Juri/Law help?

Many, many questions inbound :wink:

First off, can anyone help me figure out what order to put these two in? I feel like Juri/Law would be good because I’m much more comfortable with her and she builds good meter. Plus I’ve drilled into my head a team combo that does a little over 600 damage that starts with Law, so once I get the meter I can get him in and do it.

Second, why can’t I do ANYTHING off a launcher? The only thing I can do is back mp back mp, *only *from ABC kick launcher, punches never work, and even then it whiffs for no reason sometimes. Is there a reason for this? Because it really hurts my team combos.

Speaking of team combos… Are there any combos or basic things that I should know or would be helpful in figuring out team combos for these two? So far the best one I have involves hitting with a light rapid fury fists, which is sometimes hard.

And last, any general advice on this character? I seem to have trouble getting combos started in games, it’s hard to open them up :confused:

Thanks in advance everyone :smiley:

I’ve found that starting combos with Law is very easy once you know your links. Law’s cr.LP, cr.LK, and st.LP can all be hit confirmed into cr.MP and done into this easy combo to rack in a cool 298 damage:
cr.LP, cr.LP, cr.MP -cancel- MP Fists of Fury, Knuckle Rush*, st.HP -cancel- Dragon Knuckle Flight*****

On a jump in, and with a bar of meter, you can confirm off of a j.MK or j.HK cross up with this simplified, but easy combo for a nice 350 damage:
cr.LP st.MK st.HP -cancel- EX Shaolin Spin Kicks (hold up/forward the entire time), j.HK as soon as possible, Knuckle Rush, cr.HP -cancel- Shaolin Spin Kicks****

In addition, you can poke with the first two hits of Junkyard kick at mid-range and hit confirm into this combo:
Junkyard Kick***, Knuckle Rush, cr.HP -cancel- Dragon Knuckle Flight**

*Fists of Fury: HCF+P
** Knuckle Rush: Back+MP, back+MP
*** Dragon Knuckle Flight: HCB+P, K
**** Shaolin Spin Kicks: QCB+K
***** Junkyard Kick: back+MP, LK, MK

As for the synergy with Juri, I’ll look into it, as I might end up playing that team. Hope this helps!

This is the team I’ve been playing. I put Law first because I’m more comfortable with his footsies, but either order works great.

I only use Juri’s kick ABC launcher combo if I’m going to use it at all, I’m not sure why this is any issue to you though, they work fine, just not a lot of damage to be had. I hope you know that after Law’s back + mp ground bounce you can pick them back up with cr./s.fierce xx Dragon Knuckle -> Dragon Flight? Don’t bother using a super or cross art or any meter after unless it will net you the round, the damage isn’t awe-inspiring.

Tag combos include Law bnb into light or medium Fist Fury Rush, cr./s.fierce xx Shaolin Spin Kicks [tag cancel] cr.Fierce xx jump, j.fierce, land, cl.fierce xx lk fuhajin store (you can also tag back to Law on the Fuhajin store, though I would use mk fuhajin store if you do this because it works in the corner, unlike lk, and the fireball release will then juggle and you can ground bounce with Law’s back + mp again and repeat. With Juri on point, any combo into mk/hk pinwheel kick can tag cancel into Law, then forward jump hk, land, cr.mp (s./cr.hp works too but it’s tricky) cancel into dragon knuckle -> dragon flight… or shaolin spin kicks and back to Juri if you want to style.

Opening them up can be kind of tricky sometimes, just know that Law’s cr.mp frame traps into itself, so use two in a row when close enough, try to feel for when to use his overheads, when to jump, etc. etc. You mostly just have to play him and learn and develop your own style. I will say though, that you can safely test the waters from mid-screen with Dragon Rush Combo cancelled into a single flip kick (do the second flip only if you see they have been hit). It isn’t a whole lot of damage, but it’s very useful!

This team is VERY strong and worth the effort, so I hope you stick to it!

This is my mf’ing team right here!

I start Juri because she has the tools to match up against anyone and build meter. Also, Law tends to build meter super fast with the Fury Fist Rush so switching them in and out often is what I prefer.

Everything Newbie Andy described is pretty much how I use them.

Also, you can MP Fury Fist cancel into Juri EX charge super… Not sure if it does more damage than just letting Law use the two bars on his own. Has anyone did this without Juri’s charge being EX? It seems to take too long.

EX fury fist, switch cancel first hit, charge super as soon as possible. It does take 2 bars but you can combo into it to a certain extent. Although IMO I would put Law on point

cr.mp xx mp FFR [tag cancel] EX super charge: 440 dmg (useless imo)

cr.mp xx mp FFR, cr.fierce xx super: 478 dmg (very little recoverable health)

cr.mp xx mp FFR, cr.fierce xx SSK [tag cancel] cr.fierce xx jump, j.fierce, land, cl.fierce, Fuhajin store: 464 dmg

cr.mp xx mp FFR, cr.fierce xx SSK [tag cancel] cr.fierce xx jump, j.fierce, land, cl.fierce, Fuhajin store [tag cancel] (pause slightly) Knuckle Rush, cr.fierce xx Dragon Charge -> Knuckle -> Flight: 516 dmg (swag)

cr.mp xx mp FFR, cr.fierce xx SSK [tag cancel] cr.fierce xx jump, j.fierce, land, cl.fierce, Fuhajin store [tag cancel] (pause slightly) Knuckle Rush, cr.fierce xx SSK [tag cancel] cr.fierce xx jump, j.fierce, land, cl.fierce Fuhajin store: 613 dmg (SWAG)

cr.mp xx mp FFR, cr.fierce xx cross art: 567 dmg (destroys recoverable health)

So it turns out after SSK tag cancel, you can do cr.fierce xx jump, j.fierce, land, cl.fierce xx mk pinwheel, which if you tag back to Law, the pinwheel will do all the hits, and you can forward j.roundhouse, land, cr.fierce xx Dragon/SSK. I’ll edit this post with the damage difference later on.

Just got back from a tournament at an event called Boiler Frag. Got 5th with this team, and I’m convinced it’s very good. They compliment each other’s weaknesses fairly well. I had to go through several Rufus players at that! Rufus/Ryu, Rufus/Gief, Rufus/Raven. So mentally exhausting, but I managed to generate some crowd hype so it was awesome at the same time! People seem to love the combos these two generate.

Congrats Andy. I agree Juri/Law are super hype (which this game needs supposedly). Do you still put Law on point? I feel like I can do either but I’m way more used to Juri

I still usually have Law on point, but I did switch order during one of the Rufus matches. I don’t think the order is a big deal though. Law has better footsies in my opinion and more health to feel out your opponent’s style early on. He also builds a lot more meter when you do connect. Juri keeps people from jumping so much though, and she has projectiles. I really think either order works great, just depends on who you are more comfortable with to download your opponent.

Damn, I literally just started playing this very team a couple weeks ago. I’ve fallen in love with it, though my Law needs some work (well Juri too but less so lol).

Considering using Law X Juri again. Dat damage and meter building!

Officially dropped Akuma for Law. Juri on point again :slight_smile: So many swag combos…

And I’m rocking 6 meter gems lol

I literally find myself with an abundance of meter with this team. They build bar well with their combos, and meter gems make it even more so.

Generally I run Juri with all the meter gems because she doesn’t need it nearly as much, and give Law power gems to make the damage more fearsome.

Still having some growing pains but I’m really loving their synergy.

Also TZA, ggs!

So I took notes of the one reset I use and the combos off of that, as well as other stuff, about a week or so ago. I have no clue how helpful this is for any Juri/Law players, and if there’s ways to optimize it, let me know. :slight_smile:

COMBOS:
- (Juri) cr.MK xx lk Fuhajin (release only) xx cr,MK, HP/HK (Launch) (Law) b.MP MP, cr.HP xx HP Dragon Charge, Cloud Gates, Dragon’s Flight (307 meterless, easy switch in footsies and corner carry)
- (Law) cr.MK, HP/HK (Launch) (Juri) cr.HP xx jc.HP, cr.mk xx MK Fuhajin (store) (318, meterless, ends w/stored fb)
- (Juri) j.HK (or nj.HK), cr.HP XX HK Senpusha (TC Law) j.HP, cr.HP xx HP Dragon Charge, Cloud Gates, Dragon’s Flight (501, 1 bar)
- (Law) cr.MK xx MP Fury Rush (TC Juri) EX Charge >> Super (401, 2 bars)
- (Juri) c. HK, cr.HP xx HK Senpusha (TC Law) j.HP, cr.MK, HK Spin Kicks (TC Juri), cr.HP, jc. j.HP, cl.HP >> LK Senpusha (562, 2 bars)
- (Juri) j.HK, cr.MK, MK Senpusha, Team Super (609, 3 bars, don’t recommend this unless it’ll kill since it leaves Law in with no meter)
- (Juri) j.HK, cr.HP, HK Senpusha (TC Law) j.HP, cr.MP xx Super (625, 3 bars)

RESET:

Starts with Law:

cr.mk xx HK Spin Kicks (TC Juri) cr.HP (jump cancel) (252)
(max damage version - j.HP, cr.HP xx HK Spin Kicks (TC Juri) cr.HP (jump cancel) (349))

jc.HP (ambiguous):
- jc. HP (hits back), cr.HP xx MK/HK Fuhajin (TC Law) b.MP MP, cr.HP xx HP Dragon Charge, Cloud Gates, Dragon’s Flight (483, 2 bars)
- jc. HP (hits front), cr.HP xx HK Senpusha (TC Law) j.HP, cr.MK, HK Spin Kicks (TC Juri), cr.HP, jc. j.HP, cl.HP >> LK Senpusha (562, 3 bars)
- jc. HP (hits back), cr.HP xx MK/HK Fuhajin (TC Law) b.MP MP, cr.HP xx HK Spin Kicks (TC Juri) cr.HP, jc. j.HP, cl.HP >> LK Senpusha (466, 3 bars)

jc.MK (crossup)
- jc. HP (hits front), cr.HP xx HK Senpusha (TC Law) j.HP, cr.MK, HK Spin Kicks (TC Juri), cr.HP, jc. j.HP, cl.HP >> LK Senpusha (532, 3 bars)
- - jc. HP (hits back), cr.HP xx MK/HK Fuhajin (TC Law) b.MP MP, cr.HP xx HK Spin Kicks (TC Juri) cr.HP, jc. j.HP, cl.HP >> LK Senpusha (436, 3 bars)

I’ll be revisiting this weekend after this (this weekend coming up is a TTT2 tourney I believe), and trying to see what does/doesn’t work and could work better.

Notes: I only use the super/team super to cripple when time is getting low, or to kill (…or when I’m being stupid). Don’t recommend using them other than that since they can get comparable (or better) damage for less meter if needed.

Also, I forgot to see which has the better corner carry (though most do with this team) and I haven’t done any corner-specific combos yet. I imagine that could get really ugly. :rock:

btw this only requires 1 bar since you can fully charge Super for free after Law’s MP Fury Rush. Though I think the timing is tougher since Juri’s Super has 14 start up but it’s still possible. You probably need to cancel Juri’s run early.

You can also do this for slightly more damage and meter gain:

(Juri) j.HK, cr.HP xx HK Senpusha (TC Law) j.HK, cr.HP xx HK Spin Kicks (TC Juri), cr.HP, jc j.HP (late on the way down), j.mk, cl.HP xx LK Senpusha (585, 2 bars).

EDIT: I thought this was the Juri boards. Now I feel like an intruder. :eek:

Ah, right on, I’ll have to give that a go again. Couldn’t get the full charge before, prol’ly because I wasn’t canceling her run.

Ooh, I see. I think I’ve seen TZA doing that (or something similar?), will take that into training mode over the weekend. :slight_smile:

…oh wait dammit what are you doing here?!

Nah I don’t think anyone cares. :-p

Yep that’s what I do, rok.

Also I found that if Law sweeps his opponent close enough, as soon as Law recovers, he can super jump, cross up MK and it’s safe from Ryu and Cammy’s DP’s (only chars tested on). Might not be much since sweeping from hella close isn’t appealing. But ya… there might be a team juggle where you can end it with a close sweep?

Starting to realize Juri is ass at high-level play… I’ll keep trying

How so? She has trouble opening people up for sure, but is that alone enough to make her that bad?

EDIT: Although that’s probably not the best discussion for this board since it is Law-focused. Should probably bring it over to the Juri forums.