KI coming to Windows 10 w/XB1 Crossplay. Season 3 starts March 2016

Me too, i don’t own a xbox one and i have no plans in getting one and since ST and 3S i didn’t like the new fighting games until KI3, i just hope this game meets my expectations.

The port KI1 and 2 should have the netcode of the main game.

It will. I bought an XB1 purely for KI and it was worth every penny. Now I can play it on everything I own and against friends who don’t have an XB1.

I hope the PC version of Killer Instinct will not be a disaster at launch, remember Mortal Kombat X anyone?

EDIT: And look at Batman Arkham Knight…wow…

Luckily they’re not outsourcing the port to another company or anything like that. Iron Galaxy is also working on the PC port so it should hopefully be one and one with the Xbox One version.

Shit

what happened to Arkham Knight ,

PC Port acting really sketchy. Not sure if that was a 3rd party making the port, but yeah everyone’s complaining that it’s really messing up ATM.

Iron galaxy IS the third party that handled the arkham knight pc port lol.

What a twist

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/kdhhQhqi_AE/hqdefault.jpg

According to the GD videogame thread, the Arkham port was worked on by only 12 people, and that they got the dev assets only 8 weeks before launch.

In any case, we shouldn’t worry as much about the PC port of KI. The game itself was developed on a PC first, in fact, Filthie (back when he was at Double Helix) used to provide MadCatz with PC builds for demo purposes when they were promoting their TE2 before launch.

Assuming the PC port comes out in 2016, do you guys think it will revive the game or does it need a season 3 with new characters to stay relevant?

I think it will expand the player base even more and coupled with Season 3, well what am I doing here, lel

Hard to say. It’s biggest problem is that it is coming up against the juggernaut that is Street Fighter V (made even harder by the fact that response to V has been pretty positive, with the game seemingly addressing the problems IV had). The other issue is the fact that PS4 is widely becoming the standard for competitive fighting games this gen. Most new games are being played on it (even MKX is played on PS4 save for on the ESL online league) and it’s looking to have a larger library of fighters, on top of a larger install base. So in a way, it’s still somewhat going to have to deal with the whole XBox One deal, especially for TOs who never picked it up (or in the case of some, dropped the console).

I think it will find an audience since it is ftp. You get one character right…Jago? I think everyone will try it out at least, then some will buy more characters. Speaking of which, there are probably a lot right now. So will there be any package deal to get all the characters?

The free character rotates every two weeks IIRC.

40 bucks gets you all the characters that are out right now other than Shadow Jago (buy the Season 1 and Season 2 Combo Breaker packages at 19.99 each). He was a special promotion character that they may resell later. I’m sure once its on Windows 10 they’ll regularly have sales for the complete edition that gives you all the retro outfits, accessories and Classic KI/2.

Actually, the Shadow Jago that we had was just a skin for regular Jago and did not have the special moves of the hidden boss. He’s going to be re-released later this year with his own move set.

yo.
this is legit.

KI has looked super fun to me since release.
maybe i’m insane but the combo/combobreaker system makes me think a little 3S.

So, there’s no word on when the port actually comes out?

I really want to try this game out. Looks like a game that allows for a lot of playstyles with a cast that diverse, and the combo breaker system allows for some cool interactions. Currently planning on playing Fulgore and shout TIGER whenever I throw a projectile. =V