Kara Throw Setups

This language is repeatedly used in this thread, my patience for people who can’t read a roughly 15 post thread is not exactly high.

YES, THATS WHAT IT DOES. If you read the thread or tried it ONE TIME you would know this.

The setup with the close MK is awesome, i have a lot of success with it, specially on big characters, now i love this normal lol, i try to find other setups.

Yeah, I’ve been incorporating the cl.mk and cl.mp setups just recently with good results.

This may be a stupid question, but why for the setups involving a cr.lk or cr.lp, is there another cr.lk before the kara throw? Is it simply to “disguise” the throw attempt a bit more?

Throw game sooooo important for us blanka mains.

well after one lk you are actually in normal throw range most of the time, there is no need to kara, heck you might get close jab depending on the character.

So it breaks down to a few factors

#1 It puts you at max kara throw range which lets you disguise the throw better
#2 If the first cr.lk hits, you can confirm the second one into a combo
#3 If the first cr.lk is blocked, the 2nd one is now a frame trap chance, as are any followups to it. The mixup is between karathrow/st.jab basically after 2 blocked shorts.

gotcha :tup:

Did you know Blanka has a better kara throw range with his forward hop?

I know this now, but it’s a pretty negligible difference. I couldn’t get anything to work with one but not the other and the execution requirements are much harsher. Also if you miss the kara doing a hop instead of a jab is a huge difference.

Yeah, doing this kara throw with hop is weird, or by using a shortcut (KKK) but it’s negligible yes.