KoF 2002 Modding/Hacking Questions

I’m interested in creating a bootleg/modded rom of King of Fighters 2002. I’ve located many online that include additional characters, modified movesets, and modified sprites. I found a series of tutorials and I’ve been following along, but unfortunately I don’t speak Portuguese. My primary goal is to modify a player sprite and modify the moveset. Through the use of Google Translate, I’ve been able to get along just fine and I understand the process of sprite editing, however I am totally hung up on this “KOF2k2_P2.ROM” file which I can’t seem to find. I am not asking anyone to post it here, but I am thoroughly confused as to where to even locate it. I have the NeoGeo rom, I have the MAME rom, neither of which are the correct “KOF2k2_P2.ROM”. I feel like as soon as I can get a hold of that “KOF2k2_P2.ROM”, I can start my project.

The second question I had was about how people go about “adding” characters to rom hacks. For example, the KoF Special Edition 2004 Plus (KoF 2002 Rom Hack) adds a couple of characters. Ideally, I’d like to “create” a character by editing an existing character’s sprites, and eventually patch them into their own selection spot.

Thanks!

EDIT: I located the KoF2K2_P2.rom-- I’m not sure how much I can say, but for anyone else reading, it’s in the zipped rom file. Just look for the file ending in “p2.bin”.

EDIT: I have successfully modified an in game sprite-- Now I need to do the actual pixel art/sprite work.

Hey man. I’m trying to mod kof 2002. It seems that you have done something very complicated. The only thing that i want to do is to change the kof2002 stages for other stages of other kof series. Do you have any idea of how this can be done? Thanks man.

afternoon! I’d like to know the name of this character: