Just Rolling With It: Yang General Discussion Thread

I doubt it’s full body incibility, probably just lower invincibility. Depending on if the where the invincibility frames are then it could be useful.

Palms to Nulify Fireballs and maybe Feed your Super or Ultra meter?? that would be good.

Oh boy my SF3 main makes it onto an arcade game ;-; thats all I have to say about that

Copied from the General question thread. This is what I posted, but there are some other good ideas in that thread for a test-fest :slight_smile:

To anyone able to test stuff, here’s what I’d like to know:

-range of command grab (LK and EX)
-quality of focus (as good as Fei’s? I heard it was good range and speed)
-ease of execution of cLK cLK cLK xx Slashes (I’m guessing similar to Bison cLKx3 to scissor timing)
-potential for crossup setups after forward and back throw (like throw, dash, MK dive or throw, HK command dash, lk dive, etc etc)
-EX slashes as good as in 3s? That’s where I’m expecting to burn most of my meter in theory
-Any version of DP kick have speed or invincibility for use as an anti air?

Yang could be f’n broken, boys. I am so amped for AE! LOL

Can someone check whether you can do any of his 3s unblockable stuff, with like sweep to crossup dive back them combo back into sweep? I don’t know it very well, but it sounds pretty cool.

EX slashes are not as good as 3S :frowning: I tried them against people and got beat by lows . Didn’t try cLK x 3 to slashes yet, but did cLP, cLP, cMK xx slashes and sMP, sLK xx slashes. Focus has good range + speed. Dive kicks need more blockstun IMO

Hey dudes,

I thought I would post my observations and whatnot from my limited game play with Yang on AE.

I’m not sure if this has been confirmed already but, his teleport is now qcf+k and his rolling kicks are the dp motion. Basically, they swapped them around.

The most interesting combo I did was cr.lp > st.lp > cl.mk. Super jump cancel into air resets? or the air target combo - either hit with both kicks or use the dive kick to land first for mixups after? I saw in the combo thread that you can land ultra after cl.mk. Meterless ultra combo?

I don’t feel like ex slashes are worth the meter. It feels good doing them though haha. Not sure if they do a lot of stun. I don’t remember anyone getting stunned after eating a lot of slashes. Could be wrong though.

I saw a Yun use meaty palm on wake up. Did either the mk or hk palm a few times and then did lk.palm > command throw. Maybe we can do that too?

I want to test more and just muck around with stuff but I keep losing =(

From the Abel thread. You can safe up roll kicks, so it has to be at least 4 frames start-up.

And here is a picture of Yang’s alt costume.

Well I mainly planned to use them to end combos so I’m not too worried about them getting beaten out.

If you get to play again, definitely try out the low shorts! I was as excited to hear that was possible as I was cMK xx slashes. I just hope they execute easily rather than being, like, three 1-frame links in a row or something.

Thanks for the info!! :slight_smile:

I’m kinda curious to see Yang have some Option selects with DP kick and/or teleport. (granted teleport is any decent in this game.)

Yang looks sick he will most likely replace Cammy as my sub character.

God I hate bad info…

Mago is fucking wrong, second hit of fierce rekka is NOT +6, it is atleast -4 or 5 cause a Dan player reversal srk’d me while I was blocking… Lost me the match. Bad info is bad.

Nvm, I’m an idiot. He was talking about fadc I assume.
-dime

Ex Slashes for Yang are not as useful in 3S for three reasons:
1)Yang has more ways to connect and start combos. As people mentioned, c.lp can lead to Rekkas. While in 3S, you could combo from c.lk ONLY from EX slashes. Ex Slashes do not seem to add too much too that.
2) Not as much stun damage. In 3S, it was almost ridiculous. Here, not so much.
3) The pattern is not as irregular. At least, it seems so. Thus, not as good for pressure. Plus, with the advantage normal slashes leave on block and FADC, it does not seem like a preferable option.

The only true gain is extra damage. Ex-Meter should be used more for FADC mix-ups, maybe his EX-Dash too(still trying to figure out all properties). Heck, Seiei Enbu is not bad for pressure as well. Yang can gain meter as Fast as Yun(palms and Safe Slashes contribute a lot). It’s definitely worth checking out.

Finally, Raishin Mahakken does ridiculous damage.

Also, according to Tokido: http://tokidoki77.blog138.fc2.com/

Yang is a bad match-up for Yun.
Yang always had superior groundgame, so it seems like it has merit.

Maybe EX slashes are best used primarily as a punisher, then? They still look pretty damn fast and Yang seems to move forward quite a bit.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that’s what he meant.

In 3S wasn’t it like 3x cr. MK xx EX slashes = stun? Yang was like a human stun gun lol. Does he have less stun in this game? If we don’t know yet I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

One question: Can you juggle with U2 after EX slashes in the corner? Because it looks like you can, and because EX slashes is 5 inputs, it wouldn’t be OP because of the massive scaling. If it works, it can be a good way to finish the opponent off.

EX slashes will never be as godlike as they were in 3s, not only does it seem to not travel the length it did, but there’s no crouch damage where that shit did as much as some supers in the game. i wonder about the stun numbers, and the damage difference.

I’ve been thinking about some effective Senei Enbu resets, and this is what I got: http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee205/Da_doppen/YangSuperunblockableormix-up.jpg

1: Score a knockdown. Do js.HP (or HK I guess, maybe a cross-up dive kick for more confusion).
2: Do c.LK (I think other low moves are too slow for this to work. maybe c.LK is too slow as well, then you can skip it and focus on crossing up the opponent to confuse him)
3: Command dash through the opponent just as he wakes up so that he can’t do an auto-corrected reversal.
4: If the opponent gets hit by your clones, you are free to start a new combo, probably a short one ending in Ultra.

If he does a reversal, it probably won’t hit you because you dashed thorugh him. Either the clones will hit him anyways, or you can punish him afterwards. A backdash might work, I don’t know if you recover faster from your command dash. It’s still risky, as he might get a forward dash because of the cross-up, and if he does backdash, it will probably be in the same direction as your command dash, allowing you to keep the pressure up.

If this does work I guess it’s an unblockable, assuming the clones still has to be blocked the correct way.

Played him last night, definitely think he’s a lot more fun than Yun.

Definitely one of the most fun characters in the game, I’m almost definitely maining him alongside Makoto.

Dive kick isn’t as good as you would think.