[Jun 9, 2012] East Coast Throwdown 4 - EVO 2012 TS $3K UMVC3 Bonus + GamerBee! (Morristown, NJ)

Whatever Stick is down to run we’ll definitely have it.

Just to let everyone know, we’ll be setting everything up Friday night. Saturday morning, we just flip the switch and we’re good to go. We’ll be running on-site registration ($40 venue fee at the door, so pre-reg online for $25 and save us time and you money) until 11 or 12pm. We’ll be putting late registrants into brackets basically at random so when we start the tournament at 12pm or 1pm, everything is already on its feet and people know where to go. No announcing hundreds of names, no one asking us where they have to go (unless they forgot or something), none of it. We’ll also be posting the pools on the website the day of the tournament. Emails will go out for pre-reg pool assignments the week of the event so everyone knows where they have to be.

As for pools, we’ll be running 32 man pools, 2 pools for each game at a time. By having this structure, unless you register for more than 4 games, you don’t have to be in two places at once. It allows us to put you in different time slots for different games and as a result, pools will run faster because runners won’t have to go looking for you.

We want to make this the best East Coast Throwdown ever, as well as one of the smoothest tournaments the country has ever seen. We want to make sure everyone has a great time and wants to come back for ECT5. If you guys have any suggestions on how we can improve, please feel free to post up or PM me or Joe and we’ll discuss it further.

We have some really exciting news coming up once we start to see how Street Fighter X Tekken does at other tournaments. We’re really the only ones on the East Coast running it this summer before EVO, so we want to make sure we’re providing the right tournaments with the right amount of…incentive, we’ll call it. Stay tuned and GET HYPE!

Double post, but I have an important question to ask everyone who plans on or was thinking of attending ECT4. If we did run Skullgirls, would you guys be OK with it running on Sunday? I’m trying to plan as best as I can but the pools for SFxT, Marvel, SF4, SCV, KOF, and MK9 are going to be quite large and we probably won’t have the setups for it on Saturday. Sunday, however, is a much better day since pools will be over and we’ll have a lot more available to work with. Let me know what you guys think and we’ll go from there. Thanks!

I wanna go but i don’t play any of these games :frowning:

Is there even a proper release date for Skullgirls yet?

It will be out by ECT4, that much I can tell you.

I know a bit of what should be going down for SG at ECT4 but personally Sunday is best for me.

I’ll happily help to run the brackets~

We be there!

It gives me great pleasure today to tell you that Soulcalibur developer/publisher NAMCO BANDAI Games will be sponsoring East Coast Throwdown 4 and Soulcalibur V! NAMCO BANDAI Games will be supporting the event with prizes and giveaways for Soulcalibur V.
We’d like to extend our thanks to NAMCO BANDAI Games and we welcome them to the ECT family. ECT4 is shaping up to be one hell of an event so far!

Philly will be here in full force.

Gems are banned in SFxT. Even if EVO allows them, we’re still banning them. First rules post changed.

Also, I know I said that we’d be opening registration back up in a day or two, but one of our new sponsors wants to wait to get a press release ready until we do. Should only be another week or so before you guys can register.

Hotel rooms are still selling very fast, so be sure to hit up www.ecthrowdown.com to reserve yours today!

LET’S GO!!!

Btw some surprises will be there at ECT4!

Even though EVO has come out with their official 2v2 format for Street Fighter X Tekken, we will still be running a singles tournament. Seeding points for EVO Finals will be awarded to people as normal, but those points will apply toward the team they register themselves for. Here’s Tony Cannon’s explanation from the official EVO ruleset:

We will be holding a 2v2 side tournament at the event on Sunday, more than likely single elimination, but only if time permits us to run it.

We’re still waiting on a press release from an unannounced sponsor and then we will be putting registration back online with an added 13th game. We went to the hotel this past weekend to work out a better floor plan to improve on last year’s crowding and we believe we have an optimal system this year.

I also updated the SCV rules to reflect the official 8WayRun ruleset for the game. Shoutouts to Jaxel for helping us this year with Soulcalibur. Glad to have you on the team!

When are we going to be able to sign up again. as far as I can tell its still impossible to pre register

Still waiting on this press release :frowning:

Maybe…

As announced on the GVN Live Podcast, Skullgirls publisher Autumn Games will be an official sponsor of East Coast Throwdown 4! Last year, Mike Z brought over a beta version of Skullgirls for every to test out and give feedback on. The reception was very positive and we’re more than happy to welcome Skullgirls into our lineup.

As part of their sponsorship, Autumn Games will be providing a $500 pot bonus to the Skullgirls tournament along with an arcade stick with custom Skullgirls and East Coast Throwdown 4 artwork.

We’d like to say thank you to Autumn Games for honoring ECT as well as you, the players with this sponsorship. Now that that’s settled, pre-registration is back online and now includes Skullgirls as a registration option. Get hype everyone! Only 8 weeks left for registration and a $15 savings!

I already signed up for SFxT and AE 2012. If I wanted to sign up for Skullgirls, how would I go about doing so?

I’m actually writing an email to those who signed up already. Check your inbox in about 5-10 minutes.

what times do this run through? sorry ive never been to a major and I just wanna know what times the events run through so I can be there from the start to finish, thanks :slight_smile: