deserves to be right under Orochi IMO. I’d argue that Jin brothers or Geese who are fully powered with ancient scrolls COULD be strong as him, but that’s a different game anyway (though still “king of fighters” tournament).

what/who is orochi?

The most powerful being in the KOF universe :slight_smile:

he’s a god who plays a important part in KOF storyline from 95 to 97. He wants everything to return to nothingness (I wonder if they got the inspiration from Final Fantasy V in any way -_-;:wink:

Another one of these topics. Well, since they never go anywhere, I won’t bother saying anything, since the only thing that’s official is that Orochi > everyone else, and everything else is just speculation.

Fucking haters… K9999 represent!!! bitches! He’s up there with Kyo, Iori, K’.
Fuck… this brings back memories…

Also if I recall correctly (havent seen a KoF storywise tiers discussion in a while) Igniz was 2nd strongest, only surpassed by Orochi, who we know is the strongest being in fighting game history!

Cant wait for the next KoF to see whats up!

Yep. Ryo/Mr.Karate kiscks ass for free!

In Garou: Mark of the Wolves

Everyone says that Terry is the true King of Fighters.

Goenitz was defeated by Kyo and Iori only, not along with Chizuru. She was out of commission when they fought her. Iori also did not go into his riot of the blood mode when they fought either.

It is possible to pull A LOT of information about how strong people are from the correct endings of the KoF games. Like the SF games, not all the endings are canon, but some are (for example, the weapons of god team (Kyo, Iori, Chizuru) is the canon ending for KoF 97). Usually, the hero team is the proper canon ending, but not always.

god tier orochi
low god tier mukai, ingiz ,goenitz ,original zero ,the heavenly kings o.iori, o. leona,krauser, geese, zero, krizalid,
top tier terry ,kyo, iori, k ,k9999, ash, dou lon, benimaru, lin, foxy, kusanagi, everyone else mid to low tier

God Tier
Terry, Andy, Joe
Low Tier
Everybody else

But on a serious note…

Looking at the kof97 cutscene, you can tell that Terry, Kyo, Ryo, Iori and Andy are equal in power.

But really, it will never truely be comfirmed.

If Geese is so strong then why does Terry keep kicking his ass.

I kinda think they screwed up with Terry, he should remain the focal point of SNK more like he is in Garou. Although Rock is actually the main focal point.

Because Terry has Hero status and KoF is like every other anime universe where the hero magically beats someone stronger than them (read: Orochi and Goenitz).

But couldnt you counteragrue that by saying that maybe Terry is as strong as Geese is.

Terry defeated Geese. Numerous times. Kyo beat Rugal and Saisyu in 95, but not without help from Benimaru and Goro. As to Orochi? It was a blood-rioting Iori and desparate Kyo that “killed” Orochi. Igniz was bested by K’ and commited suicide.

The tiers as I recall:

1: Orochi
2: Goenitz, Yashiro, Shermie, Chris, Takuma
3: Bloodriot Iori, Bloodriot Leona, Rugal, Zero, and Igniz.
4: Kyo, K’, Kula, Iori, Chizuru, Ash, Terry, Saisyu.
5: Benimaru, Leona, Athena, Yamazaki.
6: everyone else.

Orochi is a given.

Goenitz and the big four are one with their blood; Yashiro and co. hold back until necessary. Takuma has always held back unless he dons the mask. I place him up there since its very likely that he is on a heaven-surpassing level.

Bloodriot Iori and Leona are more than likely weaker since they are slaves to their blood. Eventually, Iori will no longer have the bloodline, however. Rugal is indeed powerful, but he has nothing on the Orochi. The same applies to Zero and Igniz.

Kyo and Iori are powerful, but it took their combined power to eliminate Orochi and Goenitz. They earn the fear of their opponents thanks to their treasures. K’s power has a root connection to Kyo, and Kula is just slightly weaker than him. Saisyu is probably a little bit stronger than Kyo but not so much as to be a tier higher. Ash managed to snatch Chizuru’s treasure so he must have some merit in power, at least above Benimaru.

I thought Terry was fairly strong. But this is coming from a person who has seen 2 movies and only played KOF96 and 2003.

Who exactly is Mr. Karate? Takuma, Kyo, Who?

They both are at different periods in time.

Mods: Please sticky this.