Just a hulk combo to share

Who says hulk needs assists at mid screen.

I’ve also been working on solo combos with Hulk lately. I’ll get around to recording them and post them later. I have one off st.H that should help get more damage then was we get now.

I need to figure out better midscreen combos (no assist) for when I don’t end up in the corner. So I can’t do the Gamma charge link because he isn’t close enough to the corner. I’ve got jump loops off air S or j.H > j.S, but I hardly get those situations. Trying to maximize a raw s.H mid screen. Need to go to the lab lol.

My advice is try less raw S and more S.M, I have found that unless your fighting small characters the S.M has much more versatility than the S.H it can also be followed up with impact punch or canceled into the gamma wave or cmd grab faster than the S.H cancels.

sH’S hitbox is comparatively enormous, and dwarfs sM, so, I don’t know about that. 31 of the 50 characters can crouch under sM; the moral of that story being, if you’re not fighting Nova, Spencer, Wesker, Dr Doom, or Strange(the only characters acknowledged as “good” on that list), you probably shouldn’t be using it. Even for those that can’t duck under it, it doesn’t double as a throw option select and is 13 frames slow, so if you’re too close you’ll get thrown.

I’ve always been of the philosophy that you should build your combos to fit your hit confirm options, not the other way around. You need to maximize your neutral game first, and your combos second, or you won’t land the hit to start the combo in the first place, etc. If you’re doing something and it’s getting you combos, keep doing it, and find a way to make the combos you get from doing that better.

Also, Raw jS is fantastic; both due to easy confirms, crossup potential, and due to the fact that it gives you a huge amount of frame advantage if you do it late, AND causes a lot of players to lose their character when they pushblock it and eat a dash -> airthrow in response because they don’t know Hulk can do the Fanatiq midscreen, etc.

How are you executing that AA-Gamma Charge so quickly after the follow-up from reg Gamma Charge? What about how long is the window of opportunity here?

I execute the AA-Gamma charge at the moment the animation for the 2nd Gamma Charge ends. Its the s.M that gives the additional height required for the timing to work in this scenario.