[Jun 9, 2012] East Coast Throwdown 4 - EVO 2012 TS $3K UMVC3 Bonus + GamerBee! (Morristown, NJ)

Yes I can’t wait.

Putting days-off request ASAP.

Hoping I can make the trip, last year was hype. Might want to update the first post though, lists 3S as 5$ but it’s 10$ on the website.

Thanks for picking that up!

This year will be crazy.

WOW gs John and Joe!

Just a quick update on the hotel room situation for you guys. The only rooms available for Friday night are Studio Suites at $124 a night. We were able to add the rest of the King and Double rooms available in the hotel for Saturday and Sunday night at $104 per night. If you arrive early on Saturday, your room might not be available until later in the afternoon. Go to www.ecthrowdown.com to book today and pre-register!! Pre-reg ends June 2 and emergency on-site registration is $40!

See you guys will be outta luck, so please hurry up and get your rooms.

Hey guys, just wanted to get this out there for those who were asking. Please keep in mind that this is a TENTATIVE schedule and is subject to change before the event. We will have a definitive schedule posted before the event in June. Here we go!

Saturday, June 9

8:00am-10:30am
EMERGENCY Registration ($40 venue fee at the door)

12:00pm-2:00pm
Big 3 (SF4, UMVC3, SFxT) Pools 1-4
Mortal Kombat 9 Pools 1-2
Soulcalibur V Pools 1-2
King of Fighters XIII Pools 1-2
Super Street Fighter II Turbo Tournament of Legends Tournament 1 Start
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend Pool 1 Start
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Start

2:00pm-4:00pm
Big 3 Pools 5-8
MK9 Pools 3-4
SCV Pools 3-4
KoF Pools 3-4
Skullgirls Pools 1-2
3rd Strike Pool 1

4:00pm-6:00pm
Big 3 Pools 9-12
MK9 Pools 5-6
SCV Pools 5-6
KoF Pools 5-6
SG Pools 3-4
3S Pool 2

6:00pm-8:00pm
Big 3 Pools 13-16
MK9 Pools 7-8
SCV Pools 7-8
KoF Pools 7-8
SG Pools 5-6
3S Pool 3

8:00pm-10:00pm
Big 3 Pools 17-22
SG Pools 7-8
3S Pool 4

10:00pm-12:00am
Big 3 Pools 23-28

Sunday, June 10

10:00am-12:00pm
Skullgirls Top 16 > Top 8 (Everyone will play 1 or 2 games basically so it’s ready for the stream)
Big 3 Pools 29-32

12:00pm-2:00pm
Big 3 Top 64 > Top 8 (Top 64 will be split into four 16 man brackets and played down until there’s a winner and a loser from each, essentially four more pools)

For most games, finals will be streamed on Sunday afternoon. We will also be featuring the Fanatiq vs. RayRay match on stage Sunday evening, probably at 4 or 6pm, whichever works better for the players and fits the schedule best. We will be posting a stream schedule when it gets closer to the event, probably after pre-reg closes. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us on Facebook, Twitter, or email!

This is my first major, im just curious, will I find out what pool im in the day of, or can I find out before? I think it would be pretty cool to see who ill potentially be up against, early

Let’s go people step up.

If you pre-register, you will find out a few days in advance. I won’t be posting pools for everyone to see though. You’ll get an email with your assignments.
If you register at the door (please don’t, just pre-register and save $15!), you’ll find out when you sign up since we’ll just be dropping you into whatever pool needs people and looks good.

I knew I forgot to post here to remind you SJC. Just at Melty Blood along with BB.

3s poools? How many entries does it have? :open_mouth:

It’s just to help us with scheduling. By doing it this way, one player won’t hold up the entire tournament. That’s what usually happens anyway. The pools will be 8 man brackets, but probably won’t be full. No offense to Chris G, but he enters every game in existence and tends to hold up brackets at every tournament at some point or another. We’re doing our best to try to prevent that and by scheduling 3rd Strike into pools, we can almost guarantee it won’t happen.

=================

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 will be played in 3/5 sets throughout the entire tournament. Curleh Mustache started it and Seasons Beatings: Summer Slam did it this past weekend. We did some time calculations and it doesn’t take any longer than a 2/3 set in SFIVAE. We’ve been asked by the Marvel community throughout the country to do it this way and we’re more than willing to try it out this year. I’ll be updating the rules on each tournament thread throughout the day.

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/475739_422716441072198_207208859289625_1574083_1140886063_o.jpg

Love the shirt.

Also, is there any policies on videotaping and coverage? Putting a blog together and would like to cover the event.

East Coast Throwdown has been the home to some of the best Mortal Kombat kompetitions since the events began. We were the first tournament to stream Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 back in 2010 (hard to believe that was already 2 years ago) and have worked closely with the MK Kommunity on nearly every aspect of East Coast Throwdown. These guys are the definition of die-hard fans. It is because of this dedication and respect that they have for their games as well as this tournament that we always try our hardest to give back to them. It is for this reason that we are ecstatic to announce that WB Games and NetherRealm Studios will be providing prizes for East Coast Throwdown 4!

WB Games and NetherRealm Studios have been more than dedicated to the community supporting their games and have shown nothing but respect for them over this past tournament season. Tournaments are a huge reason why so many games are kept alive and to acknowledge this, WB Games and NetherRealm Studios will be throwing in an extra $1,000 to the tournament pot for Mortal Kombat!

We are very happy to have these guys on board this year with East Coast Throwdown 4 and we hope that this is the beginning of a great relationship. Let’s hear it for WB Games and NetherRealm Studios!

WB Games and NetherRealm Studios are prize providers only and are in no way involved in the creation, execution, administration or fulfillment of the tournament.

================================================

Filming is more than welcome!

=================================================

Alright guys, 27 days left to pre-register. Save $15 now because on-site emergency registration ends at 10:30am Saturday. Also, there are rooms at the venue hotel for Saturday and Sunday night. We’re working on getting room blocks with neighboring hotels so we’ll update you with that once we know more. Go to www.ecthrowdown.com to take care of everything you need!

Are there still rooms available at the Hyatt? Just want to double check.

Yes, for Saturday and Sunday night only. Friday is currently sold out.