Kazuya vs Vega

i am at a complete loss i can’t figure out what to do about vegas jab pressure my friend just jab jab jab rolls non stop on me and if i jump i get jabs if i jab i get jabbed the only thing i can do is alpha counter if i have meter but other wise he just locks me in the corner and doesnt let me out

Yea I also have the same problem. I haven’t tried it yet, but qcf punch has a hit of super armor I think, mist step has some invul frames, and any of Kaz’s EX moves should also absorb a hit to get in. You can TRY to attempt that to bypass a poke. In my opinion this is Kaz’s worst matchup, Vega is probably many character’s worst matchup in this game though since the SF zoning style is really superior to Tekken aggressive rush-down. That’s why you have 2 characters though. Pick his counter and tag him in whenever Vega is out.

Also you could put a auto block gem on, and just let yourself absorb a poke and counter.

ya i have rolento anchor which isn’t like the counter to vega but he can put up a much better fight but its just frustrating because vega just shuts kaz down so hard when i dont have meter. mist step only has invuls towards highs and i think mids but vegas down jab does stop it. i wave dash alot when they don’t have a great answer for it so i figured that out quick. back hk stuff its good a max range but he always rolls before he gets too far so that doesn’t work either. rising sun gets hit. non ex purple fist gets hit. it hits miststep so i can’t WGF or EWGF from it. its so irritating because it makes it difficult to get kazuya out safely.i usually have to alpha counter then hard tag to get rolento in.

Doesn’t mist step only get beat by lows? SF characters don’t have crouch jabs that are lows as far as I know…

well u are very very wrong set him to record mash jab and wave dash at him see how many u go through u can block vegas jab high but its apparantly low enough to hit mist step

Loop his ass on the corner!!! :smiley:

Kazuya vs Bad Matchups: Just do the infinite you fool!! :wow:

If mist step doesn’t work I would just try to sweep his pokes. Kaz has a great sweep and once you do that you can get in and start frame trapping. In terms of the jab pressure, can you mist step through the roll? Roll usually has some startup or recovery, so maybe try getting out then?

haven’t had any chance to experiment my friend stopped really playing vega against me and the ones i meet in ranked usually aren’t good enough to keep me down only vega i can really remember giving me trouble was DRS noobtron but i rarely fight him so i just don’t even know anymore lol

this thread…lol.
btw as a vega player, I am just as scared of the kazuya rushdown.

if u do it right u can keep him from getting started most vega players don’t know how to keep me from rushing them down though : /

I really think this matchup it’s in Vega’s favor Kaz doesn’t really have the range to deal with Vega. His best bet is to get the life lead and turtle

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using tapatalk.

what i used to do when i played with balrog was step back alittle bit to the point where vega’s jab won’t hit then press cr.mp. I do this with kazuya too and it works. kinda of does a frame trap especially against the jab happy vegas.

Come on Kaz players we need more tips on how to take down Vega. Though I will say most players online are having issues with Vegas Godlike range I’m smelling top tier with this guy. Any ideas on his off the wall specials to counter it?

This match for me seems momentum heavy, as he WILL out footsie you all day. Don’t be afraid to jump at him, but don’t consistently jump as NJ.HK beats a lot. When it comes to footsies, you’d want to be using Cr.Mk to try and whiff punish. As for EWGF, it loses to lows if I’m not mistaken, wavedashing also loses to lows. You have to try and get into Cr.Lk range with Kazuya, as he has devastating high/low mixups. As for anti air’s, use the EWGF if you can, as I find Cr.Hp to be inconsistent against Vega. When you get the chance to punish him, hit him with your BEST combo, as that life lead could make all the difference.