[June 7-9] Fantasy Strike Expo - Street Fighter HD Remix and more [San Francisco]

http://www.fantasystrike.com/forums/img/fsx_logo_framed_300.png

Hi guys, Sirlin and I are teaming up to bring you Fantasy Strike Expo, an all-weekend event on June 7th - 9th in San Francisco for all of our games, and we’re featuring a Street Fighter HD Remix tournament!

We’ll be using pretty standard rules for the tourney:

• Double elimination
  • Each match is best 2 of 3 rounds, best 2 of 3 games, except winners’ finals, losers finals, and grand finals which are best 3 of 5 games
  • The tournament is running on Xbox 360
  • Akuma is banned

The event also has tournaments for Puzzle Fighter HD Remix, Yomi: Fighting Card Game, Puzzle Strike, and Flash Duel, as well as showcasing the in-development games Pandánte and Codex. Come and play!

Event details

Dates: June 7th - 9th, 2013. (June 7th for playing beta games, June 8th & 9th for tournaments.)

Location: Marriot Courtyard San Francisco Airport. 1050 Bayhill Drive, San Bruno, California 94066 USA
By using the links below, you can get a discounted rate if you reserve them before Thursday, May 16th 2013.
King room ($129/night)
Queen x2 room ($139/night)
King suite ($229/night)
You can also reserve rooms by calling (800) 321-2211 and asking for the Sirlin Room Block.

Note on transportation: There is a free shuttle from the San Francisco Airport to the Marriott hotel. We encourage you to come from far and wide and we’ve tried to make it as easy as possible to get to the venue.

You can discuss Fantasy Strike Expo on our forums as well as here.

ONLINE REGISTRATION PAGE
Note that late signups cost more, so sign up early!

Early event registration (ends April 15th): $30
Regular registration (between April 15th and May 14th): $45
Late registration (between May 15th and June 2nd): $55
Emergency on-site registration (June 7th - 8th): $65

Schedule

FRIDAY "beta day"
1pm: Pandante introduction and play
3pm: Codex introduction and play
Repeats of this later on as more people show up, probably again at 6pm.

SATURDAY tournaments
10am: Puzzle Fighter HD Remix
11:30am: Puzzle Strike
(break for lunch after one or two rounds)
5:30 - 7pm: manager’s reception (free food in the lobby for those staying at the hotel)
7pm: Street Fighter HD Remix
9:30pm: Flash Duel

SUNDAY tournaments
10am: Yomi
3-6pm: Grand Finals for all games (PF, SF, FD, followed by Yomi + PS at the same time)

Good shit Thelo. And here I thought the rumors about you retiring from the game were all true.

What are the prizes? Not that I plan on winning…

We’re splitting the pot 65/25/10 among the top three.

What’s the schedule for HDR? Is the tournament gonna run both Saturday and Sunday?

We’re still finalizing things at this point, but we’re very probably running it in full on Sunday. There will probably be casuals going on Saturday too, though. :wink:

And it’s going to be strictly HDR, right? No ‘changing your minds and switching to classic ST mode at the last minute’ bs like Capcom did at the 25th anniversary tourny, right?

Lol. :expressionless:

Yeah it’s HDR, obviously.

Thelo, let us know when the schedule is finalized. I’ve added it to the calendar on the STR website but I’d like to add the details when they’re available. Yes, we focus on ST but we plug HDR stuff too. :slight_smile:

Will do, thanks. See you there!

Oh man, I just realized it’s running on Xbox 360…I can’t use those controllers at all. Can I buy a converter to use PS3 or is that not tournament legal? Anybody know? Sorry for the nit-picky question.

Using a converter is perfectly fine.

Here we go, this is the event schedule:

FRIDAY "beta day"
1pm: Pandante introduction and play
3pm: Codex introduction and play
Repeats of this later on as more people show up, probably again at 6pm.

SATURDAY tournaments
10am: Puzzle Fighter HD Remix
11:30am: Puzzle Strike
(break for lunch after one or two rounds)
5:30 - 7pm: manager’s reception (free food in the lobby for those staying at the hotel)
7pm: Street Fighter HD Remix
9:30pm: Flash Duel

SUNDAY tournaments
10am: Yomi
3-6pm: Grand Finals for all games (PF, SF, FD, followed by Yomi + PS at the same time)

So Street Fighter is mostly running at Saturday 7pm, with the grand finals running at Sunday 3pm. See you there!

Hot damn!

I’ll do my best to show up if the powers that be decide to keep me employed for another year

I’ll be there!

HDR has been effectively dead for almost 3 years now, so it’s nice to see tourneys still being held for this game, the more SF2 tournies there are the better!

Also Thelo longtime no see you should get on GGPO sometime.

I wish I could attend. :’(

Damn, if only it said Michigan instead. Nice to see some support for HDR.