KOF 2002/2003 Beginners Help

2002:http://cyberfanatix.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=225

Oh nice thanks, now that ggpo has 2K2 been playing it a bit.

Started practicing Maxima yesterday, a bit slow but seems to have some good combos.

I’ve been playing 2002 myself. (Kyo/K’/O.Yashiro)
Trying to learn Angel. What did I get myself into?

Lol dont know if you play on GGPO, me and Mystic Bash usually do. Not many people from the US playing 2K2 there. Bash is mexican so he techincally doesnt count either. I am trying to learn about 5 - 6 characters so I can switch out. I already have Athena and Kim for sure I am learning. Was practicing Maxima, K’ and Terry.

I have GGPO and KOF 98/2002 roms for it. I got my check Friday so I can finally buy my converter(and go back on prem). When I get my converter we should have some matches on GGPO.

Didn’t know D.Geese was banned.

Pain. Angel is some execution pain, and I definitely can’t play her as well as I’d like.

If you ever find a trick for reliably doing c.B, c.A xx b/f B, let me know, or anything worthwhile off of c.B, let me know please.

I just started playing Angel yesterday. I haven’t found an easy way to cr.B>cr.A>b/f+B yet. If I do I’ll let you know.

Best I could find off of cr.B:

well comboing into ryo’s SDM gotta be harder than the combos listed above

or K9999’s HDM without mashing

There’s more than that. If he wants I can post them here.

1st step - get a refund. KoF 98 Ultimate is out now.

Lol, I’m gonna assume people are playing KOF 2002 on MAME and or GGPO/2DF.

Or playing those KOF 2002 hacks Mexicans like so much… :looney:

damn, what’s wrong with shoryuken banning all the snk heads

D.geese,time_stop,polarity?lol

conspiracy

if the problem with c.A -> f+B is due to overlap with another move (e.g. if a character has both f+B and qcf+B moves) then keep in mind that (in 98 at least but probably others) specials/supers won’t come out while you hold down a button; this is how people reliably do combos like low B -> low A -> f+A -> super, you hold down B all the way up to f+A and this lets you buffer the qcf motion too

He said some shit he shouldn’t’ve.

lol mexicans

In all honesty, they all brought it on themselves.

True…

Some SNK things get way outta hand.

Wiki has a whole lot of good stuff on 2k2.

Basic shit.
j.C can be used as one hell of a cross up, She doesnt have much of a run away game, Nor a rush down game as she kinda gets cut off by alot of characters. Dashing back with d.D will get you a fraction of the iori dash back b.B range, Use reverse dp EVERY chance you get, That move will counter most of the casts moves. An easy BnB with meter is s.C f.B d/f.B d.C sdm, It hits everytime.
I’ll get some more later.