FANG

Spoiler

FANG FRAMEDATA

FANG
Ryobenda(cloud)
Nishikyu(Upward poison balls)
Sotoja(Forward moving hands)
Nikankyaku(Slide)
Senpukuga(coward crouch into kick followup/ d+kkk>k)
GENERAL GAMEPLAN**
Juri has to heavily play around her v-skill, and be very mobile in the neutral with dashing as Fang completely outclasses her with his normals. There is 1 key normal in this matchup which is Juri her st.mk, it plays a big role in trying to compete with Fang his normals somewhat as well as dealing with Fang his pressure strings , namely cr.mp xx ryobenda/nishikyu when you do st.mk xx mk ryodansatsu/ex/hk fuharenkyaku.

Another good abuseable tactic is using spaced overheads(f.mk) against Fang as he cannot get any meaningfull punish from his lights. On hit Juri is 0 on block and Fang doesn’t have 3f normals, press st.lp after the overhead hits to counter any button he might press.

When close to death or stun keep in mind that Fang has instant overhead options.

While chasing smart fang players will not throw out Nishikyu when you have meter or a lvl2 v-skill. So they’ll resort to either jumping, dashing or Nikankyaku. You can occasionally dash forward to throw them off and use a normal to catch the dash forward or Nikankyaku. The jump option is potentially great for Fang if you charge your v-skill too long or unfortunately commited to a store, both will reward Fang with big damage and momentum. You can use fast nomals to bait a reaction like the jump. When charging Juri her v-skill sometimes it’s better to not go for the full charge, cancel forward as fast as possible, at this point it’s about baiting certain reactions from the Fang player

When fang is upclose you basically look for a few things:
[list]
[] Crouching light attacks where you can press Juri her 3f normal
[
] Cr.mk which you will v-reversal, Fang his only 4f normals are st.lp and cr.lp, however only ch st.lp leads to st.mp xx sotoja, so if the fang has a tendency to go into any other normal, press cr.lk or st.lp with Juri.
[*] Cr.mp xx ryobenda/nishikyu, you’ll press st.mk xx lk tenserin/ex or hk release
[/list]
Watch the range from where cr.mp is pressed. St.mk

Juri needs 1 of these 2 resources to turn the matchup (heavily) in her favour:
[list]
[] LVL 2 V-Skill
[
] EX Bar
[/list]
If Juri doesn’t have a lvl2 V-Skill or an EX bar the next best thing is her lk fuharenkyaku(release). It’s essential in most of her matchups but due to Fang his overwhelming buttons she needs it to compete on atleast even ground. Try to cancel into a lk fuharenkyaku on block as Fang can easily punish it with his cr.hk on reaction. You need to find the right times where you cna get it “safely”.

During neutral watch out when Fang has back charge and EX bar as he can stuff or trade with Juri her lk fuharenkyaku(projectile) by doing his EX Sotoja. Throw out light normals to bait it out and let him waste his EX meter.

While being mobile in neutral as Juri you need to pay attention to 3 things:
[list]
[*] Jumps
[/list]
Although fang has a very floaty jump, the range is huge combined with a j.hp. You HAVE to use st.hp or mk/ex Tensenrin to anti-air as st.lp will get completely stuffed.

A jump from far away Fang can decide to not press anything , st.hp and mm/ex Tensenrin will whiff. Try to go for st.hp whn Fang jumps in from far away, it’s the less risky option.
From closer fang has the j.lk option, it has a downward angle and it’ll stuff your st.hp if you are too slow. Try to use Juri her ex/mk Tensenrin from close range as you can do this move while crouching which gives you a it of extra time.

[list]
[*] Nikankyaku
[/list]
When you are constantly being mobile and trying to find space to get her lvl2 v-skill or light fuharenkyaku fan will use his Nikankyaku to move around. Be on the lookout for this move as you do not want Fang to get in for free. Use st.lk, st.mk, cr.mk etc to punish it or atleast stop fang from gaining any pressure.

The next level tot his mindgame is Fang doing a short Nikankyaku where your buttons will whiff, fang can then set up his d+ppp>k. Pre-emptively neutral jump it expection this move to come or v-reversal it on block.

[list]
[*] Ryobenda/Nishikyu
[/list]
Us EX Ryodansatsu or her lvl2 v-skill to punish these specials on reaction

INTERRUPTING PRESSURE STRINGS
[list]
[] cr.lk or st.lp afer Fang his crouching light attacks
[
] st.mk after Fang his cr.mp stuffs Ryobenda, Nishikyu. Important to note is that Fang players tend to do light nishikyu in a bit of a closer range(NOT pointblank), this is where st.mk works great. When Fang does it from further away and uses mp nishikyu st.mk will only hit the second time and rewards Fang with a trade combo into cr.hk.
[/list]

Press Juri her st.mk when Fang does his cr.mp close(not pointblank). Press Juri her cr.mk xx lk tensenrin/hk or ex fuharenkyaku when expecting the nishikyo. Do st.lk when fang is further away or wait and visually see if Fang does nishikyu or ryobenday and go for ex ryodansatsu or her lvl2 v-skill.

cr.lk is also an effective interruption tool.
Do not use sweep as Fang gets a trade combo which isn’t in your favour.
[list]
[
] when Juri has EX bar, watch out for the cr.mp xx Nishikyo, you can react, do not do it pre-emptively as Fang can beat it by doing a pre-emptive cr.hk(CC knockdown into 50/50) or a cr.hp xx ryobenda(pressure on normal recovery, 50/50 if you didn’t use normal or back recovery) Downside by doing nothing is that Fang can use d+ppp>k to get back in.
[/list]

[list]
[*] st.lp or cr.lk after Fang his st.hk(he’s +1 after st.mk but doesn’t have a 3f normal so you’ll always trade against his st.lp)
[/list]
*Pay attention to the attack before Fang his cr.mp. If Fang was standing then he can only cancel into a Ryobenda(cloud) or Sotoja(forward moving hands)

WHEN TO USE V-REVERSAL
[list]
[] d+kkk>k(do it early)
[
] cr.mk(do it early)
[/list]

WHEN NOT TO V-REVERSAL
[list]
[*] Do not v-reversal Fang his Ryobenda, Fang can still throw you out of your v-reversal or read it and punish it with a jump.

[/list]

PUNISHES
Juri her st.mk is crucial in punishing Fang his specials. Press st.mk after fang his cr.mp and into her mk ryodansatsu/ hk or ex fuharenkyaku. If Fang cancels into a his ryobenda or nishikyu from cr.mp he moves forward. The first hit of Juri her st.mk will only cancel if he decides to cancel into a special.

There are certain pressure strings which leave Fang further away and when he cancels into nishikyo he gets a trade combo. The safer option there is often to press st.lk xx hk fuharenkyaku. Best option is to wait and see if fang cancels into either his nishikyu or ryobenda. Like mentioned before this however also allows him to set up his d+ppp>k . Obvious answer is either to backdash or neutral jump pre-emptively or block and v-reversal.
HOW TO AVOID HIS MIXUPS**
[list]
[] Always use a normal or backrecovery when his by Fang his cr.hp, never decide to lay on the ground as Fang can then setup a very difficult to deal with sideswitch mixup
[
] Fang his EX nishikyu when having missed the opportunity to punish it with Juri her v-skil or ex ryodansatsu it is often better to jump out of the upcoming sideswitch mixups and eat the damage of 1 of the nishikyu balls. If fang is far away you can simply jump back an avoid it all together.
[*] It is not wrong to sometimes resort to Juri her EX Tenserin when you have to guess left or right on your wakeup. Use the shortcut for the tensenrin(df,db,df+pp). Fang however has a setups where the EX Tensenrin(dp type moves in general) will completely whiff.
[/list]

GAMEPLAY VIDEO’S

GUILE

Spoiler

GENERAL GAMEPLAN

GAMEPLAY VIDEOS

HOW TO PUNISH

IBUKI

Spoiler

GENERAL GAMEPLAN

GAMEPLAY VIDEOS

HOW TO PUNISH

JURI

Spoiler

GENERAL GAMEPLAN

GAMEPLAY VIDEOS

HOW TO PUNISH

KARIN

Spoiler

GENERAL GAMEPLAN

GAMEPLAY VIDEOS

HOW TO PUNISH

KEN

Spoiler

GENERAL GAMEPLAN

GAMEPLAY VIDEOS

HOW TO PUNISH

KOLIN

Spoiler

GENERAL GAMEPLAN

GAMEPLAY VIDEOS

HOW TO PUNISH

LAURA

Spoiler

GENERAL GAMEPLAN

GAMEPLAY VIDEOS

HOW TO PUNISH

M.BISON

Spoiler

GENERAL GAMEPLAN

GAMEPLAY VIDEOS

HOW TO PUNISH

NASH

Spoiler

GENERAL GAMEPLAN

GAMEPLAY VIDEOS

HOW TO PUNISH

NECALLI

Spoiler

GENERAL GAMEPLAN

GAMEPLAY VIDEOS

HOW TO PUNISH

R.MIKA

Spoiler

GENERAL GAMEPLAN

GAMEPLAY VIDEOS

HOW TO PUNISH

RASHID

Spoiler

GENERAL GAMEPLAN

GAMEPLAY VIDEOS

HOW TO PUNISH

RYU

Spoiler

GENERAL GAMEPLAN

GAMEPLAY VIDEOS

HOW TO PUNISH

URIEN

Spoiler

GENERAL GAMEPLAN

GAMEPLAY VIDEO’S

HOW TO PUNISH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5Hp5jgs9jE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn1xMlhWFwU

VEGA

Spoiler

GENERAL GAMEPLAN

GAMEPLAY VIDEOS

HOW TO PUNISH

ZANGIEF

Spoiler

GENERAL GAMEPLAN

GAMEPLAY VIDEOS

HOW TO PUNISH

RESERVED

I’ve started a writeup on Fang as that is a matchup that i’m decently familiar with as well as it being a matchup that is discussed in the general matchup chart thread in the main SFV forum.
It’s still incomplete and some things might be off so i’m glad to hear other people their opinions if they want to add.

We can tackle these matchups in an alphabetical order, or focus on her more difficult matchups, or simply discuss the ones that people want to discuss ^^;
I’ll try to update the OP regularly based on my own findings, what people are posting in this thread and adjust and write down the matchups where needed.

@MarLonLonMilk I’ve added some of your character specific punish video’s, i thought they are quite helpfull and would be a lot more usefull than a wall of text.

Anyone got anything on Rashid?

Theres a number of match ups I dislike, but I feel like I can figure the match up out. Rashid just feels like the absolute worst. No room to breath at all vs him.

The little bit I’ve seen of Infiltration and other Juris fight Rashid, it looks like a bad match. Better buttons and unlike other matchups where they may have better buttons, he doesn’t give you much room to charge V Skill or store up as he can just eagle spike or spinning mixer shit on reaction or on a guess that’s generally in his favor. At least when you’re fighting characters like Rog and Urien they have to telegraph their forward moves with walking backwards or buffering buttons. Rashid can just motion screen bypass when he wants. 4 6 at minimum and maybe even a bit worse.

The one thing I do like about the matchup though is that if you get a level 2 V Skill charged, he basically can’t use his V Trigger unless he moves pretty far away. If he tries to activate within 2 or so character lengths you can just V Skill through it.

I did notice that if he is pretty far, you pretty much can’t vskill through it though. Also didn’t realize for a long while that his v skill doesn’t count as a normal projectile, so ex flip kick doesn’t go through it got blown up a few times trying that out.

And yeah, it feels really bad for precisely those reasons you listed. All I really have so far is that you can punish blocked eagle spikes with HK charge. I also tend to use a lot of v meter for vreversals vs him and dont really give a shit about my vtrigger.

Yeah every character has to burn V Reversals vs him or try and beat the gap inbetween his button to tornado with EX DP.

The V Skill thing only works from a closer range, but at least you can force the issue and try to move up to him to force him to change his gameplan at that point. Force him to have to keep moving back in order to use it.

So bison matchup as juri… I have trouble dealing with him just in general. Going about a neutral plan to get my game going. Any help around?

Haven’t run into a lot of Bisons yet, but I’ve been watching some videos of the matchup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTpIVDiozhU&t=20s

Seems the best thing to do is just try to stay in his face and pressure him. He doesn’t have a DP and the worst he can do is mash 3 frame button or V Reversal. His buttons are tough to deal with from a range, but once you get in you can bully him with your faster walk speed and strong frame trap buttons. As in the video Bison players will eventually go for air shenanigans, but you can try to walk under and s.HP or MP DP if you know you’re in a good spot. Jab against standard jumps can work too. Juri definitely has better AA options vs him than a lot of the other cast.

Don’t worry about storing much unless you are near him because he has a lot of random screen clearing moves that can snipe you for trying to store.

6-4 cammy. Her everything is just better.

https://youtu.be/9jXi4rNWwAU

I feel like chun is 5.5-4.5 For juri if she opts to play lame.

https://youtu.be/nzDsudSoiEU

I don’t understand why she didn’t just whittle me down with her normals

Cammy is definitely one of Juri’s worst matchups. Dread playing her.

Luckily that Cammy player’s pressure wasn’t very good. I’ve seen gold Cammys with better close game pressure. He was afraid to go in and hit buttons at you like you were Zangief or something.

The Chun Li player was super random. It was more effective to play that way in Season one when IALL and s.hp were better, but willy nilly Chun in 2017 only goes so far. He should have played neutral more but from what I’m seeing he doesn’t look like he’s practiced a lot of footsies in general. I also don’t understand how a Diamond Chun is going for super unsafe combos into sbk that aren’t even confirmed.

I liked the way you played Juri for the most part other than some of those v trigger strings burning a bit too much bar for not enough reward. Better off just cutting it shorter for oki and get more fireballs to throw.

V-trigger optimization will come naturally someday. That thing drains so slow when it’s not being used. In my head it’s always about the corner carry plus the (1/4 of the screen with the) 16f dash. Opponent doesn’t get up on knockdown thats the corner right there. Where her game shines the best.

I wish she still kept st.mk into mk fuha after v-trigger at least. I’ve found myself accidentally doing that a few times. And I have my one suggestion in the other thread for keeping it longer.

https://youtu.be/YLRxEqpUsTQ

https://youtu.be/J0gbjR_Rugc