Jun Kazama~ Kazuya's baby Mama~ Im back to collect child support Thread

Jun Kazama is a character in the Tekken series who first made her debut in Tekken 2. She is the mother of Jin Kazama. Jun was assumed to have been killed in Ogre’s wrath when he awoke, but her official status is “missing”. Ogre has some of her moves like her “Windmill Kick.” Jun is one of a small group of characters who have only appeared in one canon game. In Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Jun transforms into Unknown, serving as the final boss.

Edit> i started it now anyones welcome to fill it with info or whatever you desire.

1 left punch** 2** right punch
3 left kick 4 right kick
5 tag button any any button but tag
f tap forward** F** hold forward
d tap down D hold down
b tap back B hold back
u tap up** U** hold up
d/f tap down forward D/F hold down forward
d/b tap down back** D/B** hold down back
u/f tap up forward** U/F** hold up forward
u/b tap up back U/B hold up back
qcf quarter circle forward qcb quarter circle back
hcf half circle forward hcb half circle back
Notations
FC full crouch animation WS while standing up
N joystick in neutral WR while running
SS side step either way SSL side step to left
SSR side step to right** [ ]** optional command
, followed by** ~** immediately after
+ at the same time ( _ ) or
< delayed input** =** next in sequence
° push and hold button : requires just frame input

So, you’re not doing to fill it in with information yourself per se? If so, I’ll lock this until someone wants to make a Jun thread with actual content.

PS - I really like the title, lol.

My problem , was after i made the thread i thought i could find a top ten move list or any intel and cant really find anything even on tekkenzaibatsu there is only 5 threads and very Little if any info , i been scouring the net for a strat guide on her but not much coming up at all, frame data , Or anything else !!! im googling my ass off, but i did want a jun thread Now ,especially if anyone can add anything they find, just because nothing seems to be out there , so even if its bits and pieces as a collective it would seem to be more then whats out there now for her!! i can plagiarize some tidbits i been reading

Here is what i been checking out from Iron lobster for things to try out tomorrow as he has strats for jun and jaycee my team

Jun:

i10, 1,2, nc +5 on hit 1,2*~u_d leads to ss, Jun has a +1 on block jab!
i11, 4 (her ch4 is easy)
i12, 2,1*, nc, i12 punisher with good range
i12, df4, +1 on hit mid (at least)
i14, df1,1, ncc good + on both hits
i14, 1+2, massive range safe ch launcher, punishes bryan ws1 on block, ch DOS is breakable
i14, 1+4*, old three ring circuss from TTT1
i14, d3+4 can can
i15, b2,1* nc string, 3rd hit -12, b2,1,1 is -12, b2,1,4 is high
i15, b4,1 knee into punch, nc
i16, uf4,3b!, -12 launcher, crushes
i16, df2,2, safe nc, hc, homing, + oc on hit and block = sick move but the second hit is high
i16, b3, same as Asuka’s in terms of safety and hc juggles
i17, f2 tooth fairy
i19, f4 homing move (like Asuka’s not +3 on block)

Jun is very good, plenty of safe, delayable mid strings to keep your opp standing to land db3 into +5 for more for her fc mixups, db3 is at least -16 but it tech crouches and rc, her only real weaknessnes is lack of a safe nh launcher and her oki isn’t as strong as Asukas. Beyond that, her whiff punishing is solid, her pokes are very good, and being a Kazama, everything is on plus for added momentum, df2,2 is too good

ff1+2, works as a safe mid launcher for whiff punishment but is too slow to throw out on its own
ff4, Jin f4 type move
ss4, +5 on block, oc Mishima style axe kick
3+4, doesn’t hit grounded but low crushes and is safe
Throws don’t lead to particularly strong wakes (df2+3 works the same still) but post counter oki is good

Like Asuka, 1,3 is -11 and -1 on hit, d3 is - on hit too and her ss2 is a little slower than Asuka’s and is -12

Her ss options out of canned strings adds to her evasive game, eg 1,2,4, the third hit is safe on block and will track steppers if you do 1,2 on its own for a while, after that, you do 1,2~u_d to step to their weak side

Both her stances are very good, b1+2 evades into a good lm mixup with 1_2 respecitively (like Feng shifting clouds) but f1+2 into stance is where she can pressure, what makes f1+2 so good is that it tracks both ways but is a high, however as seen in vids, can be used in juggles

f1+2,1,2_2, cannot be interrupted on block with jabs and the 2 launches at a risk
f1+2,1+2, is a Lars DE,1+2 b! on nh move that tech crouches and is safe on block!
f1+2,4,1, is Jun’s crushing HS - very unsafe on both hits
f1+2,3, stance into b3

Jun’s ch fc df2 gives her guaranteed ws2,1, i14, nc, mm, safe, wallsplats

High w! use uf4,3 to b!
Regular w! use df2,2 to b!
Her solo wall carry is fantastic too

She still has Mishima stone head/ff1+2~5
As Noknonnut pointed out Asuka b1+2~5 is their tag throw

Kazama’s: (inc Jin)

Asuka and Jun make an excellent team, both can just turtle and whiff punish with f2 or ch fish with ch4 or ch fc df2. Jun is better as a point character for pressuring your opp, where as Asuka should be tagged in when she needs to recover - we all know how safe Asuka is on everything so she is excellent for just biding your time while Jun heals_Jin works the same way as well, although when partnered with Asuka he gets the rushdown duty

Juggles:

With Juggles in TTT2 its all about getting rid of that red bar with a class 1 launcher to stop your opp from getting green health back which is where Kazama’s excell. Both Asuka and Jun have f2 and FR for tag launchers vs unsafe or whiffing opps - note these juggles are a little simple as i was also using Julia/Jaycee and wanted something i could use for isw_iwr1 setups without thinking too much between character changes so i used TA! filler that gave me a high float eg. Asuka b2,4,3 and Jun ff2,3

Asuka; f2_FR~5, Jun uf3, b2,1, f1+2, 1+2~5b! Asuka b2,4,3 Jun/Jin iwr3, Jaycee isw/iwr1

Jun; f2_FR~5, Asuka uf3, 1+4, 2,1,1+2~5b! Jun ff2,3 Asuka/Jin iwr3, Jaycee isw/iwr1

It’s important to have the longest juggle possible off your tag launch to take off as much red bar as possible as the moment you b! your opp for your TA! it will stop going down because they have touched the ground. As a rule i will only TA! if my tagged out character has fully healed
ps, if you haven’t noticed already, Jun is hella buff

by Pichu Quick Jun Kazama Guide for Beginners

Launchers

i16 – u/f+4,3 (second hit bounds), b+3
i17 – f+2 (same as Asuka’s except it hits grounded)
i19 – f+4, WS+3 (same as Asuka’s)
IZU 2 (don’t know the frames)
Combo Fillers

Off f+2_IZU 2 or regular launch~5 from other characters (e.g. EWGF~5)
u/f+3, 1+4, d/f+2,2 b!
u/f+3, b+2,1, b+2,1,f+1+2, IZU 1+2 b!
u/f+3, f+3, b+2,1,f+1+2, IZU 1+2, b!
There are obviously others, but just for quick reference, these work fine.
Off u/f+4,3
u/f+3, b+2,1,4
WS+1+2, f+3, b+2,1,f+1+2, IZU 2
Off f+4
d/b+4,3
Dash, 1+4, f+3, b+2,1,f+1+2, IZU 1+2 b!
Off b+3
(the following works as a hit confirm string from starting from b+3)
4,(1)+4,2, f+3,1+2, IZU 1+2 b!
Bound Moves

d+2
d/f+2,2 (second hit)
u/f+4,3 (second hit)
SS+4
IZU 1+2
IZU 1,2 (second hit)
GEN 3
IZU 1,2 bounds (second hit).
Post Bound Enders

f,f+2,3
d/b+1, d/f+4 (not consistent at range or after too many hits)
Actually, I don’t think I use anything else really :s
Homing Moves

d/f+2
f+4
GEN 4
TA Fillers

f,f+2,3
u/f+4,3
b+2,1,4
f+3,f+1+2, IZU 2
Wall Combo

b+2,1,1 (the last hit can be delayed to hit grounded for a little extra damage)
b+3,2
f,f+2,1
f+1,4
Punishers

i10 – 1,2
i11 – 4
i12 – 2,1
i14 – b+42 (m,m) (HC, second hit launches on CH and hits grounded)
FC d/f+2 (l) (CH gives a free u/f+4,3)
Taggable Moves

f+2
d+3+4
IZU 2
WS+3
b+3
FC d/f,d,d/f+1+2 (throw)
Reversal (nothing guaranteed, just +ve frames)
I’m sure I’m missing one or two… don’t remember them right now.
Crush Moves

High Crush
f+2 (not consistent)
d/b+2
d/b+3
d/b+4
IZU 2
WS+3
Low Crush
u/f+4,3
u/f+3
d+3+4
3+4
f+1+2 (?)
Stances

IZU – f+1+2
GEN – b+1+2
Both can be done from a stationary position or from 1,2, 1+4, f+3 or b+2,1 (e.g. b+2,1,f+1+2 or 1+4,b+1+2 etc…)
i16 – u/f+4,3 (second hit bounds), b+3
i17 – f+2 (same as Asuka’s except it hits grounded)
i19 – f+4, WS+3 (same as Asuka’s)
IZU 2 (don’t know the frames)
Combo Fillers

Off f+2_IZU 2 or regular launch~5 from other characters (e.g. EWGF~5)
u/f+3, 1+4, d/f+2,2 b!
u/f+3, b+2,1, b+2,1,f+1+2, IZU 1+2 b!
u/f+3, f+3, b+2,1,f+1+2, IZU 1+2, b!
There are obviously others, but just for quick reference, these work fine.
Off u/f+4,3
u/f+3, b+2,1,4
WS+1+2, f+3, b+2,1,f+1+2, IZU 2
Off f+4
d/b+4,3
Dash, 1+4, f+3, b+2,1,f+1+2, IZU 1+2 b!
Off b+3
(the following works as a hit confirm string from starting from b+3)
4,(1)+4,2, f+3,1+2, IZU 1+2 b!
Bound Moves

d+2
d/f+2,2 (second hit)
u/f+4,3 (second hit)
SS+4
IZU 1+2
IZU 1,2 (second hit)
GEN 3
IZU 1,2 bounds (second hit).
Post Bound Enders

f,f+2,3
d/b+1, d/f+4 (not consistent at range or after too many hits)
Actually, I don’t think I use anything else really :s
Homing Moves

d/f+2
f+4
GEN 4
TA Fillers

f,f+2,3
u/f+4,3
b+2,1,4
f+3,f+1+2, IZU 2
Wall Combo

b+2,1,1 (the last hit can be delayed to hit grounded for a little extra damage)
b+3,2
f,f+2,1
f+1,4
Punishers

i10 – 1,2
i11 – 4
i12 – 2,1
i14 – b+42 (m,m) (HC, second hit launches on CH and hits grounded)
FC d/f+2 (l) (CH gives a free u/f+4,3)
Taggable Moves

f+2
d+3+4
IZU 2
WS+3
b+3
FC d/f,d,d/f+1+2 (throw)
Reversal (nothing guaranteed, just +ve frames)
I’m sure I’m missing one or two… don’t remember them right now.
Crush Moves

High Crush
f+2 (not consistent)
d/b+2
d/b+3
d/b+4
IZU 2
WS+3
Low Crush
u/f+4,3
u/f+3
d+3+4
3+4
f+1+2 (?)
Stances

IZU – f+1+2
GEN – b+1+2
Both can be done from a stationary position or from 1,2, 1+4, f+3 or b+2,1 (e.g. b+2,1,f+1+2 or 1+4,b+1+2 etc…)

So far thats what i have been scanning threw , but cant find anything in the form of a namco based official intel. Just users guides

Now that’s what I’m talking about. And remember, it isn’t the end of the world if you can’t find resources for a character, you can always make them up yourself. Like I did for Angel :wink:

Anyone stick with her or yall ditch her for asuka an the easy styles

:eek: I play her with Anna because they work so well together somehow.

People say Asuka is easier than Jun and I disagree. I think Asuka is the better character of the two straight up, but Jun is much easier to play, has much easier combos, and has an easier time pressing buttons even if they aren’t as safe as Asuka.

Unfortunately, I think lots of people who did stick with Jun are just going to drop her for Unknown.

brb waffles are done

I recently picked up TTT2 and I picked up Unknown, which from what I read is basically just Jun with a few unique moves.

What partners do you guys recommend for Jun/Unknown? I’ve personally been using Angel and there seem to have some decent bound synergy

I run Jun/Anna as well, and Jun/Nina (aka Team Mom, but commonly Nina/Jun). I don’t use Angel, but she seems to be a good choice.

:eek: The cool thing about Jun and Unknown is that they do high damage by themselves and also have great tag utility.

They’re one of those, “You can pair me with almost anyone” character types.

But yes, Jun/Anna is especially smexy.

i started out with jun jaycee but like playing jun miharu or xioyou… the characters flow at diffrent paces and seem to give people more problems as they adapt to jun then comes in fast ass miharu, throwing off there pace, jun jaycee is a cool team an hit hard

:eek: I think I’m the only person I know that really doesn’t like the Jun/Asuka team. People seem to like it, but that team seems so ineffective.

I agree that a good partner for Jun seems to be one that is either very fast to help out when she gets in or hits super hard to take advantage of her tag buffers.

As a scrub player who just plays for fun,i dont like the jun asuka team, but that could be more im a playing with my friends casual player, then a high level tekken player playing for comp an going to tourneys, as a casual, feels like there to similair and people start to catch on that they have very similair moves and how to avoid them,

But i havve the same problem when i play Xio an Miharu,since there almost clones

Lotta stuff in that fourth post is wrong.

1+2 doesn’t have massive range. It doesn’t even hit from range 2 and the range is shorter than f+2. It comes out in 12 frames, not 14.
df+2,2 isn’t safe. Not even the first hit by itself.
b+4,2 comes out in 13 frames not 15 frames.
3+4 does hit grounded.

Thanks for that ghost… played the shit out of My favorite milf today, been a while, she still My favorite point char…Mix with miharu xioyu but mostly jaycee…Hope in the next tekken installment they find away to bring her back from the dead and in the next game.

I got another homie that loves soucalibur so had my 3d fill tonight…natsu and jun