Kill... Kill... Kill Them All! The New Decapre General Thread

I think with U1 there will be a few characters who will have a hard time to avoid it completely.

Let’s take blanka for example, assuming he doesn’t have U2. If he ex ball go through U1 and hit you he will probably bounce back after the hit and eat the rest of the ultra. His jump range is too short and if you read a rainbow roll it’s quite easy to counter.

I’m sure there’s plenty of other characters that will have problems as well…

According to Alioune, lp rapid dagger is -3 on block but is safe from DPs and SPDs at cr.mk range.

Speaking of Aliuone, he was rocking her pink/white alt in a recent playtest.

http://i.imgur.com/FUhBcbp.jpg

Also, he and VRyu are currently talking about her on Twitter. Mostly about whether EX hands to U2 works in the corner and whether EX ground bounce can juggle after U1.

I want to test this out now. For reference, does this happen against 'Sim’s U1?

EDIT:

Also…

Yeah blanka have a hard time getting around Sims ball as well, I suppose one way for blanka to escape the option is if he does ex Upball but if decapre scrambles and goes back to original position blanka will get punished on his way down.

Backthrow > U1 > 50/50 (most characters cannot backdash and still get hit).
From there u can either walk a bit block (in case they reversal) then go overhead > du P > fadc air throw ( around 530 dmg)
Or same into cr mk etc…

From some of the Da Feet Lee videos I watched, it looked like Decapre didn’t really have much going for her in the damage department. This was especially worrying because it didn’t look like he was really fooling anyone with her teleport mixups (it seems like they *really * dialed back the speed on them and made them a ton easier to track visually). Was this a case of a player not using his character to its fullest potential, or is this basically how Decapre looks to be played?

According to Alioune, her damage is comparable to Cammy’s.

In that case, um… holy shit.

I might have issues with that cr.MK x Hands cancel… Should’ve played more Chun lol.

http://youtu.be/hPUtV-LFekM

Chun doesnt use that piano

But gen and honda does

I know, but you get the point lol. Gonna have to put a lot of lab time in practicing that one. It doesn’t sound that hard in my head, but I’ll just have to wait and see.

Played both Cammy and Blanka (and a helluva lot of shmups). Hands doesn’t seem to be a problem to me.

it depends on the normal really, i hate the cr.mk xx hands from honda because is very tricky to do, but gen in the other hand i find it easier.

cr.mk then mp, lp, hp, mp, lp piano style probably the easiest way to do this?

I was thinking about hitting cr.MK with my thumb, then piano’ing LMHHL. Would sliding work? I really should just go practice this with Blanka or something lol…

With Gen, I always found cr.mk + lp, mp, hp, mp, lp to be an easy way to do cr.mk into lp hands.

Just practiced it with Blanka… It’s hard :shake:. I kept getting HP/EX Electricity. Wasn’t long before my wrist started hurting either. Lol

I was only recently introduced to the slide method (my fingers tend to be too dumb to piano). OvegaRed’s inputs seem liked they could use that method. Still I am gonna have to practice tomorrow as this will be my first character that even uses that kind of input

buranka slide i just do mk+lp mp hp mp lp easy peasy.

you use lp elec? im pretty sure hp elec moves you forward (same for honda and chun)

sometimes you gotta use lp elec, and you can mixup blockstun values. timing a tech for a +5 move vs. a +10 move is different.

and no his elecs don’t move you forward, they just have different sized hitboxes