Juggernaut Strats/Tactics

-in corner:

pixie juggs:
s.lp, s.lp XX (lp) earthquake, F+fp XX sj.lp, fp, fk, land, c.lk(otg), s.lp, walk forward, throw, headcrush.

laughing is optional.

3 juggs punch combo:

s.lp, s.fp + strider variety XX (lp) juggs punch, assist juggles, (lp) juggs punch, c.lk(otg) XX (lp) juggs punch XX headcrush.

also someone posted a sent only corner combo on the first page. the headcrush, c.lk, headcrush part also works on hulk.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Man…Storm and Sent do not own Juggy. CABLE OWNS JUGGY. Cable is the hardest character to play against as Juggy imo. I’m sure the other members of the BFL crew will back me up on this.

Storm can run away all damn day if she wants, but she needs to actually come down and hit Juggy to serve any purpoe whatsoever. When she does, Headcrush beats out EVERYTHING (cept horizontal typhoon) and even then I’m told there is a way to Headcrush through the typhoon.

Sent does own Juggy IF YOU LET HIM GET IN THE AIR. Keep Sent grounded w/ alot of jumping FP and splashes as needed. God help you if you let him get fly mode. Maybe YOUR Headcrushes don’t do anything to Sent, but mine do.

Peace
-D-

P.S. nice combos Ph!Lop!a…very different

From my experience Sentinal doesn’t pose a whole lot of threat to Juggs if you got a good anti-air assist to keep sentinal grounded. Once Sentinal is grounded its pretty close to an even match.

Cable still owns juggs in everyway.:frowning:

Storm can be a big pain for juggy, but you just have to play your cards right. Don’t rush into things, and don’t bother chasing her around (you won’t get anywhere). Simply if they keep playing a runaway game, then that gives you a good opportunity to glitch juggy out with a more mobile character. Yes, you can head crush through a horizontal typhoon if the timing is right. Just make sure she is on the ground first or going into the hailstorm position.

Trust me Mags doesn’t even pose much of a threat to juggs. Almost every move Juggs has can out prioritize Mag’s moves.

The best Mag player in the Atlatic South (“Mixup”), is afraid to use his Magneto against me.:smiley:

I dont really have that big of a prob fighting Cable. Maybe its just cause I been doing it for 3years. I just always seem to get kill by Storm faster then anyone else.

I may be late,but i just noticed that when glitched, c.lk, c.mk xx earthquake/juggernaut punch XX headcrush is a 1 combo kill cept on sent, in which case its a helluva freekin lot, almost all…glitched juggy is damage god. which ssist do you guys use? I see the damage of dash, but i tend to use ground for setups/assist denials. Oh yeah, and any strats for

Juggy, Jill, Cammy?

I tend to play Juggy first to glitch, the switch cammy to land a nice KBA, and maybe followup. If cammy dies, I ue Jill to land a nice lp+juggz, lp, hp XX qcb+kk. If Jill dies, headcrush that shyrt!!!

I found a team that can glitch Jugg in a safe manner allowing for an escape. Unfortunately, it takes 2 levels to do, and Cable must be in slot 3.

What you do is bait the person into a combo that encorperates Cable-b in, power up, and DHC out all in one swoop.

Here’s the beginner player’s team that I modified for this purpose to demonstrate it.

Juggernaut-a/b, Guile-a, Cable-b.
-Dlk, Call Cable-b, hp XX power up, headcrush [misses], DHC in Guile for sommersault justice [this hits partially because of the projectiles].

Perhaps this concept can help with team design.

^ You can also do something similar with Sent HSF; good to know, he’s a very common Juggernaut teammate.

Normally, I just counter in Hulk on a hailstorm, drone assist or a string of Mag rushdown (risky) for my glitch.

I agree. Just giving the reader another option [land a hit, power up, DHC whiffed, DHC hitting for damage…].

:evil:

Can you post some examples for us please or is it literally that bad for Mags? I know it’s almost always headcrush season though…

:evil:

if ders one character i can use effectively against every character wit a few rough spots against magneto and cable its juggernaut… my team goes
juggy/XXXX/cammy or BH
juggy i use him to jus reak all sorts of hell for as long as he can using cammys assit to knock em away and for ur second character i tend to go for either sentinel ground or spiral proj. if u want a very potent team go for sentinel but for a more juggy centered team go for spiral. i use spiral more her battery ability to build meter for cammy KBA and juggys headcrush jus wanted to drop by and give my 2 cents on juggy who in my opinion if played to the fullest can give jus about n e character fits

if ders one character i can use effectively against every character wit a few rough spots against magneto and cable its juggernaut… my team goes
juggy/XXXX/cammy or BH
juggy i use him to jus reak all sorts of hell for as long as he can using cammys assit to knock em away and for ur second character i tend to go for either sentinel ground or spiral proj. if u want a very potent team go for sentinel but for a more juggy centered team go for spiral. i use spiral more her battery ability to build meter for cammy KBA and juggys headcrush jus wanted to drop by and give my 2 cents on juggy who in my opinion if played to the fullest can give jus about n e character fits

— Reviving what seems to be one of the more informative Jugg threads —

I was just playing on PSN and noticed something. Juggernaut makes a grunt for some of his light attacks, and doesn’t for others (I think s. lk and c.lp). I am thinking these are his two fastest-frame attacks. Going to try to confirm somehow…

Please post up any Jugg strats, players. Anything new under the sun? :wonder:
Thanks…

I’ve been playing Juggernaut/Rogue/Tron.

Power up - Alpha counter to Rogue.

Just mash some light kicks + Tron and cancel into QCF+PP - DHC into Headcrush. Goodbye.

With Rogue:

lk+a2, lk, qcf+pp, wait until just before launch, qcf+pp

This sounds a bit scrubby, but if my opponent blocks my combo that ends in an unsafe HP (example - jHP, sLP, sHP), and they try to punish my HP, is it okay to Super Cancel into Headcrush?

I mean, they’re probably gonna try to punish with something like cLK, cHP - so I do the super after soaking one hit with my Super Armor (and the headcrush will stuff out their 2nd hit).

Generally, that should work. You should use both assists to do it, though, since it will come out faster.

HEADCRUSH INVINCIBLITY!!! (Well, not so much…)

With Juggs, you can take a lot of lk,lp,hk, or hp hits, and still run through them with headcrush. In fact, I advise using that advantage against opponents. Like Saikyo Student mentioned, thats a awesome way to bait for headcrush. But it has its flaws, HUGE ONES!!!

Against opponents that are very aware of the baiting, they’ll bait themselves with assist, and Cable, Storm, Magneto or Sentinel you with HC’s. So, dont think just cause it goes through a lot of stuff, its auto. Although versus Cable, you can get at him with a bait sometimes. You have to be patient though, and fight through the whole “Im scared to fight, Im gonna shoot you to death” Cable tactics.

F@$^ing Cable…

Most players tend to stick to Juggy’s HP throw cause it’s comboable, only using the HK throw as an occasional mixup. If they don’t tech the HP throw, they’ll certainly roll it, so no Jugg Punch->Headcrush against a good player. I have noticed, though, if you call Spiral proj. assist and immediately HP throw, the swords hit before the opponent touches ground and you can pull off a mashable HC, and for whatever god-forsaken reason, if you do the HK throw you can do a followup HC if the swords are out (And it will connect). It looks like an awkward screen shift that shouldn’t occur…This may be midscreen only or weirdly circumstantial, but I’ll figure it out soon enough.

Yeah, that’s something you definitely don’t want to try against Cable. I guess it’s a good thing that I also use Cable as my Anchor :rofl:

Fun with throws

I’ve been doing a little mind game every time I throw people for the last few years, but never really got around to posting it. This is specifically designed to make your opponent lay there and eat a Juggy Punch --> HC

So, every player that plays against juggy knows HP/HK throw --> Juggy Punch --> HC = death
Use this to your advantage and don’t juggy punch after a throw. “But Gamma what ever will I do with all that free damage lying around?”

Simple

Execute a throw. On the first throw in a match, your opponent will roll 99.9% of the time. The best thing you can do is backdash and re-throw on wakeup. It’s hillarious, unexpected, and forces your opponent to tech your throw. TECH IS THE ONLY WAY OUT OF THIS.

So here’s your flow chart

1. Throw

did your oponent roll?

Yes- Backdash and go back to step 1

No - Juggy punch --> headcrush (this requires a bit of the quick reflexes, but you can do it on sight)

A few other things.

HP throws usually get rolled out of more than HK throws. Theres no evidence to suppoert this, just my 8 year field study of playing Juggy. Use it to your advantage and make your re-throw an HK…then look for the pucnh -> HC

I would highly advise anyone who wants to get their juggy in top form to youtube mike Z’s tutorial vids on Team Z. Even if you dont play Doom and Tronne, the juggy stuff yu see is all very applicable.

Peace
-D-

The best combo I use with Juggs is pretty much a kill shot.

Using Juggs on point and Tron assist

Jump FP, C.LK + Tron assist, C.LK, HCF+LP (juggernaut punch), Headcrush (mash for 8 hits)

This should auto kill majority of the roster. This combo is rollable but if you can get the timing right for the tron assist, it will freeze the opponent in the air for the head crush.

You know you have the timing down when the animation for the opponent goes entirely horizontal and gets stretched out… (i dont know why it does that lol)

What do you guys think of jug, bb, cyke?