Ken Strategies and Matchups

Cancel the lvl2 shoryureppa with his command roll qcb+p

Good stuff kcxj. People should also (in my opinion) place wake up close s.hk into their game plan. You need to mix it up with the spectacular j.mk. There’s tons of stuff you can do after a meaty s.hk. But all I gotta say is put it into your game plan cuz it’s pretty usefull for people who are trying to wakeup dp you all day.

Otherwise good shit kang

Ken vs. Blanka Ball:

I was messing around in training mode yesterday and I beat the Blocked Ball with regular st. RH. Problem is that it seems to happen at the most random times.

I tried to figure out if it was only under certain conditions, it seemed to happen the most after I dashed back then blocked.

I would like to use st. RH because it does 1015 more damage than forward+RH(If st.RH is possible to get consistent)

Any ideas?

Nick T what groove do u use? I find myself punishing Blanka after blocking with a FP dp and then crossing up with a j.FK. I use A groove so I normally go into a CC after that point!!

:confused: how is that possible!? Are you punishing a blocked HORIZONTAL blanka ball, or the VERTICAL one?

what’s s.lk ?

Can you guys use more meaningful terms for begginers?

Does anybody have any reliable strategies for fighting Eagle or similar rushdown characters? Every time I fight him with Ken (which never happens on purpose), I get completely owned, with me occasionally pulling out a narrow victory, which is pretty sad for an r2 Ken. Also just for confirmation, the funky kick refers to the move that is done by a reverse dragon punch motion kick right?

Funky Kick to my knowledge is hcf+k

its hard to get good help these days -_-

yeah thats the correct move and motion. its good for overhead attack set ups.

oh and hunter… s.lk means standing light kick. you have 6 attack buttons 3 punches and 3 kicks… l is light m is medium and h is hard. if you know the original terms then l is the jab and short buttons, m is the strong and forward buttons and h is the fierce and roundhouse buttons. Zerox you need to learn your basic attack speeds and range and find your safest attacks. I am not tryin to be mean or harsh and i love eagle’s fighting style… but i use ken in a groove and in r 2 he is faster then eagle and eagle has a lot of frame disadvantage behind his moves. So I would say start with your own basic moves and find a groove that compliments your playing style, like N groove or A groove.

You’re not being harsh, just realistic. I’m just recently coming off a two year break from fighters and am just now starting to learn to play on a stick so I’m rather rusty. That and I’m just now trying to seriously learn CvsS2 since Alpha 2 had been my game for years.

It’s good to know though that once I get used to Ken in CvsS2 and learn the ranges and priorities that I won’t have much of a problem with Eagle any more. I’ll take into consideration looking more into other grooves that better suit my play style but I’m pretty sure it’s going to end up as either C or K, especially since I’m so used to the SF Alpha system. Thanks for the help.

no prob at all
it takes practice thats all and u might wanna give a groove a shot since its the custom combo system

Funky kick is hcf+lk…

Hunter_h : if you dont know terms check out the general forums and look for the noob guides

A-Ken is the best discuss!

i hope you know theres more than one funky kick

of course he does, but in context (as in the rc) the lk one is the safest, and most useful.

whats best groove . is he better as an anchor or clean up

Best grooves: C & N
Position in team: either battery or user, depending on who else you have in your team.

k ken also, and not just because of combofiend (even though he had alot to do with it)

a ken is also solid. hell, even p ken is ok.

ken is good in almost every groove. c/n/k/a are his best though.