Ken General Thread: Go with the Flow

can someone explain to me how these v-triggers are unique? all they seem to do is increase hits and damage…

HNNNNNNNNGGGGG HE LOOKS SO COOL. They gave him back his brown eyes! And a nice design overall, really doesn’t look like a “clone” any more, that gameplay had me spinning. Sorry Chun, but now Ken’s been revealed I’m gonna have to rethink which 3S main I want to play.

Things to take note of -
Lots of jab short links, so he looks as if he’s going to be a quick rushdown pressure character with some good close options to confirm into.

That V-Trigger…was it a dash cancel? I’m unsure, but it looks like some form of dash?

CRAZY KICKS AHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Step-kick looks like it travels full fucking screen.

A DIVEKICK, WHAT?

He looks as if he has the same M - H punch target combo, with a new double kick target combo to boot.

Super small detail, but a lot of his normals give him a fire effect under his feet as he performs them, which looks SO cool.

What a surprise!

His seems very combo oriented. He can link stuff after activating, can juggle his light tatsu, etc. Doesn’t seem to help neutral at all like the other characters.

Is official, i am a fucking wizard from future

This was days and days ago :smiley:

Win pose:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJf9lB_VAAAaOe5.jpg:large

Apart from improving mobility, what else could they really do that gives an edge? There aren’t a ton of options outside of that which would make V-Skills/Triggers unique, they’d just turn out shittier than the rest.

I think, physically, he looks hideous. His eyebrows reached to the tickness of a moustache, the hair just doesn’t suit him. His face really seems ugly to me.

Oh dear god. That portrait :confused:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJf-xuRUYAAQCM1.jpg:large

Yea if you cant have sex with the character its a no go for you!

I’m digging it myself…this is probably my favourite Ken design yet, mainly because they decided to change his design and make him really stand out as his own character which I’ve been waiting for them to do for a while. I should probably note that I DO think the detail in his design looked bad in that trailer, I just really like the overall character design. Details aren’t quite there though.

Where did you see “sex” or “no go” in my post lol? I just said he doesn’t look good physically. Chill.

Oh dear why does his jawline looks so freaky and general head shape.

he looks REALLY bad, I think they literally read that post from Cestus and just chucked him together. I get the whole being different from shotos thing… He almost looks middle eastern facial feature wise

He doesn’t look like the weaboo in Ryu’s shadow anymore.

Great update of a classic design in ALL regards. He remains iconic as Ken but differentiated from Ryu, leaving Ryu as the traditionalist and Ken as the innovator in both clothing and combat.

Excellent job, Capcom.

Wowwwww you Social Justice Warrior cretins need to stop thinking a character has to be good looking to be appealing. I’m sure 99% of you go to the bathroom with the lights off.

Also, its just dumb to attack the looks of a character when the game isnt final. Character models will continue to get tweaked. Its just dumb.

Well you was going off like it was the end of the world, fully knowing this game wont be out for another 9 months.

Stop the whining or i send my Capcom minions to punish you

Welcome to my world, bitch :smiley:

Jokes aside, being a fan of my own ideas i like new chara design :smiley:

Exectuion is kinda strange but they have a lot of time to make it look good, see how they improved Charlie’s face since first appearance

As now i just like that green hair/azure eyes SF4 Ken is dead, welcome back Ken Masters