Juri in SFV's roster?

What looks like a fuhajin, and Trollno with spiderweb shoes. We’ll see. :how_interesting:

I don’t think I would want whether she has a fb stored to be telegraphed to my opponent.

I dont know. With that weird coloration and the angle, that could easily be a white color effect. Seems too pale to be a purple fuhajin.

So lemme get this straight.

• V-Reversal is an alpha counter, costing some V gauge.
  • V-Trigger requires a full V gauge, which is filled by taking damage. It’s an Ultra, basically?
  • But V-Skill is “a defensive move” that… costs V meter? But Birdie’s can fill the V meter…? While Chun’s improves a property on normals?
  • And then there’s the Critical Art which is a Super and uses EX meter, not V meter. Right?

If so, then I do NOT want Feng Shui as V-Trigger. Experience taught me that going into “rushdown mode” when you only have 20% or less health remaining is a stupid idea: if you lose the initial exchange after activating, you’ll likely die, and almost certainly get knocked down and vortexed before you can try again, at which point your FSE time is basically done.

I’d rather Feng Shui to be her V-Skill, or even V-Reversal, so I can use it multiple times in a match in smaller batches of time, so if I immediately get hit or knocked down after activation, I won’t have wasted a whole round’s worth of gauge. Does this make sense?

Wild idea: Juri’s name means “hunger”; in her Rival fight she threatens to “eat [Bison] up, bones and all”. Let her V-Reversal (or V-Skill, whichever) be a vampiric healing field. She uses it to create space not by pushing people away, but by dealing damage to them while healing herself, making them want to back off. The field dissipates immediately when the opponent exits it, but otherwise stays on indefinitely.

In other news, which six normals do you want to lose?

SFV won’t have close/far variations of standing normals, and Juri has both on all six buttons. She’s losing a lot of normals, and I think every single one of them is useful. Even fussy far-Fierce, which does the most damage in a single hit out of her entire arsenal, special moves included.

I’d like her to drop all punches, so the “punch buttons” are all kicks, and put fireball stores on them. It’s easier to play a full game with your remaining thumb and pinky that way.

Can V-Skill / V-Trigger / V-Reversal be activated with a negative-edge input?

Combine her Counter and her Fireball-store into a single move; if the teleport is triggered no store happens. (Counter by itself is in the running for most useless move in the entire game. EX-Counter especially so after the SSF4 and USF4 nerfs.)

I’d like to release a stored fireball in mid-air, making her pause in midair during the throw animation, and have the fireballs always travel horizontal and twice as fast. Because HK fireball won’t ground-combo in nearly any other way except against cornered Sagat and 3 other tall characters. Releasing HK as a horizontal air fireball allows jumpkicking in, cancel into HK fireball, land, ground combo with the rest of the fireballs. The faster travel time is for situations when she jumpkicks someone’s outstretched limb.

Juri is one of the few, if not the only, character who has light/medium/heavy version of her super. Does the Critical Art input motion allow this? Non-SF4 games had a 3P or 3K command to activate Super, hence no one else having variations. Like half her standing normals, do we have to pick which 2 variations of Super to forever drop?

delete this plz

Realise this is from over 2 weeks ago, but after browising felt like clearing up some of the misconceptions here.

Vskills aren’t purely defensive moves, they tend to vary quite a bit between characters, but many of them share anti fireball properties(not all and not always their chief purpose even if also antifb, like karins)
None of them cost V meter, all of them build it, but how they build differs. As far as Chuns goes, you’re thinking of her V trigger not her V skill there.

V triggers are often built round 60% Health, if played right by 20% you’ll have your second. No need to fear being vortexed out of it, sfvs quick rises should help with that. Having FSE as her v trigger would be pretty strong in sfv, so I think they might go a different route, even though the flavour is very appropiate.

Uhm no, neither of those make sense from the base system o how v reversals and skills are handeld. Could see it as Trigger or Critical though, would be the first install super of the game.

Actually I think everyone has different versions of supers, I’m hard pressed to think of someone who has all the same(probably, yun, yang and makoto) Critical arts would indeed allow this as several already have super variations, like Cammy whose button determines where her super goes.

Your non sf4-games bit is confusing, as as far as street fighter goes its the only one that uses 3xP or K for Ultras, like in older games you just super witha single button. Maybe A2 had it to do lvl3 supers iirc, been awhile.

I’d expect to see her omega super instead though, if she makes it to SFV. One of the possible rumours seems to indicate she migth be one of the first dlc, looking forward to seeing her show up^^

That leak list has been pretty spot on so far, so I hope she will make it into the initial roster

I don’t see any SFIV characters making the initial roster. Or SF3.

Will most likely be SF2 and Alpha characters only. SF3 and SFIV characters seem like they’ll be saved for post launch DLC.

I think the initial roster will have at least one rep from 3 and 4. Seems like Juri and C.Viper are the least hated of the new SFIV roster, and people have been wanting Alex and Urien forever. Capcom teasing Alex in SFxTK was kind of a dick move.

I’m glad SFV has been so Alpha heavy, but I think SFV has enough Alpha characters.

IMO the new SFV characters have been meh. They dont really click with me.

So far the only characters I want to play are Nash and Karin. Honestly, I threw any expectations out the door for this roster when they announced Birdie.

I agree. It would seem sensible to add at least one SF3 and SF4 character to the initial roster. Capcom can’t mess this up… can they?

Actually that list has gained a lot of credibility thanks to rashid, but it doesn’t fit capcoms overt core 16 plans. But you can interpret from it. To me, even before we got to rashid, I interpreted their meaning as 8 STcharacters, 4 alpha/3s chartacters and 4 newbies. R Mika threw that out and I changed to 4Alpha, which actually makes for a nice basic selection. With that in mind, I don’t think they iintentionally ignored 3s and sf4 characters but they simply made a choice.

From that list then juri, alex and urien are next dlc, which considering their upcoming model makes a lot of sense. 1 very popular sf4 character(though not played much at high level) and 2 of the most requested sf3 characters. If they have a variety of dlc straight off the bat, they can cut off the people from building up fight money and being able to instantly unlock these characters so people will be enticed to purchase if they aren’t patient.

The leak lists only true flaw is the absense of Vega, which is the main thing that discredited all the leaks, but it plays into bornfrees interpreting that they had more characters ready to sub in in case of leaks.

One way the list could have rashid is that the leak came from the middleeast company the character was produced in tandem with, making the rest bunk, so the brazil reveal will be very telling. If Laura this is seeming very guaranteed.

They will if you’re expecting a 3 or IV character at launch. Their description of the launch cast pretty much alludes to no one from 3 or IV making it.

8 characters are going to be revealed that are expected to be in a SF game. Which at this point it’s pretty obvious that any SF2 character being revealed is filling up those 8 spots. The other 4 point at Alpha characters that didn’t make SFIV. Way too many SF2 and Alpha characters filling up these spots which suggests they want to launch the game with a core SF2/Alpha only roster.

This leak list just got a lot more credible. It was posted before Rashid, Gief and now Laura being announced.

Yeah. You just don’t pull a name like Rashid out of nowhere. So, I wonder if there’ll be a new “leak” at Brazil’s convention. I just want to see Juri already.

The problem is that this list has multiple issues. First, it has 18 characters, not 16. Second, it’s missing Vega.

More importantly, it goes against the color grouping in Capcom’s slide that they showed off at SDCC and Evo.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQPuy4pUwAAXr5V.jpg:large

Finally, Laura, Zen and Rashid were leaked by Ken Bogard way before that list, so making a list that includes their names and calling it a “leak” is pretty easy.

First, the list doesn’t say all those names are “initial core roster”. Maybe some of them are to be unlocked or other alternative? I don’t think missing Vega is a big deal. And the names on that easy list have been mostly consistent with siliconera’s reports. And I don’t put it past Capcom to throw a curveball or two to derail things like this.

Except that Capcom hasn’t been throwing curveballs in terms of that slide. Everything they’ve revealed matches up with it.

There is the “post-launch” characters. regardless we all wait juri…

Ray of hope gents. Bored dudes found this in the SF5 beta PC version. Hopefully this is it, unless Capcom changes their minds again. :how_interesting:

https://twitter.com/KaneProvis/status/658597469127741441?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=EvilNegro&utm_content=658622882084487168

Most likely means that she’s planned as DLC.