Juggernaut vs Cable Slut

What can Juggs do in this match up? I have trouble getting in close. Would sent be the best character for me to switch into? What’s the best assist against cable?

Well, if we just told you another character to switch into… that’d be pointless, now wouldn’t it?

Well, Cable is one of Juggy’s bad, bad matchups. For one, Cable can keep him away. and two, Cable can shoot him anytime he does anything.

To boot, Cable’s AHVB does MORE damage on juggy cuz it hit’s him twice (he’s so fat).

So basically you have to pray for cable to make a mistake.

You want an assist that will help you get closer. Sent drones work. Or any projectile assist really.

Having assists that can absorb some AHVB’s is REALLY nice too. (Sentinel… other strong characters).

Assists that can plow through all of his crap are nice (think cammy).

But… when close. You need to rely on stuff like low short into headcrush. People don’t expect the range and speed that juggy’s low short has. It also won’t get you fried.

Pushing Cable toward the corner to get the throw off is a must as well. Here is where you need space controlling assists as well.

But overall, with juggernaut, you’re trying to look for the safest way to not get killed while staying even. Having a safe DHC (or triple) can really even the odds if he tries to bait you into attacking his assist, or his just leaves it open. So you can do 3 hits of Headcrush, then DHC out.

Oh yeah, and Headcrush through Viper beams. They CAN cancel into HVB, but only in the first frames.

You cant HC through his gunshots though. Bullets.

Cable/Doom is juggy’s worst night mare btw. Cable rox juggy. Doom on point rocks juggy. Cable with Doom assist owns juggy.

thanks for the info, I’ll definately try that at the next tournament. And I’ll give cammy a try.

my team is now juggs/cable/cammy

Interesting. Can I alpha counter into juggs then HC from a regular blocked air viper bean?

Yes…if you wanna eat the rest of the viper beam

EDIT: You said regular viper beam right…yeah you can do it, but the headcrush has some wierd stuff when it hits airborne people. Some will take all the hits, while others will be able to block after like 2

Lord doom said jugg can alphacounterHC after a blocked ahvb so i was wondering if juggs can alphacounterHC after a blocked viper beam. I assumed you can but he didn’t mentioned it.

Yea man, you can alpha counterXXHeadcrush from a blocked viper beam. But like Gamma said, you have to be careful, cause sometimes certain airborne characters will gain their block back after a couple hits from the Headcrush. Thats why you should most likely have 3 levels when you try something like that:

2 to alpha counter and Headcrush and another one to DHC in case they get their block back.

Later.

There were two people using Jugs today in the arcade against Cable. None of them were very good, but Jugs won just by being able to jump behind cable while he’s shooting VBs and doing lp, lp, headcruch.

Having blackheart as anti air helps a bit I believe cause he can ground Cable while Jugs advances.

The only thing any Juggs player needs to beat Cable is something that was lost in many hours of playing…PATIENCE.

No ones perfect and they will fuck up sometime. When they do just have a headcrush ready and mash all 8 hits outta that damn headcrush.

1 thing I’d like to add:

If you’re going up against Cable/Sent-y (which I’m convinced is Juggernaut’s shittiest possible matchup, btw), you may want to consider offensive tag-in, glitched Headcrush. It is risky (& kinda scrubby too :lol: ), but you will have to get a break on the magnitude of that in order to win unless you are way ahead. Time is generally your enemy as much as anything else. Catching Cable doing s. FP works well.

Besides, if your Jugg happens to be almost dead already, why not? Gotta think “outside the box” sometimes. :slight_smile:

-Jugg