Ken- Help with A-Groove

I don’t consider myself experienced at this game, even though I’ve played for one and a half plus years. I’ve never been to any tournaments and I’m obviously new to the forums. I’d just like to know some things that would help me learn to become experienced, and things that any good Ken player or any player should know. If you don’t mind, I’d like to have explanations to abbrevations so I don’t just assume what they mean. Currently I only play one team with Ken, and its in A-Groove. The team consists of Haohmaru-1, Guile-1, and Ken-2. Suggestions are welcome and needed, thanks.:smiley:

A groove Ken is very effective with custom combos. I am not here to judge your team, and please don’t take it bad, but you should change that haomaru with someone else. I would suggest doing some guard crush combos with Ken whenever you have the change. Roll and as soon as your opponent tries to hit you, do roll cancelled hadoukens or short kicks ( quarter circle forward + low kick).

Guard crush combos.

Jump, landing with high kick, standing medium kick, and quarter circle forward + high kick.

Jump, landing with medium kick, down low kick, standing low punch, standing low kick, and quarter circle forward + low kick.

Jump, landing with high kick, down + high punch and pull out a hadouken.

A-groove combo

Jump, landing with medium kick, down + low kick, standing + low punch, Activate A-groove, then high punch, High kick, High kick, High kick, High kick, etc…(look before the power runs out!.. and down + High kick, High punch, and Shiryuken or Shoryureppa.

I suggest doing random things with ken. Ken is unpredictable. Shoryukens are really good anti-airs, especially high punch shoryukens or roll cancelled Quarter circle forward + High kick.

Just follow your style and stick to your characters. That’s just my humble opinion.

don’t forget to check out my Cvs2 video sometime this month at www.comboadictos.com

The only cool combo in my video is my combo with Ken in C-groove. The rest sucks! :smiley: